2024 Chicago Bears Offseason Thread

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Props on the Neal Anderson jersey. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen anybody rocking a Neal Anderson Jersey at any game I’ve ever went to. He doesn’t get the props he deserves because he came right after Payton, but he was a damn good and versatile back.
Me either, never seen an Anderson jersey, and hell, I’ve seen a cat rockin a goddamn Matt Suhey jersey at Soldier Field, yet, no Anderson.

Last edited:

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
But you had to know why? He was white, right?
You already know……..and it wasn’t no fugazi shit either, it was like a Logo Athletics brand one, meaning buddy been holding on to that peak wyponess a long time.

I had two Urlacher jerseys but, after he pledged alligance to his Lord and Savior, Donald Trump, I sold one and gave the other to a homeless dude at a stop light as I was taking it to Goodwill.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
You already know……..and it wasn’t no fugazi shit either, it was like a Logo Athletics brand one, meaning buddy been holding on to that peak wyponess a long time.

I had two Urlacher jerseys but, after he pledged alligance to his Lord and Savior, Donald Trump, I sold one and gave the other to a homeless dude at a stop light as I was taking it to Goodwill.

Dude, they'll go out of their way to get a white player even if all the stars on a team are black. Their kids want the stars, black or white.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

As I said before. I dont give a fat babies ass about his antics, so long as he balls.

Naamloos-1.jpg

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Jaylon Johnson on how the Bears' locker room will receive Caleb Williams if he's the pick at No. 1:
"You just humble yourself coming into the building. You can't bring that Hollywood stuff into the building especially with guys who have played the game at a high level for consecutive years -- Tremaine, TJ, Keenan Allen. We going to see through that. What you did in college, the Hollywood, it's like nah, you gotta prove yourself. That stuff like that doesn't matter. You gotta get to know him, too. I think there's a fine line between trying to prove a point to him but you also gotta get to know him. Because at the end of the day, we want him to be the absolute best he can be. That's what we're bringing him in for to win games. I think truly just learning who he is as a person and learning him deeper than all the Hollywood stuff you see, but actually trying to learn and get to know him and then knowing from there what pushes him. If it is trash talk, if trash talk makes him crumble, then I mean, I feel like we gotta push that button because people in the game, they're gonna push that button. Depending on whatever it is that he needs to be pushed at, that's our job and that's our duty as his teammates to make him better to strengthen his weaknesses."

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Too many folks satisfied with winning the offseason.. This dude better come in and win games, man. Or none of this shit even matters. It'll just be the usual song and dance.

Beat the Packers for once.
Make the Playoffs.

I hope you guys have reasonable expectations after the past 30 years

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
With an ascending D, upgrades on offense and the offensive staff, I expect more wins, more division wins and playoff contention.
Muthafuckas who were screaming from the rooftops about Caleb Williams all of a sudden are trying to lower expectations lol and I'm specifically talking about media people. Ryan Poles said it himself at the end of the season, he expects to win this upcoming season. I personally think Caleb is pretty damn good but at the end of the day you have to prove it in the NFL. He's being surrounded with damn good talent like you said. If he's as good as all the experts are saying he is, then I expect playoffs.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Muthafuckas who were screaming from the rooftops about Caleb Williams all of a sudden are trying to lower expectations lol and I'm specifically talking about media people. Ryan Poles said it himself at the end of the season, he expects to win this upcoming season. I personally think Caleb is pretty damn good but at the end of the day you have to prove it in the NFL. He's being surrounded with damn good talent like you said. If he's as good as all the experts are saying he is, then I expect playoffs.
100% they are! Shit's crazy AF. They still talkin-talkin, but DEF lowering the bar. It's because a lot of these fools were/are so obsessed with CW (or just didn't like or appreciate JF much) that they wanted the new thing and assume wins are a foregone conclusion.

Now it's "he might need time" or "as long as he has better stats than JF we're good, but that shouldn't be hard to do.."... most of these folks are scared to talk about actually winning games. And how losing could possibly bring hell to the staff and just put us in the same spiral we been in forever (draft QB, then pair dude with a new staff that didn't draft him).

Anyway, they're bringing in a new QB and the assumption is he's an upgrade, plug and play make this offensive go right now. I posted that vid yesterday of his throws from the pocket and I admit I like the quick release and his willingness to work the middle of the field, so I hope that translates to the League. But we gotta see if he has the smarts and toughness to win against grown men.

I'm still hating, but I'll GLADLY feel fine being wrong as long as we win. If we winning idgaf about any internet talk or SM clout.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I say we trade down, but they're saying we're looking at a pass rusher like Verse or Latu.

Dallas Turner isn't made for our system.
Would u take a WR if one falls?

I don’t mind a trade back to beef up that online and maybe get an extra 2nd for next year.

It’s plenty of Dline and edges on the market

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I say we trade down, but they're saying we're looking at a pass rusher like Verse or Latu.

Dallas Turner isn't made for our system.
As long as they don't go to far they may be able to trade down and get Verse or Latu. Main question with Latu is his medical since he had leave Washington cause their medical staff wouldn't clear him following neck fusion surgery. I could see Turner possibly being the pick