real talk - tell the real reason why you are not in a relationship ?

cameo

Star
OG Investor
This has been on my mind for a minute. I guess everytime I really wanna go to the next level, I get the cold feet. I'm honest, it really ain't about chasing pussy, or being a bacholer anymore, I've gotten so use to being alone, that it's a big part of me. Yesterday was really tough. My family (the women) ganged up on me, about having a wife, children. My mom is all over me about that. I told her, I respected her enough not to have children with a woman that i didn't truly love. All day they matched me up with women from church, they're friends daughters, all kinds of women, that shit was crazy. My dad says I did the right thing, by not settling, but he did ask me, was there anybody special.

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
I understand that totally.
I've been by myself for a long time.

I think I'm used to it now.

And after I dealt with the cancer thing, I honestly lost ALOT of patience for alot of things including relationships. I find I have very little patience for much of anything now. It's not a good foundation to build a relationship on.

Iron

Support BGOL
Registered
Iam still a baby i gots loads of time before i decide to settle down but iam single right now because iam busy working.:dunno:

D

DigitalAngel2007

I understand that totally.
I've been by myself for a long time.

I think I'm used to it now.

And after I dealt with the cancer thing, I honestly lost ALOT of patience for alot of things including relationships. I find I have very little patience for much of anything now. It's not a good foundation to build a relationship on.

I never knew you had a bout with cancer....
I'm glad to see you didn't let it get the best of you.

I was single for a long time I'd basically decided all I wanted was a monagamous sexual relationship. So that's all I had for years. Then one day I realized I had to change my goals short and long term. Although I complained about how hard it was to be single. I wasn't doing anything to change it. I realized that I was in control. I literally met my current and most likely last spouse that week.:yes:

6lln978.jpg

Duece

This profile is now managed by A.I.
BGOL Investor
dealing with Katrina-related things are very stressful, plus being in a strange place that you dont want to be in full of women you dont like or are attracted to pretty much dulls your interest.

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
I never knew you had a bout with cancer....
I'm glad to see you didn't let it get the best of you.

I was single for a long time I'd basically decided all I wanted was a monagamous sexual relationship. So that's all I had for years. Then one day I realized I had to change my goals short and long term. Although I complained about how hard it was to be single. I wasn't doing anything to change it. I realized that I was in control. I literally met my current and most likely last spouse that week.:yes:

6lln978.jpg

Thank you very much sis.

It wasn't cancer in a major way but because it still is the big C, it's something I have to keep on my toes about. And it threw me off and I've been tryna get back on the path for years now.:smh:

But definitely congrats to you and yours. I hope that continues to go well for ya girl!

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
I will.

You'll wait for me?
:yes:

Lol ofcourse -why you think I work so hard to stay young and cute lookin', but ole girl is getting tired for real :)

Real reason: Far too many questions and too few answers.

Last edited:

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor
After I broke up with my ex, over a year ago, I said I was taking some me time.. I'm starting to have that itch where I want to be a relationship, and I think that the me time I took will make me a better person in my next relationship. I'm not really out there on the dating scene or whatever that is, so I don't know how I'll meet the next one :confused: but I don't dwell on. I just continue to work on becoming a better person and having fun while doing it.

LurkDiggler

Potential Star
Registered
This has been on my mind for a minute. ... My family (the women) ganged up on me, about having a wife, children. My mom is all over me about that. I told her, I respected her enough not to have children with a woman that i didn't truly love. ...

I can relate to this big time. Relatives don't even ask any more (thankfully have siblings that take a lot of the pressure off).

Convenient "excuse" is: too busy with intense job and launching business on the side.

Reality is: (bad) timing, (wrong) circumstance and I am not interested in any situation that will ADD stress or drama, or anyone that is uber-materialistic ... period.

Strange thing is could really go either way right now, either:
1) Committed "'til death do us part", or
2) Intensely (monogamous) sexual relationship

Definitely would prefer to be married and have kids within a decent amount of time. Right now just happy to be alive and settle for being the ultimate Godparent. :)

Peace

Last edited:

TittyMaster404

BGOL Veteran Titty Inspector
BGOL Investor
I was married for 9 nine years. But, somehow people just keep trying to hook up with their daughters, neices, cousins, & co-workers. I'm just waitng for the right woman this time.

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
Haven't met the right person that I could deal with on all levels. Also been alone so long I am accustomed to doing what I want when I want. I am also not going to go thru the motions on a fallacy. It has to be all that shit. I am not into false pretending or playing games at age 37. I don't really know what else to say about it :hmm:

LurkDiggler

Potential Star
Registered
After I broke up with my ex, over a year ago, I said I was taking some me time.. I'm starting to have that itch where I want to be a relationship, and I think that the me time I took will make me a better person in my next relationship. I'm not really out there on the dating scene or whatever that is, so I don't know how I'll meet the next one :confused: but I don't dwell on. I just continue to work on becoming a better person and having fun while doing it.

Tell me about it, I think about that too ...
They say it is like the lottery; "you can't win if you don't play" ... problem is I haven't seen too many venues that I would be interested in "playing" in these days.

