2024 Chicago Bears Offseason Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The writing was on the wall with Pickett being traded and Pittsburgh not having another QB on their roster

I think this deal shows how much they like Justin

Realistically I wouldn't have traded him for this little...but they didn't want to hurt Caleb or the locker room

Plus they wanted Justin to get an opportunity. Sitting for a year might be good for him.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
The writing was on the wall with Pickett being traded and Pittsburgh not having another QB on their roster

Realistically I wouldn't have traded him for this little...but they didn't want to hurt Caleb or the locker room

Plus they wanted Justin to get an opportunity. Sitting for a year might be good for him.

I gotta admit: this makes me less excited going into the season, but winning will cure all. Hope Poles made the right move and all the CW lovers are right and this leads to rivalry wins and playoff runs.

But I gotta see it work before I get my hopes up at this point.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man it sucks bruh, I ain't gone lie I love watching Fields play, he's a good kid bruh. Wish him nothing but success. Can't believe the league value that dude that little.. Smh! Oh well! Let the Caleb era begin.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who was the QB before Peyton?

NOBODY FUCKING CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wished we went with Harbaugh as coach with all these young players

I don’t think we seen the final phase.

Lmaoooo @ Pickett having more value than fields

FUCK JOE COWLEY

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I wish that the team could have gotten more for him but I'm still rooting for Fields regardless. He gets to play under an OC in Arthur Smith who I believed fits Justin's style. I wonder if the Steelers try to sign him to a short extension like the Packers did with Love last season

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I gotta admit: this makes me less excited going into the season, but winning will cure all. Hope Poles made the right move and all the CW lovers are right and this leads to rivalry wins and playoff runs.

But I gotta see it work before I get my hopes up at this point.

I think they still should go through their progressions with Caleb, Maye and Daniels to make sure :dunno:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Man it sucks bruh, I ain't gone lie I love watching Fields play, he's a good kid bruh. Wish him nothing but success. Can't believe the league value that dude that little.. Smh! Oh well! Let the Caleb era begin.

i think one thing is that the league seems to value college QB's more

If you need a QB they seem like they would rather take a chance on Maye, Daniels all the way down to Penix and Nix. :dunno:

It's a deep QB draft and next year isn't supposed to be one.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
i think one thing is that the league seems to value college QB's more

If you need a QB they seem like they would rather take a chance on Maye, Daniels all the way down to Penix and Nix. :dunno:

It's a deep QB draft and next year isn't supposed to be one.
The fact that Justin is in the last year of his rookie contract was most likely a factor cause no way Sam Howell is considered higher than Fields other than because of the contract situation. And I can't see too many teams picking up his 5th year option at that price

I wouldn't be surprised to see the #9 pick get traded down so we can get an extra pick or two provided someone doesn't surprisingly fall like Nabors, Odunze or Alt.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I think they still should go through their progressions with Caleb, Maye and Daniels to make sure :dunno:

True. But none of those dudes excite me until I see them lead, produce, and do a damn thing in the L.

Maye: Didn't win a damn thing in college
Caleb: Didn't win a damn thing in college. Jumped in the stands and cried in his momma arms after a regular season loss.
Daniels: Won some big games, but I need to see it in the pros.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
This means no MHJR.
Smfh
It's murky to me right now. Still feeling like trading down at least one spot and acquiring picks was the way to go. But they seem to be doing to opposite of building through the draft, like Poles claims he wants to do.

I'ma sleep it off and hope it all starts to makes more sense.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Justin was gonna make between what, 6-9 million in 2024? If the season started today, our 3rd most seasoned wr is Dante Pettis. Not to good. I wonder are there any proven wr's with some starting talent-even wr3-that would accept Justin's '24 salary. Would OBJ, Tyler Boyd, Josh Reynolds or Hunter Renfrow play for that?

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
I’ve been busy all day and just saw the news.

A 6th.

For a kid we traded UP for to get. For whom a lot of #1 jerseys were sold. Who I couldn’t believe the Bears looked at a BLACK QB to be the face of the franchise.

In three years, it’s all over. For a 6th.

I will always root for Justin and wish him the best in Pittsburgh. This pic will always make me happy. :yes:

UE4POUBARJCCJLYSRBR2JJ57MA.jpg

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
It's murky to me right now. Still feeling like trading down at least one spot and acquiring picks was the way to go. But they seem to be doing to opposite of building through the draft, like Poles claims he wants to do.

I'ma sleep it off and hope it all starts to makes more sense.
Keep in mind we have a terrible history drafting qb's, we have no luck period. This sticks out like a sore thumb.
They grabbed Allen, I figured that was a good sign to keep Fields draft down get an extra pick or 2 and get MHJR.
I am far from a GM, so my opinion ain't shit. I do know repetition and we consistently draft failure qbs.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Keep in mind we have a terrible history drafting qb's, we have no luck period. This sticks out like a sore thumb.
They grabbed Allen, I figured that was a good sign to keep Fields draft down get an extra pick or 2 and get MHJR.
I am far from a GM, so my opinion ain't shit. I do know repetition and we consistently draft failure qbs.
Oh I'm aware lol. That's why I'm in show-me mode. I thought I knew what was best, obviously Poles & the front office disagree.

I usually have a pretty optimistic vision going into the season, but my mind is blank right now. I feel like JF was the heart of the team and it feels too strange replacing him with someone as juvy as Williams appears. But hey, I'm open minded enough to be won over with wins.

Hopefully this doesn't mess with the team culture and chemistry too much.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

One thing, have we ever had an outright pick of the first pick? This is the first time where it's not up to our own devices.

Trading down doesn't assure you're going to make the right pick, because some are saying Nabors might be better than Harrison Jr.

SAMSOUL

Star
BGOL Investor
The Bears are the dumbest team ever. They gave up greatness for nothing and got a small weak arm slow running rookie for the first pick in the NFL draft? Look at what they did. 1 keep a stooped ass no thinking coach. 2 got rid of a great QB in fields. 3 raise ticket prices. 4 last place in division. This is what happens when you pick dumb ass people to run your team.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The Bears are the dumbest team ever. They gave up greatness for nothing and got a small weak arm slow running rookie for the first pick in the NFL draft? Look at what they did. 1 keep a stooped ass no thinking coach. 2 got rid of a great QB in fields. 3 raise ticket prices. 4 last place in division. This is what happens when you pick dumb ass people to run your team.

You're the dumbest poster ever.

Where was the greatness?

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
I was a big Fields fan......poles came in and started the rebuild of the team.....first getting rid of some pro bowl linebackers and others....he didn't get fields any real help to show his talents ....but every blame's Field for our losing seasons....now last season they stated getting some real talent..... Sweat....Dj.... and now this year.......but get rid of Fields:angry:
I wish him well...... The Chicago Bears.....where quarterback go to die....
:smh:

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're the dumbest poster ever.

Where was the greatness?
Nevermind that, his off field antics aside... Dude has a legit arm, the problem at SC was their line was shit. But I saw Caleb step up in the pocket and go through progressions to throw darts. In college, QBs usually bail and run when their line is shit. The fact that he's comfortable doing what allot of QBs in the league need years to do is impressive. The maturity issues are for sure a concern, but his ability to make throws is not.

SAMSOUL

Star
BGOL Investor
Call me the dumbest poster ever after this season. Fields never had a chance, they gave him plays to run that didn't work. No blocking and no time to throw, no receivers to throw to. and took his great team work heart and used it against him in the press. If i'm wrong Bro Complete after this season i'll accept being wrong. But I'm Not You'll See.