Movie News: Scream 7 - Matthew Lillard Is Coming Back! (tallblacknyc called it) SCREAM 8 NEXT

I liked it for the most part, just underwhelmed about the killer reveal and their motivations.

Also, the only thing I would nitpick


For someone who never used a gun, Sid's daughter grouped her shots like she was John Wick. On the other hand, I did like how they acknowledged she needed to protect her hearing
The reveal and motivation is usually a key part of the franchise… every reveal has a connection … this was dogshit with motivation and connection… dogshit as number 5 connection and reveal
 
I bet most people didn’t peep at the end of scream 7 they played the same track they did at the end of scream 1.. I did and found the beat.. they retro the track

 
I liked it for the most part, just underwhelmed about the killer reveal and their motivations.

Also, the only thing I would nitpick


For someone who never used a gun, Sid's daughter grouped her shots like she was John Wick. On the other hand, I did like how they acknowledged she needed to protect her hearing

This thing is divisive as hell.

I know people who HATE HATE HATE it.

NOBODY loves it.

EVERYONE hates the ending and how they wasted Stu (maybe the ONLY thing everyone agrees with)

Most think its just barely okay overall

I cannot find a consensus on the acting writing directing kills motivation etc

withholding critic reviews worked perfectly

You cannot dismiss almost 100M global! (Personally I think its specifically because @tallblacknyc theory about Stu made fans excited)

I don't know wtf to think.

But I guarantee the next one gonna make money too.

This movie might be the rare case of fan AND critic proof.
 
This thing is divisive as hell.

I know people who HATE HATE HATE it.

NOBODY loves it.

EVERYONE hates the ending and how they wasted Stu (maybe the ONLY thing everyone agrees with)

Most think its just barely okay overall

I cannot find a consensus on the acting writing directing kills motivation etc

withholding critic reviews worked perfectly

You cannot dismiss almost 100M global! (Personally I think its specifically because @tallblacknyc theory about Stu made fans excited)

I don't know wtf to think.

But I guarantee the next one gonna make money too.

This movie might be the rare case of fan AND critic proof.
The name / series is what made that money not cause it was a great installment… the trailer, the possible return of Stu, the return of a 90s scream queen neve Campbell.. had everything going for it and it completely failed.. it’s like iron man 3.. first movie after avengers, potential villain , great trailer, than the fans were fucked with the Tony starks movie with an iron man appearance ( iron man never had a solo movie after that never 4get, movie so bad they erased some of the things in future movies his chest thing still being there, him still having iron man suits even though they made it seem like they got rid of it… scream 7 the iron man 3 of the franchise.. yes best comparison ever.. probably the most profitable but pure garbage
 
The name / series is what made that money not cause it was a great installment… the trailer, the possible return of Stu, the return of a 90s scream queen neve Campbell.. had everything going for it and it completely failed.. it’s like iron man 3.. first movie after avengers, potential villain , great trailer, than the fans were fucked with the Tony starks movie with an iron man appearance ( iron man never had a solo movie after that never 4get, movie so bad they erased some of the things in future movies his chest thing still being there, him still having iron man suits even though they made it seem like they got rid of it… scream 7 the iron man 3 of the franchise.. yes best comparison ever

But I gotta give it to you... you BEEN said they were setting up Stu and THAT would be the hook to get the fan base going.

After 30 years its insane that the franchise is THIS strong.

How on hell is SCREAM stronger than Friday the 13, Texas chainsaw, elm street, etc?!

Bookmarked: let's see how the next 3 horror reboots do?

Because right now is the newest horror Renaissance and even the bargain bin horror flicks at least making their money back plus. Even making the last two January traditional dump months viable.
 
Lmaooo… I would have to see the storyline, angle, and trailer to give you a prediction

Nah....Let's test this damn super power to its limits!!

If you wrong you wrong... so were a dozen executives making 500k...

But if you RIGHT???!! WOOOOO BOY!!!

I think NO.

But it will do well as long as they bring back Queen Neve.

Without HER? Or bringing back Ortega or something?

Nope. I think this was a perfect storm situation
 
But I gotta give it to you... you BEEN said they were setting up Stu and THAT would be the hook to get the fan base going.

After 30 years its insane that the franchise is THIS strong.

How on hell is SCREAM stronger than Friday the 13, Texas chainsaw, elm street, etc?!

Bookmarked: let's see how the next 3 horror reboots do?