As Cedric the Entertainer said, "I am a grown-azz man" - I am not trying to play kid games.

Peace

cameo

Star
OG Investor
I really never put "real" effort into being with a woman, like a marriage. My life has been sports, and school. I was a virgin until I was 15, and even then, I was more worried about making the varsity football team. I was a nerd/athlete. I knew I needed books to keep playing football. College same way. I'd drop a bitch in a minute if she didn't understand my schedule for athletics. Now it's about training people, working with people. I've really never taken the time to to think about the other part of my life. It's weird. I own a 4 bedroom, 2 full bathroom home. One room is my computer room/ closet room. I've got one guestroom fixed up nice King size bed, and then there is my room. I stood and looked in the one empty room today, imagined a little Cameo running around ! A child would be cool, with a good wife, I guess !;)

Twistyaaliyah

Star
BGOL Investor
18 and neva had a bf. I dont even know why i dont. I guess i dont feel like its something i HAVE to have right now and it pisses me off y people think u are wierd or something if u enjoy being single playing ur volleyball and hanging wid peoples withough having a significant one. Those same people end up complaining at the end of the day but that wont deter me ill get in a relationship when i feel like it.

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
I'm not really out there on the dating scene or whatever that is, so I don't know how I'll meet the next one :confused: but I don't dwell on. I just continue to work on becoming a better person and having fun while doing it.

I feel that Cle-J, because after being with the same man for over a decade, I'm pretty clueless about dating again. The men I meet out on the street are usually too young and I'm so over going to the club. I'm not in a rush...I'll just meditate and do yoga until Iron is ready for me :)

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
18 and neva had a bf. I dont even know why i dont. I guess i dont feel like its something i HAVE to have right now and it pisses me off y people think u are wierd or something if u enjoy being single playing ur volleyball and hanging wid peoples withough having a significant one. Those same people end up complaining at the end of the day but that wont deter me ill get in a relationship when i feel like it.

I didn't know you were so young. Anyway it pisses me off too when people pass all these judgements and automatically assume something is wrong with you just because you are single and not necessarily "looking" :angry:

SuperGenius

Star
Registered
This has been on my mind for a minute. I guess everytime I really wanna go to the next level, I get the cold feet. I'm honest, it really ain't about chasing pussy, or being a bacholer anymore, I've gotten so use to being alone, that it's a big part of me. Yesterday was really tough. My family (the women) ganged up on me, about having a wife, children. My mom is all over me about that. I told her, I respected her enough not to have children with a woman that i didn't truly love. All day they matched me up with women from church, they're friends daughters, all kinds of women, that shit was crazy. My dad says I did the right thing, by not settling, but he did ask me, was there anybody special.

All I tell you is that it not my time yet....I get asked that ALL the time by mostly females. When I tell them i'm single and have no kids, first they can't believe it, then they immediately think it's something i'm doing wrong or if there's something wrong with me.:rolleyes: I just laugh.....my moms has never full court pressed me about it, but she has mentioned that she wishes that I was married.

My last serious relationship was 4 years ago, and after that I decided to just get into me more...and i'm cool with that. I'd rather be alone and happy then to settle and be miserable like some people I know who are already married.

At this point I just leave it in GOD's hands, maybe he has a better plan for me, they say the Lord works in mysterious ways.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Haven't met the right person that I could deal with on all levels. Also been alone so long I am accustomed to doing what I want when I want. I am also not going to go thru the motions on a fallacy. It has to be all that shit. I am not into false pretending or playing games at age 37. I don't really know what else to say about it :hmm:

Well your bi, you should have double the opportunities.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't know you were so young. Anyway it pisses me off too when people pass all these judgements and automatically assume something is wrong with you just because you are single and not necessarily "looking" :angry:

18! Allllllllright! Giggadee giggadee goo

I'm single cuz Im shallow I chase pretty girls around then when I get them I realize that they aint about shit. The whole time passing by the average looking females that pretty much have there shit together!

Im currently looking and now my vision of the field is not so narrow.

HoneyBerry

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
02_10_BOOTSY-TEXT.jpg

I'm a player, and I'm playing just to play!:yes:

:lol:
I don't go on as many first dates any more. If I'm not feeling the guy right off the bat, I won't go out with him. Before I used to give mostly everybody at least one date. Now I don't have the patience for a man who does not bring it from the first time he steps to me

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor
I feel that Cle-J, because after being with the same man for over a decade, I'm pretty clueless about dating again. The men I meet out on the street are usually too young and I'm so over going to the club. I'm not in a rush...I'll just meditate and do yoga until Iron is ready for me :)

I feel clueless too! My last relationship was like 5 years, and I was very young when it started, heck, I'm still very young now... so I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. And the club... ugh... I do NOT goto the club much, and when i do, I don't really go to meet guys, cuz usually guys in the club just wanna fuck...

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Femme knows.

:cool:;):rolleyes::cool::hmm:

She knows I attract unstable women who hate me an love me.

I'm also an emotionally challenged, shallow, selfishly prideful, spoiled, impatient only child who is basically King Midas in reverse, everything I touch turns to shit.

IMG_0491.jpg