UPDATE: Former State Attorney Marilyn Mosby found GUILTY in federal perjury trial

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Convicted on 3 counts, federally.
Probably no more than four years.
Mosby will be alright.

Hard to believe a Democratic President with a Dem Department of Justice.
With a Black male Attorney of the District would do all this.
For an inappropriate mortgage application.

Not misappropriation of public money or some PPP loan crap. :smh:

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Convicted on 3 counts, federally.
Probably no more than four years.
Mosby will be alright.

Hard to believe a Democratic President with a Dem Department of Justice.
With a Black male Attorney of the District would do all this.
For an inappropriate mortgage application.

Not misappropriation of public money or some PPP loan crap. :smh:
It's really not that hard to believe, maybe she just lied, as the jury said 3 times. The US Attorney for Maryland is as solid of a brotha as you are gonna get. The Judge is from Baltimore and she is as down as 4 flats. Mosby's paid lawyer was a good brotha. Nick Mosby is solid. At the end of the day, Marilyn threw everybody under the bus except the person in the mirror. I feel bad for her family, she put everyone through this bullshit for years. I suspect she's gonna get 18 months total. At the end of the day, fuck an election, fuck a job, fuck building generational wealth, just go home to your family and call it a win. All of this over some shitty ass property in Florida. 40 plus year old divorcee with two daughters, soon to be disbarred, convicted felon....geezus christ...

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's really not that hard to believe, maybe she just lied, as the jury said 3 times. The US Attorney for Maryland is as solid of a brotha as you are gonna get. The Judge is from Baltimore and she is as down as 4 flats. Mosby's paid lawyer was a good brotha. Nick Mosby is solid. At the end of the day, Marilyn threw everybody under the bus except the person in the mirror. I feel bad for her family, she put everyone through this bullshit for years. I suspect she's gonna get 18 months total. At the end of the day, fuck an election, fuck a job, fuck building generational wealth, just go home to your family and call it a win. All of this over some shitty ass property in Florida. 40 plus year old divorcee with two daughters, soon to be disbarred, convicted felon....geezus christ...
That’s fucking right. I know Erek Barron and he is a solid dude. I forgot he was the attorney general for Maryland. He is an alum of George Washington University where I met him and his wife.

Yeah whatever she got she deserved.

Last edited:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Tell me what I’m missing? She got caught up in the law of probability.

"Federal prosecutors for the first time addressed Mosby’s allegations that Assistant U.S. Attorney Leo Wise, who is leading the prosecution, and former acting U.S. Attorney Stephen Schenning harbored racial and personal animus against her and that U.S. Attorney Erek Barron has allowed the prosecution to continue because of a personal vendetta he has against her."

"Mosby and Bolden have publicly assailed federal prosecutors as being biased against her and filing frivolous charges. Mosby said she was targeted because they don’t approve of her policies and claimed the indictment was meant to prevent her from being reelected."

"Wise donated $100 to Thiru Vignarajah and Ivan Bates, Mosby’s 2018 primary opponents, according to campaign finance records. Wise admits as much in Friday’s filings, but claims both candidates solicited the money. Vignarajah and Bates both submitted letters attached to the filing acknowledging they sought out Wise for the donations."

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
"Federal prosecutors for the first time addressed Mosby’s allegations that Assistant U.S. Attorney Leo Wise, who is leading the prosecution, and former acting U.S. Attorney Stephen Schenning harbored racial and personal animus against her and that U.S. Attorney Erek Barron has allowed the prosecution to continue because of a personal vendetta he has against her."

"Mosby and Bolden have publicly assailed federal prosecutors as being biased against her and filing frivolous charges. Mosby said she was targeted because they don’t approve of her policies and claimed the indictment was meant to prevent her from being reelected."

"Wise donated $100 to Thiru Vignarajah and Ivan Bates, Mosby’s 2018 primary opponents, according to campaign finance records. Wise admits as much in Friday’s filings, but claims both candidates solicited the money. Vignarajah and Bates both submitted letters attached to the filing acknowledging they sought out Wise for the donations."

