‘Power’ Prequel ‘Raising Kanan’ discussion

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
I agree. Omari must be a good damn actor because I despise drug dealers yet I liked James/Jamie/Ghost. He and Angie were the only characters I liked.

IMO because you never really saw him sale drugs. Not in the way most people view drug dealers. Corner boys heavy in the street, running around with in hoods with guns. Ghost was a business man who had drugs as side business.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it is but people like it
People like what? The song? NLE Choppa adds nothing to it lol. Its just a error in judgement. I know Fif did it for business purposes putting him on there....that ain't it though. Should've saved him for the BMF intro or some shit lol.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I stop watching power after ghost died.

I think 50 cent should focus on the black mafia family .

Doing all these spin-offs just looks like your trying to milk the brand name power.

Yep, that's what they are doing!!..milking the power name..They should have end it after Season 6!!..

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Am I the only that thinks this franchise died with Ghost?

I’ve tried with Power Book II, but I don’t care for Tariq, Mary J’s 1996 acting style, and these characters.

Kemp’s saving grace may be Tommy and his spinoff but I’m struggling with this transition.
I haven't watched a single episode of the spinoff. Totally lost interest after the train wreck ending of Power.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Am I the only that thinks this franchise died with Ghost?

I’ve tried with Power Book II, but I don’t care for Tariq, Mary J’s 1996 acting style, and these characters.

Kemp’s saving grace may be Tommy and his spinoff but I’m struggling with this transition.
It did. Power wasn't that good of a TV show to begin with. It was a guilty pleasure like Entourage was. But you started giving people like Turtle a spin-off you are going to run into some problems.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
People like what? The song? NLE Choppa adds nothing to it lol. Its just a error in judgement. I know Fif did it for business purposes putting him on there....that ain't it though. Should've saved him for the BMF intro or some shit lol.
why you think this was released early? he played a snippet with only NLE verse on it and people were like thats dope release it.
just cause we dont like doesnt mean that there not whole other fanbase that likes the shit. people didnt even know 50 had a verse on it

also for bmf he is going with ross at least that is the plan.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
why you think this was released early? he played a snippet with only NLE verse on it and people were like thats dope release it.
just cause we dont like doesnt mean that there not whole other fanbase that likes the shit. people didnt even know 50 had a verse on it

also for bmf he is going with ross at least that is the plan.

True like the time I heard this song. I didn’t even no this was Chief Keef song. I thought it was 50cent

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
This shit so wierd....the song is cold and sound like vintage Fif but why they put NLE Choppa on it? This like having Trey Songz on the intro of Power......
^^^^^
I heard this record for the first time this weekend and thought the EXACT SAME THING....

This should could be a perfect 50 cent comeback record but he ruined it with that feature

No disrespect but that kid had no f*cking clue what to do on that classic track, that beat is the cheat code and homeboy sounded lost confused overwhelmed and rushed.
Didn’t make sense at all. And they put too many layers on his vocals so it sounds worse

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought it was good. Seeing Patina Miller in the promo run and then seeing the transformation to her role as Raquel, makes me think she is a talented actress. She comes off as authentic for the most part although I detect a Howard Beach accent when she says some words . I'm interested in seeing how this develops.

Last edited:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just saw it….not bad….you can tell this isn’t no damn prequel because now I’m suppose to believe Kanan was smart and Jukebox could sing her ass off and liked to fuck white girls lol.

It got my attention though.
It’s another Power series where the best characters aren’t the main ones.
Main actress who plays is mom did a great job.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem Is when a show spawns multiple spin offs. It means the network ratings for the original and previous shows were high, which means the majority of people like It. The network usually pays for the pilot season as a test. If It does well they'll pay for each additional season one after another until the creator doesn't want to do It anymore or the ratings flop then It will get canceled. I liked the first ep, the 80's 90's vibe in New York brought back memories. I just hate the nigga nonsense of Ghost/Tasha, Kanan's mom/boyfriend slinging drugs/hustling in front of there kids at birth and then wants them to do well ,attend top tier schools and become Fortune 500 ceos and shit how about leading by example :dunno:
young kids like to mimic what they're around.

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
The problem Is when a show spawns multiple spin offs. It means the network ratings for the original and previous shows were high, which means the majority of people like It. The network usually pays for the pilot season as a test. If It does well they'll pay for each additional season one after another until the creator doesn't want to do It anymore or the ratings flop then It will get canceled. I liked the first ep, the 80's 90's vibe in New York brought back memories. I just hate the nigga nonsense of Ghost/Tasha, Kanan's mom/boyfriend slinging drugs/hustling in front of there kids at birth and then wants them to do well ,attend top tier schools and become Fortune 500 ceos and shit how about leading by example :dunno:
young kids like to mimic what they're around.

Fuck Spin-offs he should but all his advance money into the BMF story. That’s a story I really am interested about.

You are going to need all the money to get the cars and homes to live the early 2000s bling bling era

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just saw it….not bad….you can tell this isn’t no damn prequel because now I’m suppose to believe Kanan was smart and Jukebox could sing her ass off and liked to fuck white girls lol.

It got my attention though.
It’s another Power series where the best characters aren’t the main ones.
Main actress who plays is mom did a great job.
Don't take this the wrong way because I'm not an internet gangster, but her name is Jukebox so I am unsure why you think it is not plausible that she would be able to sing; nicknames usually originate from something real. In terms of Kanan, in the mid 80's to 90's there were many intelligent kids that went to the streets for one reason or another. I have a friend whose family was very similar to portrayed to one in this show. He got picked up in a raid and it was almost curtains. I don't know if someone in the crew stepped up for him, but he made it to college and is now successful.