Listen, you can demand anything you want in life. It's irrelevant if someone will not pay you what your asking for. It again, is irrelevant! Everything you've argued is just based on feelings. Vlad already explained the video Aries was pointing out on Tiktok aren't even Vlad's videos. They're random Tiktokers that took the footage from Vlad and made it go viral. Is Aries pressing those Tiktokers for his cut? Now tell me how you get monetary value on something else's content you don't own? Explain to us in detail how Vlad can show those videos increase his bottomline? You are arguing nonsense. Feelings and reality are two different things. I can tell my employer what I feel I'm worth, but if I can't do it myself or find someone to pay me what I'm asking for then ain't shit I can do about it. It's called life. That's why I keep a side hustle because it gives me an immediate reality check and understanding of value. You will know you're value because people will pay for what your selling or they won't. There's nothing else to be said in this whole situation. Those that can do. Those that can't.......
What I am saying is not based on feelings. I own a digital marketing agency so I am speaking from experience. Unfortunately you would have been robbed right in your face.
Vlad can see how many subscribers were gained from a specific video. He can see watch time, returning viewers, new viewers, traffic sources, impressions, click-through rate, audience retention, suggested video traffic, and how that video helped move people through the channel. This is all available in GA4
He can look at an Aries Spears interview and see if people subscribed from that video, if they watched more videos after that, if it showed up in suggested videos, and if it kept people engaged on the channel.
Think of “Name, Image and Likeness”. When you do an interview with Vlad, your signing over license to use your “Name, Image and Likeness”. Vlad is profiting from people’s name, image, likeness, and personal stories. That gives the guest every right to negotiate based on more than just one video’s view count.
What Vlad is failing to mention is that he is receiving residual income. Your mistake like many, never asked the following questions
1.) What platforms will this interview be used on? YouTube only? Facebook? Instagram? TikTok? Snapchat? Website? Podcast platforms?
2.) How many clips will be made from it?
3.) Will the content be monetized forever?
4.) Can Vlad reuse my clips in compilations, promos, throwbacks, or future content?
5.) Is the payment for one interview, or is it really payment for unlimited use of my name, image, likeness, voice, and personal stories across multiple platforms?
Vlad is playing dirty politics. If someone was being fair the contract would stipulate use of their Name, Image and Likeness for a specific time period and once that is up Vlad either pays a fee to license the content again or it comes down.
If Vlad is paying somebody $4K, but then he can take that same interview and turn it into 10 clips across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and his website for years, then you did not just give him “one interview.” You gave him a content asset that can be monetized over and over again. Now the question you should be asking is not “How many views did one video get?” The question should be, “How many ways is Vlad monetizing your content?”
If someone tries to tell your value starts and end with video views, then they are being misleading and you should be very suspicious while also trapping you into being able to use your “Name, Image and Likeness” forever.