DJ Quik= one of the most slept on artist?

desklamp

Star
Registered
Dunno why homie has never gotten the props i think he deserves. I got all his albums and still put his shit on heavy rotate in the whip. It's something bout dat nigga's smooth ass beats and his flow dat makes me like his music. My older brother used to bump nothin but westcoast shit and i guess i just grew to really gravitate towards they beats n shit iounno. Watchall niggas thank?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man Quik don't get love in the hood. Half these young cats don't even know who he is. Damn right he's slept on. As far as rappers/producers goes he's top 5 all time for me. Been sayin' that shit. I'd rank him as one of the best to ever come out of the West. Probably older heads appreciate what dude has done for music but I agree with topic creator. Dude is slept on heavy. Dude is diverse as hell with the boards. He's produced for Talib Kweli, Jay, Luda, Pac, Jodeci just to name a few. If you ever get a chance go cop that Quik is The Name.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
when i talk i am not refering to these young cats who olny like weezy and shit. cats who are 26+ know the deal,,, these young cats have to be told by mtv and shit who is hot

I don't know. When you hear dudes speak on the 90's hip hop scene which I do talk about with my boys frequently, you rarely if it all hear about Quik. Maybe its regions. I stay in Dallas so maybe i'm speaking from a outsiders perspective. Maybe dudes on the West give him more love but down here dudes don't give Quik the respect he deserves as a musician. And I don't really blame anyone for that. He's sort of had a under the radar career. A lot of dudes probably just know him as a rapper.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If not slept on artist, DEFINITELY one of the best slept in, if not THE best slept on producer in the game...ever...bar none! He deserves all of his props.

desklamp

Star
Registered
I don't know. When you hear dudes speak on the 90's hip hop scene which I do talk about with my boys frequently, you rarely if it all hear about Quik. Maybe its regions. I stay in Dallas so maybe i'm speaking from a outsiders perspective. Maybe dudes on the West give him more love but down here dudes don't give Quik the respect he deserves as a musician. And I don't really blame anyone for that. He's sort of had a under the radar career. A lot of dudes probably just know him as a rapper.

yeah it's funny cuz i grew up in the Chi and westcoast shit was like all mah brothers listened too. Prolly why i grew to like dat shit too. DJ Quik is mos definitely one of mah personal favorites of all time.:yes:

Criptonite187

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
E-I-H to the T now must I continue? They left out the G cause the G ain't in U

Ended a Dudes Career with That Line Alone :yes:

desklamp

Star
Registered
prince.gif

:confused:

:hmm:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
E-I-H to the T now must I continue? They left out the G cause the G ain't in U

Ended a Dudes Career with That Line Alone :yes:

Oh shit he went at MC Eiht lol? What he say back? Dude got butt hurt over a metaphor Lloyd Banks used with his name. I know he must've went back at Quik.

Damn Right

Rising Star
Registered
i was bon and raised in nyc, im 32 yrs old and my click always showed him love. not sure how he was received in the west

EVERYBODY in the west knows about quik. didn't know he got love outside l.a. though. good to know cause dude is talented. .....and really cool too in person

456.North.side

Rising Star
Registered

Shhhhhhhit we know Quik my way, I would have him up there in my top 5 too no doubt

bigred22

Star
Registered
Quik been doin it for years, and he IS still relevant. Dude was a underground legend in the 80's, and Hip Hop Legend in the 90's through 2008! Dude is the most versatile artist out there. He a tight ass rapper and one of the best producers in the game, rap or R&B! Any artist (established or not) on the west coast that currently want a hit album, they come to this man for production or executive production. He done tracks for artist all over the globe, dude just rap when he feel like it. As for the street, dude is a grown man and don't need to be in the streets, but his name DO still ring in the streets of LA, Compton, WATTS, Inglewood, etc.

Shotta042807

Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, he's the most slept on in the west imho. Damn near all west coast artists get no love in NY except 2pac (I know...), Snoop and Dr. Dre (no1 mentions WC, Mack 10, Ice Cube's older stuff, Yukmouth, e40, Daz, Kurupt, etc.). People are so forgetful here b/c it is a constant grind and everyone is in a rush to be the next, be the first, get ahead, people forget the greats.

