14-year-old driver charged with murder after throwing eggs in fatal crash, police say

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
A 14-year-old driver has been charged with murder for allegedly killing a woman after he ran a red light while throwing eggs at other cars, police in Texas said Wednesday.

The underage driver and two teen passengers were in an SUV Tuesday afternoon when another car began chasing them, the Harris County Sheriff's Office said.

"The 14-year-old & his two teen passengers were reportedly throwing eggs at other cars just prior to the crash," Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted.

According to the sheriff's office, the driver of the car that chased the teens allegedly showed them a semi-automatic handgun. The teens blew through the light during the chase and slammed into a pickup truck, police said.

Paramedics found Silvia Zavala, 45, dead on the scene, the sheriff's office said.

Gonzalez called Zavala "totally innocent." It "seems she had just gone shopping based on some debris strewn at scene," he tweeted.

Gonzalez said the teen driver has been booked in a juvenile detention center and broke his ankle in the crash.

Authorities also said the man who allegedly chased the teens is cooperating with police.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Color pending, right?
I think no matter the race since this wasn't a malicious act he'll be charged as a juvenile. This was a case of kids playing stupid kid games that unfortunately led to a fatality.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
sure...if he’s purple w/ red stripes then lock his fucking ass up and throw away the key
I think no matter the race since this wasn't a malicious act he'll be charged as a juvenile. This was a case of kids playing stupid kid games that unfortunately led to a fatality.
I'm saying if they're white, then you know they ain't spending no 40 yrs in jail.

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
This is the 2nd really bad accident in Houston within the last month :smh::(
Please be careful out here.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
They're saying the car that began following the teens might be in more trouble since they showed a gun & began to follow the teens.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
I had my car egged one New Years eve in San Francisco . Fucked my paint al up I chased the kids in my car and they got away if I found theM I would have beaten them severely even if they were 12 years old

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don’t “know” that re: the circumstances surrounding this case...I know this kid regardless of what color he is should have his ass beat w/in an inch of his fucking life

I KNOW we should forgive

But i could not in this case

Not the mother of my children killed like this?

And if its true they were chased?

Its STILL their own fault

You live down south

You don't think if you throw eggs at a random truck driving down the street...

The most LIKELY POSSIBILITY would be

They gonna get the strap?

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sidebar...

I understand its a juvenile

But in the case of MURDER?

I want to know who that kid is...

Guilty or innocent

Last edited:

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm saying if they're white, then you know they ain't spending no 40 yrs in jail.

If they were Black, we'd have pictures and know their addresses already...

And the story probably wouldn't lead with the driver's age. It would be "3 Black Teens" or "3 Black Joyriders" with the ages in the third paragraph of the text.

I KNOW we should forgive

But i could not in this case

Not the mother of my children killed like this?

And if its true they were chased?

Its STILL their own fault

You live down south

You don't think if you throw eggs at a random truck driving down the street...

The most LIKELY POSSIBILITY would be

They gonna get the strap?

I really hope the news stays up on this case.

I REALLY want to know how this resolves itself

The kid was Mexican. They interviewed his mother on the news last night, she said they always hid the keys to his dads truck from him but he found them this time.

Said the chasing car was a comfortable and the driver was hit with eggs while driving and he chased.

Fuck them idiot kids.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The kid was Mexican. They interviewed his mother on the news last night, she said they always hid the keys to his dads truck from him but he found them this time.

Said the chasing car was a comfortable and the driver was hit with eggs while driving and he chased.

Fuck them idiot kids.

Mother should be charged too.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I am interested in knowing the race of the kids...didnt some White kids in Ohio (I think) get a virtual slap on the wrist after throwing rocks from a bridge that ended up killing a Black driver?....I am down with a harsh punishment for this kind of bullshit but consistency is important

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I am interested in knowing the race of the kids...didnt some White kids in Ohio (I think) get a virtual slap on the wrist after throwing rocks from a bridge that ended up killing a Black driver?....I am down with a harsh punishment for this kind of bullshit but consistency is important

I think you might be right this happened before

Apparently the murderer is Mexican.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
charging the mother w/ murder is absolutely fucking ridiculous

You know...

In most cases ok.

I get that.

But lets say everything we got is true?

