‘New York Undercover’ Reboot Eyed By ABC

Would you watch a New York Undercover reboot?

• Yeah. A modern take could be cool.

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Nah. Don't mess with the classics.

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Who fucking cares?

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As a native New Yorker, do you think it's even possible to such a show in modern day New York and still have the same effect?

These days?
Nope.

That's because it's really not "New York" anymore.
Those decades from the time I was born and raised here from the 60s to the 80s (I was only flying back and forth here during the 90s before I moved back in 2003) are times people speak of for a reason. And those are decades that hold a native love and Pop Culture fascination world-wide to this day.

So much was going on here during those times. And "NYU" took advantage of it to great effect.
I honestly can't see anything in this city today that would give that same effect.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
As a native New Yorker, do you think it's even possible to such a show in modern day New York and still have the same effect?
New decade new crimes new environment...could easily do something with modern times spin on it but 9 out of 10 times they would probably fail... You got underage pimping, human trafficking(the real version), gangs, gun trade, credit card hustle/scammers, all kinda underworld activity, than racist politics, the jew affect on the city, mob ties , etc... Got old ny music acts as well as new ny acts...could be done well but wouldn't bet on it

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Undercover#Potential_reboot/revival

Potential reboot/revival

On December 5, 2018, Deadline reported that series creator Dick Wolf and ABC were in talks to reboot the series.[3] Six days later, ABC officially committed the reboot to a pilot.[4]

On January 31, 2019, ABC officially ordered the reboot to pilot, also revealing that it would officially be a revival of the original series, featuring both old characters and a new cast.[5]

dade305

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
New decade new crimes new environment...could easily do something with modern times spin on it but 9 out of 10 times they would probably fail... You got underage pimping, human trafficking(the real version), gangs, gun trade, credit card hustle/scammers, all kinda underworld activity, than racist politics, the jew affect on the city, mob ties , etc... Got old ny music acts as well as new ny acts...could be done well but wouldn't bet on it
Lol every third episode is going to be about the NYPD investigating one of their own.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lol every third episode is going to be about the NYPD investigating one of their own.
b2a6e977d303f738cf52956ca34f2e0f.gif

:lol::roflmao::roflmao2::lol:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yep..like I said in today climate it def could work...in fact it might be more grimey and realistic this time around compared than last... Two minority cops in law enforcement under all this hidden prejudice and unfairness towards minorities as awhole... Being hated in their department as well as on the streets...still having to do their jobs under al! Those circumstances in the new world of criminal activities

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yep..like I said in today climate it def could work...in fact it might be more grimey and realistic this time around compared than last... Two minority cops in law enforcement under all this hidden prejudice and unfairness towards minorities as awhole... Being hated in their department as well as on the streets...still having to do their jobs under al! Those circumstances in the new world of criminal activities
Point taken. :yes: But actually, I think he meant it would be more like what Roy Wood is saying below... just with a NY Undercover cast. :D

Maybe I’m wrong... but that’s how I took it. :dunno:

:lol::roflmao::roflmao2::lol:

Last edited:

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://www.moviefone.com/2019/02/2...oba-returning-for-new-york-undercover-reboot/

Luna Lauren Velez and Malik Yoba Returning for 'New York Undercover' Reboot

nyundercover-1.jpg

ABC The "New York Undercover" reboot is shaping up: Luna Lauren Velez will reprise her role of Det. Nina Moreno and Malik Yoba will be back as Det. J.C. Williams. The new "New York Undercover" follows new detectives as they investigate the city`s most dangerous criminals. In the pilot, Yoba`s character has been promoted to head of the unit and Velez`s character is now retired, but still maintains ties to her old job. Velez (who used to be credited as "Lauren Velez") was a regular on "How To Get Away With Murder" and "Dexter." She also voiced Rio Morales in "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse." Yoba was a regular on "Designated Survivor" and guest starred on "God Friended Me." The original Dick Wolf series aired from 1994 to 1999 on Fox. It costarred Michael DeLorenzo and Patti D`Arbanville. Marisa Ryan, Josh Hopkins and Tommy Ford joined the show for its fourth and final season. [Via The Wrap]