I wouldn't be surprised if Quik never had any radioplay in NY, and he hardly gets the credit in magazines either. He's like the AZ or UGK of the West, but on top of that his beats are crack.

HELL THAT GHOSTRIDE IT SONG GOT MORE SPINS THEN MOST LEFTCOAST LEGENDS OUT HERE. :lol::dance:....
.:hmm:

hawk919

Star
Registered
Errbody I mean real hip hop heads know who Quik is,

that nigga can make some fire ass beats, crazy production skills

and that nigga would bust your azz your too............

A real west coast blood, not one this fake ass east coast bloods
faggot ass niggas

aek_54

Star
Registered
very much slept on.
I always liked his diversity.
I sae him at the house of blues seval months ago.
dude looks gay.
I guess thats why dude posted this:

prince.gif

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
DJ Quik is not slept on.

That's only the political thing to say.

Like "Kurupt is slept on as a free styler."

Ever since Biggie said that shit.

Quik gets his props. And he gets that work.

There will be trailer trash in Wisconsin bumping "Tonite," drinking Natural Ice beer tonight.

LeftyLuchini

Star
Registered
Quik is dope but he's not slept on.

if Quik aint got millions from the past 17+ years of work as a rapper/producer (which he should),

THEN HE IS SLEPT ON.

and yes, Quik is the top 5 best producers not just in hip hop,
but in black music PERIOD.
and on my list he ranks higher in Dre.

every hip hop producer should be required to watch Quiks doucumentary Visualism.

36102345.jpg

http://totalvid.zipidee.com//videoDetail.cfm?intSelectedIdnt=36101422&v=36102345

any dude that doenst have the kind of deep love and passion for music like Quik does,
should just hang it up now..

www.rkellyisguilty.com

LeftyLuchini

Star
Registered
Oh shit he went at MC Eiht lol? What he say back? Dude got butt hurt over a metaphor Lloyd Banks used with his name. I know he must've went back at Quik.

WENT AFTER EIHT??

it was more than that homie.
in the 90s it was an all out war betwn them two.

they had to squash that shit quick (no pun intended) bcuz it turned in to a crip and blood thing.

this was the song that explained it all..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QiTpnxgQy3w&feature=related

assist please.

www.rkellyisguilty.com

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
and yes, Quik is the top 5 best producers not just in hip hop,
but in black music PERIOD.

I'm an avid DJ Quik fan but to say some bullshit like that is ridiculous.

I guess you'd put Quik ahead of this cast of producers:

Roger Trotman
Babyface
Stevie Wonder
George Clinton
JJ & TL
Prince
Timbaland
Quincy Jones
DJ Premiere
Organized Noize
Dr Dre
Herbie Hancock
Etc.

Come on man?

Quik is a genius but y'all going too far with this GOAT status.

And if he doesn't have millions, that's on his paperwork skills, not the music.

And I repeat, dude is not slept on. He has the respect from his peers and millions of albums sold.

Tonite will be bumping in many of cribs and clubs tonight. One.

mozartte

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quik is slept on because he was behind Dr. Dre's shadow. I still buy his albums. That dude is very creative. No, he did not end Mc Eights career. Both of them were ahead of their time.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sombody up that song that came out last summer...it wwas a club type of song. i forgot the name...but Dj quik rapped on it tho.

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
What is the story with "Player Ham?" Seriously? Did that nigga let Quick sleep on his couch back in the day or something?

Vashinti

Potential Star
Registered
Damn I used to look forward to hearing the instrumental "Quiks Groove" he had on each album, dem shits was always tight and at the time it was rare to hear a showcase of production skills by a rap artist. Definitely slept on in the production department.

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
Yep.

[FLASH]http://youtube.com/watch/v/vSC_aVJ56_k[/FLASH]

Robert Bacon on the guitar.

I knew that it had to be something like that. Because Quick can't get three words out of his mouth before he's giving a shout-out to that nigga.