BOTH PARENTS KNEW their son does this

He has a history

To the point they gave up TELLING HIM NO

(Which right there is an indictment on THEM)

they had to hide the keys.

A car is a weapon

And i think we just proved that

Its like a gun.

If this kid had a history of STEALING AND PLAYING with a gun

And the parents knew this?

And the kid takes this gun and kills someone

You saying the parents wouldnt be responsible?

At the minimum...

For negligence?

They (all 3 of them) KILLED an innocent mother of 2.

So what would you say if her 2 kids were in the car and died too?

You still think the parents of the driver bear no responsibility?

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is the 2nd really bad accident in Houston within the last month :smh::(
Please be careful out here.

Thank God..I just started a full time job. I was going hard on the uber but after seeing shit like this in Houston i am good to chill a little.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

Fuck them idiot kids.

Smh, people have no idea the madness it is to be a parent. She should of taken the keys to the truck with her to church if he is always taking her truck.

Regardless if this was the first time or 15th, the parents will be held liable for the child. And being she Mex, they charged her, I wanna see what sentence they really give her. And that kid has to live with the fact that he put his mom's in jail. What an idiot.

Then she gonna try to blame the other driver, after her son threw eggs at him, joy riding in a moving vehicle at 14.

Well of course they not gonna charge him, he's white.

Another day in Houston...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Smh, people have no idea the madness it is to be a parent. She should of taken the keys to the truck with her to church if he is always taking her truck.

Regardless if this was the first time or 15th, the parents will be held liable for the child. And being she Mex, they charged her, I wanna see what sentence they really give her. And that kid has to live with the fact that he put his mom's in jail. What an idiot.

Then she gonna try to blame the other driver, after her son threw eggs at him, joy riding in a moving vehicle at 14.

Well of course they not gonna charge him, he's white.

Another day in Houston...

Truth.com

I understand the parents NEVER thought this would happen.

But it did. And yeah they responsible

It aint easy. And I'm pretty sure the kid didn't mean it.

But it doesn't matter.

That car is weapon.

And you can't blame the other car.

(The fact that she is? If i was a judge? I'd lock her up)

What if he threw an egg and THAT driver died?

Or worse...

caused an accident where THAT driver accidentally killed the mother of 2?

Or hell...

Threw an egg and BOTH the other drivers died?

I bet if he had just dented it and messed up their insurance or means to go to work?

They would have beat his ass so bad he would twitch every time he saw a geico commercial.

And that woman would be alive with her kids.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Truth.com

I understand the parents NEVER thought this would happen.

But it did. And yeah they responsible

It aint easy. And I'm pretty sure the kid didn't mean it.

But it doesn't matter.

That car is weapon.

And you can't blame the other car.

(The fact that she is? If i was a judge? I'd lock her up)

What if he threw an egg and THAT driver died?

Or worse...

caused an accident where THAT driver accidentally killed the mother of 2?

Or hell...

Threw an egg and BOTH the other drivers died?

I bet if he had just dented it and messed up their insurance or means to go to work?

They would have beat his ass so bad he would twitch every time he saw a geico commercial.

And that woman would be alive with her kids.
Problem probably is that they don't discipline him.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child" is the saying I believe?

That kid would of respected my ass and not touched my chit. I have no qualms about discipline. But that's a whole 'nother topic on BGOL. Some don't believe in it, but this is the outcome when you don't. Your ass going to jail for the actions of your child. When talking just ain't enough..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Problem probably is that they don't discipline him.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child" is the saying I believe?

That kid would of respected my ass and not touched my chit. I have no qualms about discipline. But that's a whole 'nother topic on BGOL. Some don't believe in it, but this is the outcome when you don't. Your ass going to jail for the actions of your child. When talking just ain't enough..

I HEAR you.

I still have conflict with it.

But situations like this?

Make you realize sometimes you have to "reinforce" the lesson.

It is what it is.

But i try so damn hard to avoid it as much as possible

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I HEAR you.

I still have conflict with it.

But situations like this?

Make you realize sometimes you have to "reinforce" the lesson.

It is what it is.

But i try so damn hard to avoid it as much as possible
For me it's only extreme. I don't believe in beating a kid for just anything, some parents are terrorists. But for stealing my car keys and joy riding, he would of gotten fucked up.

My kids are well mannered and respect my wife and me just speaking to them. 99% of the time, talking is enough.