Last edited:

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Deadline

‘New York Undercover’: MC Lyte, Otmara Marrero, Toby Sandeman, Anna Enger & Octavio Pizano Cast In ABC Reboot Pilot
  • Denise Petski
    March 12, 2019 11:30AM PDT
otmara-marrero-toby-sandeman-anna-enger-octavio-pizano-mc-lyte.jpg

MC Lyte (Power), Otmara Marrero(StartUp), Toby Sandeman (She’s Gotta Have It), Anna Enger (Chicago Med) andOctavio Pizano (If Loving You Is Wrong)are set as series regulars opposite Malik Yoba and Luna Lauren Velez in ABC’s New York Undercover pilot, a contemporary reboot of the cop drama, from Dick Wolf, Hand of God creator Ben Watkins and director Anthony Hemingway.

Written by Watkins based on a story he wrote with Wolf, New York Undercoverpicks up 20 years after the end of the original Fox series that changed the face of TV cop dramas. It will follow detectives Nat Gilmore and Melissa Ortiz as they investigate the city’s most dangerous criminals from Harlem to Battery Park.

They join previously announced Yoba and Velez, who reprise their respective roles as JC Williams and Nina Moreno from the original series.

Lyte is Lt. April Freeman, a hard-driving boss with a genius IQ. Marrero will play Melissa Ortiz, a fiery young detective who blends well undercover. Sandeman is Nat Gilmore, charismatic with an easy smile and a quick fuse. Enger portrays Lisa Kim, an ambitious climber. Pizano is Moses Hernandez, an eager beaver with a hero complex.

Wolf, Watkins and Hemingway executive produce with Wolf Entertainment’s Arthur Forney and Peter Jankowski. The project is produced by Wolf Entertainment, Universal TV — where the company is based — and ABC Studios.

Lyte’s recent TV credits include appearances on Starz’s Power, BET’s Talesand USA’s Unsolved, as well as recurring roles on Queen of the South and CBS’ S.W.A.T. Lyte, who appeared in Sundance hit Patti Cake$. also has supporting roles in upcoming feature Bad Hair opposite Vanessa Williams, Michelle Hurd and Laverne Cox; the feature Sylvie, starring Tessa Thompson; and in TV One’s feature Loved to Death. She’s repped by Pantheon and Pallas Management Group.

Marrero most recently starred for three seasons on Sony Crackle’s series StartUpopposite Martin Freeman and Adam Brody. Her film credits include Vandal, as well as Clementine, which will premiere at next month’s Tribeca Film Festival. She is repped by Innovative Artists and Management 360.

Enger has recurred on Chicago Med, Hawaii Five-O, The Haunting of Hill Houseand Life Sentence. She’s with Joseph Le Talent Agency and Insight Management.

Pizano next will be seen starring in Sundance film Ms Purple, directed by Justin Chon (Gook), set for release this year. His television credits include, two seasons on Tyler Perry’s OWN series If Loving You Is Wrong and Hulu’s East Los High. He is repped by CAA and GSA Entertainment.

Sandeman has appeared as Prince Sebastian in The Royals, as well as in Netflix’s She’s Gotta Have It and Love Is on OWN. He’s repped by Gersh and Authentic Talent and Literary Management.

Leave a Comment
SHARE THIS

© 2019 PMC. All rights reserved.

Last edited:

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Damn so Torres is still dead?

Man Torres dying was honestly some shit that fucked up my soul. Like real tears and shit.

Got to school the next day and shit was like a funeral; chicks and dudes emotional as hell.

That was it for NYU; everything after that moment didn’t matter for the rest of the series.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Man Torres dying was honestly some shit that fucked up my soul. Like real tears and shit.

Got to school the next day and shit was like a funeral; chicks and dudes emotional as hell.

That was it for NYU; everything after that moment didn’t matter for the rest of the series.

Agreed.

The 4th season doesn't exist to me. I only watched it once because it ties up the Torres story line

I was sort of hoping that they would pick up 20 years later and ignore Torres' death and make it so that he survived but was obviously injured and have him as a old, streetwise latino cop that still deals with his injuries.