The only reason I asked for you to tell me what I missed was because Karen broke this down a few months ago when they talked about it. Even though this does not warrant 40 years at the end of the day, she lied and got caught.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The only reason I asked for you to tell me what I missed was because Karen broke this down a few months ago when they talked about it. Even though this does not warrant 40 years at the end of the day, she lied and got caught.

This stinks to high heaven. I'm a fed and I know at least a dozen people (including myself) that took loans from our 401K during covid to pay shit off. If they send this woman up the river, I'm guessing hundreds of thousands will have to go as well.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She deserves to lose her career and serve prison time for claiming hardship and borrowing from her own 401k?

Naw I am not saying that and honestly I don't know enough about this entire case to speak on it...

I am commenting that I know Erek (not like he is my homeboy or anything) and it's been about 5 years since I seen him and his wife and he is a solid dude....Whatever she did, she broke a law that he probably couldn't have gotten her out of or whatever the case....

I've even met her husband who also seems solid when he spoke to our mentees during Covid about why he choose a career in politics vs. sticking to engineering which he went to school for....

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Naw I am not saying that and honestly I don't know enough about this entire case to speak on it...

I am commenting that I know Erek (not like he is my homeboy or anything) and it's been about 5 years since I seen him and his wife and he is a solid dude....Whatever she did, she broke a law that he probably couldn't have gotten her out of or whatever the case....

I've even met her husband who also seems solid when he spoke to our mentees during Covid about why he choose a career in politics vs. sticking to engineering which he went to school for....
Office politics on steroids. Young, Black, sassy, and successful will get you more than few professional haters. And she did herself no favors when she tried to prosecute dirty cops in Baltimore. Young lady is getting fucked over royally. The biggest crime is her facing actual incarceration over this bullshit.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
marilyn-mosby-1-14-22.jpg

Defendant Falsely Claimed to Have Experienced Financial “Hardship” Resulting from Coronavirus to Obtain Distributions from the City of Baltimore’s Deferred Compensation Plan

Greenbelt, Maryland – A federal jury today convicted Marilyn J. Mosby, age 42, of Baltimore, Maryland, on federal charges of perjury, relating to the withdrawal of funds from the City of Baltimore’s Deferred Compensation Plan claiming that she suffered adverse financial consequences during the COVID-19 pandemic when she was Baltimore City State’s Attorney.

The conviction was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Erek L. Barron; Special Agent in Charge Thomas J. Sobocinski of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Baltimore Field Office; and Special Agent in Charge Kareem A. Carter of the Internal Revenue Service - Criminal Investigation, Washington, D.C. Field Office.

U.S. Attorney Erek L. Barron said, “We respect the jury’s verdict and remain steadfastly committed to our mission to uphold the rule of law, keep our country safe, protect the civil rights of all Americans, and safeguard public property.”

According to the evidence presented at trial, on May 26, 2020 and December 29, 2020, Mosby submitted “457(b) Coronavirus-Related Distribution Requests” for one-time withdrawals of $40,000 and $50,000, respectively, from City of Baltimore’s Deferred Compensation Plan. Trial evidence proved that Mosby falsely certified that she met at least one of the qualifications for a distribution as defined under the CARES Act, specifically, that she experienced adverse financial consequences from the Coronavirus as a result of being quarantined, furloughed, or laid off; having reduced work hours; being unable to work due to lack of childcare; or the closing or reduction of hours of a business she owned or operated. In signing the forms, Mosby “affirm[ed] under penalties for perjury the statements and acknowledgments made in this request.” As proven at trial, Mosby did not experience any such financial hardships and in fact, Mosby received her full gross salary of $247,955.58 from January 1, 2020 through December 29, 2020, in bi-weekly gross pay direct deposits of $9,183.54.

Mosby faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison for each of the two counts of perjury. U.S. District Judge Lydia K. Griggsby has not yet scheduled sentencing.

In a separate pending federal case, Mosby also faces two counts of making false mortgage applications, relating to the purchases of two vacation homes in Florida. Those charges remain pending and a trial date has not been set. If convicted of those counts, the defendant faces a maximum of 30 years in federal prison for each of two remaining counts. Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after considering the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors. An indictment is not a finding of guilt. An individual charged by indictment is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty at some later criminal proceedings.