Because right now is the newest horror Renaissance and even the bargain bin horror flicks at least making their money back plus. Even making the last two January traditional dump months viable.
Texas chainsaw was the weakest film out the 3 you named.. nightmare on elm street and Friday the 13th technically haven’t had a good movie since the 80s.. Friday the 13 part 6 and nightmare on elm street 4.. these franchise was making money when adult tix still were under $10.. less theatre releases compared to now, lower tix prices, no social media.. remember there’s no scream if there’s no elm street and Friday the 13th.. the original director of scream is nightmare on elm street late great Wes craven who made waves cause of nightmare on elm street.. what was the infamous opening scene in scream a question about Friday the 13th.. “the rules” they followed were of movies like elm street , Friday the 13th.. the virgin rule, terms you don’t say “I’ll be back”, etc.. scream is their baby.. built for the modern era late 90s til
Now.. been over 15 yrs since they tried a Friday the 13 flick same for nightmare on elm street
 
Nah....Let's test this damn super power to its limits!!

If you wrong you wrong... so were a dozen executives making 500k...

But if you RIGHT???!! WOOOOO BOY!!!

I think NO.

But it will do well as long as they bring back Queen Neve.

Without HER? Or bringing back Ortega or something?

Nope. I think this was a perfect storm situation
Can’t ask a question without any solid evidence to make a great guesstimating… if the trailer look garbage and the story sound trash than I expect it to make less, but if it has a lot of things going for it than the numbers will be high
 
Can’t ask a question without any solid evidence to make a great guesstimating… if the trailer look garbage and the story sound trash than I expect it to make less, but if it has a lot of things going for it than the numbers will be high

You scared

vladtv-side-eye.gif
 
The best thing about scream 7 and the last episode of stranger things is me realizing even more that moby had some bangers on this album

Scream 1 and scream 7


Stranger things black/ white couple almost death theme song
 
I will say no. Not saying it won't do well, but the disappointment from this one will hurt opening box office numbers.

More people are going to wait for reviews and word of mouth before going to see it.

You don't think they can pull the Okey done one more gen with the review embargo?

These people LOVE this franchise.

And all this Isreal v Palestine stuff didnt HURT. Might maybe coulda helped?
 
You don't think they can pull the Okey done one more gen with the review embargo?

These people LOVE this franchise.

And all this Isreal v Palestine stuff didnt HURT. Might maybe coulda helped?

Somewhat spoiler below


If they did the cult of Stu angle yes.. easily could’ve connect part 2, 3, 5, and 6 altogether.. the fact it’s Stu crib in part 5, the fact that the person who killed dewie was tall as shit and nice with cutting, the whole tv thing.. possibly hidden killers.. his moms.. it’s right there and they don’t utilize it

Saw 7 used the fan theory of the doctor

Mr glass used the fan theory that Bruce and the hoard father was on the same train
 
Last edited:
If they did the cult of Stu angle yes.. easily could’ve connect part 2, 3, 5, and 6 altogether.. the fact it’s Stu crib in part 5, the fact that the person who killed dewie was tall as shit and nice with cutting, the whole tv thing.. possibly hidden killers.. his moms.. it’s right there and they don’t utilize it

Is it too late now?
 
National tix price average1996 $4.42… 2026 $12.45

Every scream except 4 made 100 million worldwide

Scream 2 is the highest making film out the franchise

Scream 1, 2, and 6 are the only films to gross over 100 million domestically

Scream 1 and 2 the only scream films to make over 170 million worldwide

Biggest profit margin scream 1.. 15 million dollar budget grossed 173 million worldwide
 
You don't think they can pull the Okey done one more gen with the review embargo?

These people LOVE this franchise.

And all this Isreal v Palestine stuff didnt HURT. Might maybe coulda helped?
I would bet bringing back Sydney (especially after years of Neve saying "fuck you, pay me"), probably was the big selling point for 7.

They would have to do some series stunt casting and PR sone positive " leaks" to match 7's opening weekend.

In my opinion at least.
 
I would bet bringing back Sydney (especially after years of Neve saying "fuck you, pay me"), probably was the big selling point for 7.

They would have to do some series stunt casting and PR sone positive " leaks" to match 7's opening weekend.

In my opinion at least.



I watched most of this...

Before I say what I think? When you get a minute watch some of this and let me know what you get
 
Back
Top