‘Power’ Prequel ‘Raising Kanan’ discussion

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whoever does fashion, sets, and props for this show is a fucking genius. The wardrobe is on point, haircuts, hairstyles, make-up, and even the facial hair period correct (niggas walking around with mustaches, no goatees, and beards like today). You are immersed in the early 90s in this show.

I also tend to wonder if it's period accuracy is because 50 Cent himself was a teenager during this period and maybe he pushes hard for it to be accurate.
I highly doubt Fif got anything to do with this show but I could be wrong. I would say the show runner should be in charge of that stuff.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naw bro… I grew up during this era in south Jamaica Queens. I got pics of me and my crew on Jamaica Avenue,at Green acres Mall in front of Gertz Mall everything is 100% the same as it was in the early 90s. I’m very familiar with 50 Cent way before his fame shit everything there on the show is 100% real. And it takes a real queens Ngiga to know. Most of y’all who watch the show who’s not from Queens really don’t understand how accurate everything is.

What he's telling you is right though. ITs authentic like that because they hire people to make it authentic. It's people who specialize in set and costume design.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Killing Unique is wack. Could've did it in the finale...they had a lot more story to tell with his character. Ronnie ain't shit but a serial killer. Character has no depth. Hopefully that gets better.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One fucking comment about the authenticity of the show got niggas all up in arms.

I'm not saying that 50 is sitting in meetings and pointing out anachronisms and inaccuracies, I obviously know that there are people who went to school for fashion and others who study culture and history who are given their input on how to make this show look as accurate as possible. I'm just simply saying that I wouldn't be surprised if 50 gave some input as well, considering he came of age during this time period and is from the area.

In other TV shows and movies, Rappers, Gang members, and other locals have been brought in for movies and TV shows to add a layer of authenticity. WC was a dialect coach on Snowfall.

Simply it's not out of the range of possibility for 50 to have given some input, as well as it's not of the range of possibility that he probably just does his voiceovers and keeps it pushing.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I said that shit last season....I look at Raising Kanan as a reboot for that Kanan character because there's no way these characters turn into the characters we saw in Power. Especially Kanan character.
yeah based on this season its weird unless something will happen between them
his son name is after famous
so a lot of shit is going to happen

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Hasnthis show jumped the shark yet? There's too much going on with the annoying detective chick, the mob etc.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah based on this season its weird unless something will happen between them
his son name is after famous
so a lot of shit is going to happen
This fools got new writers who probably never watched Power lol. I'm expecting all type of errors and continuation errors.

I didn't see the connection with Famous and his son.....shit what was his name again lol?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One fucking comment about the authenticity of the show got niggas all up in arms.

I'm not saying that 50 is sitting in meetings and pointing out anachronisms and inaccuracies, I obviously know that there are people who went to school for fashion and others who study culture and history who are given their input on how to make this show look as accurate as possible. I'm just simply saying that I wouldn't be surprised if 50 gave some input as well, considering he came of age during this time period and is from the area.

In other TV shows and movies, Rappers, Gang members, and other locals have been brought in for movies and TV shows to add a layer of authenticity. WC was a dialect coach on Snowfall.

Simply it's not out of the range of possibility for 50 to have given some input, as well as it's not of the range of possibility that he probably just does his voiceovers and keeps it pushing.
"Up in arms" is a bit of a stretch lol....

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
He was one of the best parts of the show

His Steve Uriel brothers storyline and character is wack as fuck
I don't know what the fuck the writers were thinking to kill his character off so soon because I believe his character had more stories to tell that never came to fruition.

But since his exit from the show would open more doors for him to be in others and I'm looking forward to seeing him on other shows and movies and dude is only 28 years old because I thought he was older than that. He has a bright future ahead of him.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I don't know what the fuck the writers were thinking to kill his character off so soon because I believe his character had more stories to tell that never came to fruition.

But since his exit from the show would open more doors for him to be in others and I'm looking forward to seeing him on other shows and movies and dude is only 28 years old because I thought he was older than that. He has a bright future ahead of him.

not sure if you saw

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
GDvqVVaXoAA2-0D

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He was one of the best parts of the show

His Steve Uriel brothers storyline and character is wack as fuck
I was like who the fuck is Steve URIEL lmao. Them typos haha. Cell Block Urkel ass Ronnie showed a little more of that dynamic we know as og grown K from power… the Michael Meyers Shawn killer K haha. But don’t get me wrong I mourn to see ‘Nique go… but this the power u — gotta get over this shit lol

I swore Liliana was the LAST one that would fuck me up haha

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I was like who the fuck is Steve URIEL lmao. Them typos haha. Cell Block Urkel ass Ronnie showed a little more of that dynamic we know as og grown K from power… the Michael Meyers Shawn killer K haha. But don’t get me wrong I mourn to see ‘Nique go… but this the power u — gotta get over this shit lol

I swore Liliana was the LAST one that would fuck me up haha

Auto correct on Safari

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Are they gonna show hint at showing Ghost & Tommy at some point? It would be nice if they kinda incorporated a young Ghost & Tommy running the deliveries for Kanan. They did say they use to hustle for Kanan when they were younger.
last episode, when Kanan was handing out work, they had two workers standing off to the side. a white boy and and black dude. I bet the internet will assume its them. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.
also kanan killin juke is weird
he would never shoot her over ghost kid

Yes. The relationship that Juke and Kanan have on Raising Kanan could never turn into how Kanan is on Ghost.
The writers are beyond fucking stupid. It is insulting.
The rift is starting

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
last episode, when Kanan was handing out work, they had two workers standing off to the side. a white boy and and black dude. I bet the internet will assume its them. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

The rift is starting
I see it