United States Attorney Erek L. Barron commended the FBI and IRS-CI for their work in the investigation and thanked the Baltimore City Office of the Inspector General for its assistance. Mr. Barron thanked Assistant U.S. Attorneys Sean R. Delaney and Aaron S.J. Zelinsky, who are prosecuting the federal case.

For more information on the Maryland U.S. Attorney’s Office, its priorities, and resources available to help the community, please visit www.justice.gov/usao-md and https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/community-outreach.

Last edited:

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Office politics on steroids. Young, Black, sassy, and successful will get you more than few professional haters. And she did herself no favors when she tried to prosecute dirty cops in Baltimore. Young lady is getting fucked over royally. The biggest crime is her facing actual incarceration over shit bullshit.
If they offer you a deal, take it. Don’t have two seperate Fed trials, spend $250k of the government’s money, mind you you don’t have homecourt advantage because you are in greenbelt. And then get all on TV talking shit to the USA. The lack of contrition will be a helluva factor in her sentencing report. I wish her the best, but she is making mistakes.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If they offer you a deal, take it. Don’t have two seperate Fed trials, spend $250k of the government’s money, mind you you don’t have homecourt advantage because you are in greenbelt. And then get all on TV talking shit to the USA. The lack of contrition will be a helluva factor in her sentencing report. I wish her the best, but she is making mistakes.
I dont disagree after the fact. The bigger issue is the charges being brought forth to begin with.

Do you know what they offered in initial plea deal?

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
marilyn-mosby-banner.png

Defendant Convicted on One Count of Making a False Mortgage Application and Previously Convicted on Two Counts of Perjury

Greenbelt, Maryland – A federal jury today convicted Marilyn J. Mosby, age 44, of Baltimore, Maryland, on the federal charge of making a false mortgage application when she was Baltimore City State’s Attorney, relating to the purchase of a condominium in Long Boat Key, Florida. The jury acquitted her of making a false mortgage application related to her purchase of a home in Kissimmee, Florida.

The conviction was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Erek L. Barron; Acting Special Agent in Charge R. Joseph Rothrock of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Baltimore Field Office; and Special Agent in Charge Kareem A. Carter of the Internal Revenue Service - Criminal Investigation, Washington, D.C. Field Office.

U.S. Attorney Erek L. Barron said, “We humbly respect the court’s considered rulings, opposing counsels’ zealous advocacy, and the wisdom of both jury verdicts in this case and we remain focused on our mission to uphold the rule of law.”

“Ms. Mosby’s conduct undermines the confidence the public deserves to have in their government officials," said Acting Special Agent in Charge R. Joseph Rothrock of the FBI's Baltimore Field Office. "The jury’s decision holds Ms. Mosby accountable for disregarding the laws she swore to uphold. The FBI works diligently to ensure that anyone who engages in fraud and corruption will be held accountable for their bad acts.”

According to the evidence presented at trial, in February 2021, Mosby made a false statement in an application for a $428,400 mortgage to purchase a condominium in Long Boat Key, Florida. As part of the application, Mosby falsely stated that she had received a $5,000 gift from her husband to be applied to the purchase of the property. According to the evidence presented at trial, Mosby made this statement in order to secure a lower interest rate. According to the evidence presented at trial, Mosby did not receive a $5,000 gift from her husband, but rather transferred $5,000 to him, and he then transferred the $5,000 back to her.

Mosby faces a maximum of 30 years in federal prison for making a false mortgage application.

On November 9, 2023, Mosby was previously convicted on two counts of perjury, relating to the withdrawal of funds from the City of Baltimore’s Deferred Compensation Plan claiming that she suffered adverse financial consequences during the COVID-19 pandemic while she was Baltimore City State’s Attorney. Mosby faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison for each of the two counts of perjury.

U.S. District Judge Lydia K. Griggsby has not yet scheduled a sentencing date in either of Mosby’s pending federal cases.

U.S. Attorney Erek L. Barron commended the FBI and IRS-CI agents for their work in the investigation and thanked the Baltimore City Office of the Inspector General for its assistance. Mr. Barron praised Assistant U.S. Attorneys Sean R. Delaney and Aaron S.J. Zelinsky, for their focus and hard work throughout the case.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Office politics on steroids. Young, Black, sassy, and successful will get you more than few professional haters. And she did herself no favors when she tried to prosecute dirty cops in Baltimore. Young lady is getting fucked over royally. The biggest crime is her facing actual incarceration over shit bullshit.

100% agree she is getting fucked over and at the end of the day I am willing to bet Erek is probably getting told what to do in this case vs. what he would want to do.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
She is divorced so you can be hitting that while her kids play in the other room, knowing she won't have that for awhile. Many of them use soap bars as masturbation aids or get turned out scissor grinding on another women.

A 401(k) hardship withdrawal for a home purchase is not an option. Hardship withdrawals are allowed for some financial emergencies like funeral costs or to prevent eviction or foreclosure. Buying a house is generally not considered a hardship withdrawal from a 401(k) plan.

Why is she not sounding remorseful which will just aggravate the judge during her sentencing. The funds matching her contribution come from the city which is deferred compensation for her retirment. They comingle so you don't know what is your contribution and what belongs to the city. As an attorney, these statements can be used against her at sentencing to show a lack of remorse. This early withdrawal throws the IRS off with assessing a 10% penaly tax, it was misclassified as C-19 distribution, they could lose billions of dollars in lost revenue.

As a victim of many of these fools, I am glad to see many of them getting locked up because they also cause immeasurable harm in the black community. Many of their actions lead to terrorism when they provide racial cover to white supremacists for financial gain. There are other retarded schemes such as IP theft and surveillance, black filth will engage in with white supremacists that will use their complicity to mask racial intent.

This is why the U.S. is braining draining people like me that don't want to deal with a Dr. Umar Johnson, Tariq Nasheed, Dr. Boyce Watkins, Tiffany Henyard, Dr. Yvette Carnell, Dr. Marc Lamont Hill, etc. that eagerly chase after you.

Last edited:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
In no specific order.

Conviction #1:
"According to the evidence presented at trial, in February 2021, Mosby made a false statement in an application for a $428,400 mortgage to purchase a condominium in Long Boat Key, Florida. As part of the application, Mosby falsely stated that she had received a $5,000 gift from her husband to be applied to the purchase of the property. According to the evidence presented at trial, Mosby made this statement in order to secure a lower interest rate. According to the evidence presented at trial, Mosby did not receive a $5,000 gift from her husband, but rather transferred $5,000 to him, and he then transferred the $5,000 back to her.

She told the jury she bought vacation homes in Florida for financial independence: She had never owned any property before—and with her marriage on the rocks—she thought it was a good idea.

But prosecutors said she lied on mortgage documents to get lower interest rates—not telling her lenders she had a tax lien and promising she would not rent out a home near Disney World—when she'd already signed a contract to do just that."

Mosby faces a maximum of 30 years in federal prison for making a false mortgage application."

Conviction #2:
"According to the evidence presented at trial, on May 26, 2020 and December 29, 2020, Mosby submitted “457(b) Coronavirus-Related Distribution Requests” for one-time withdrawals of $40,000 and $50,000, respectively, from City of Baltimore’s Deferred Compensation Plan. Trial evidence proved that Mosby falsely certified that she met at least one of the qualifications for a distribution as defined under the CARES Act, specifically, that she experienced adverse financial consequences from the Coronavirus as a result of being quarantined, furloughed, or laid off; having reduced work hours; being unable to work due to lack of childcare; or the closing or reduction of hours of a business she owned or operated. In signing the forms, Mosby “affirm[ed] under penalties for perjury the statements and acknowledgments made in this request.” As proven at trial, Mosby did not experience any such financial hardships and in fact, Mosby received her full gross salary of $247,955.58 from January 1, 2020 through December 29, 2020, in bi-weekly gross pay direct deposits of $9,183.54.

Mosby faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison for each of the two counts of perjury. U.S. District Judge Lydia K. Griggsby has not yet scheduled sentencing."

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I dont disagree after the fact. The bigger issue is the charges being brought forth to begin with.

Do you know what they offered in initial plea deal?
I can’t speak on that. Not to say I have any inside info. She just keeps doubling down on the bullshit. Everyone is at fault but her.

Last edited:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
In no specific order.

Conviction #1:
"According to the evidence presented at trial, in February 2021, Mosby made a false statement in an application for a $428,400 mortgage to purchase a condominium in Long Boat Key, Florida. As part of the application, Mosby falsely stated that she had received a $5,000 gift from her husband to be applied to the purchase of the property. According to the evidence presented at trial, Mosby made this statement in order to secure a lower interest rate. According to the evidence presented at trial, Mosby did not receive a $5,000 gift from her husband, but rather transferred $5,000 to him, and he then transferred the $5,000 back to her.

She told the jury she bought vacation homes in Florida for financial independence: She had never owned any property before—and with her marriage on the rocks—she thought it was a good idea.

But prosecutors said she lied on mortgage documents to get lower interest rates—not telling her lenders she had a tax lien and promising she would not rent out a home near Disney World—when she'd already signed a contract to do just that."

Mosby faces a maximum of 30 years in federal prison for making a false mortgage application."

Conviction #2:
"According to the evidence presented at trial, on May 26, 2020 and December 29, 2020, Mosby submitted “457(b) Coronavirus-Related Distribution Requests” for one-time withdrawals of $40,000 and $50,000, respectively, from City of Baltimore’s Deferred Compensation Plan. Trial evidence proved that Mosby falsely certified that she met at least one of the qualifications for a distribution as defined under the CARES Act, specifically, that she experienced adverse financial consequences from the Coronavirus as a result of being quarantined, furloughed, or laid off; having reduced work hours; being unable to work due to lack of childcare; or the closing or reduction of hours of a business she owned or operated. In signing the forms, Mosby “affirm[ed] under penalties for perjury the statements and acknowledgments made in this request.” As proven at trial, Mosby did not experience any such financial hardships and in fact, Mosby received her full gross salary of $247,955.58 from January 1, 2020 through December 29, 2020, in bi-weekly gross pay direct deposits of $9,183.54.

Mosby faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison for each of the two counts of perjury. U.S. District Judge Lydia K. Griggsby has not yet scheduled sentencing."

This is the type of shit Trump and his accountants are accused of doing on a much larger scale in New York State and yet the accountant got a slap on the wrist Trump got a financial judgement but no jail time. :angry: :smh:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Mosby testified she was aware of the unpaid taxes when she submitted the first loan application in July 2020 but thought her husband was making timely payments on an installment plan with the IRS. Mosby’s public defenders argued that she was a home-buying “novice” who was misled by her husband and mortgage broker. On the witness stand, Nick Mosby told the jury he spent years hiding the couple’s tax debts from Marilyn Mosby, who had threatened to leave him unless he sorted out his finance

“Throughout this entire process, I lied to her about everything being okay with the taxes,” Nick Mosby testified.

But jurors did not find that the other statements, including statements on mortgage applications indicating she had no tax debt, were criminal. The IRS mailed dozens of unpaid-tax notices to the couple’s Baltimore home over five years, according to an expert testifying at trial. Delaney mocked the idea that Nick Mosby would “stand by the mailbox, like Harry Potter,” intercepting and secreting all that mail before his wife could see it.

Prosecutors also alleged that Marilyn Mosby signed a “second home rider” on the Kissimmee property — which had eight bedrooms, six bathrooms and a pool — that allowed her to obtain a lower mortgage rate. But that boon was contingent on a promise that Mosby would use the property primarily as a second home. Instead, Mosby hired a property management company, Executive Villas, to rent the home when she wasn’t there, and had to book her own stays through that company, according to a contract she signed.
Mosby testified that she “did not read every single document” she signed in September 2020 when she closed on the Kissimmee home and that she did not recall specifically signing the second home rider. Grace said Mosby rented out the property, “as she believed she was able and allowed to do.”

@Sango

Last edited: