TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

warriors-feat.jpg

Ripley.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished season 2 of Tokyo Vice yesterday.

Very good season.

As I've mentioned on the board in recent months ... what works really well for the show is the assortment of characters, and the shorter nature of the scenes & moving plot points / storylines along. They trim the fat and there's minimal filler material or extended scenes that take way too long. A good amount of character development showing peoples' personal / working lives.

Definitely recommend the show.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Undefeated

6 years older than me, and definitely a celebrity crush, as she was for many.

One of the all-time fine TV babes. Her and Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle) especially.

Hell ... even Elizabeth Berkley (Jesse Spano) came correct with her lean sexy look in Showgirls years later.

As for Lark ... to me she was at her best below with Keenan, and I wish her the best with her ongoing mental health ...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
6 years older than me, and definitely a celebrity crush, as she was for many.

One of the all-time fine TV babes. Her and Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle) especially.

Hell ... even Elizabeth Berkley (Jesse Spano) came correct with her lean sexy look in Showgirls years later.

As for Lark ... to me she was at her best below with Keenan, and I wish her the best with her ongoing mental health ...

Damn right

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Enjoyed the pilot as well.

Good job setting up character development and world-building.

Almost didn't recognize Skeet Ulrich as well. Different hairstyle and looks like he bulked up with some muscle mass for the role. Good actor - have enjoyed his work in Fargo, True Detective, Godless, etc.

Giancarlo Esposito ... always great!
Episode 2 :eek2:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Day 5

6/10

I had stumbled on this series on IFC back around 2018. I only saw a few episodes before IFC quit showing it.

I stumbled upon it a few months ago lurking around tubi. I been watching about an episode a week since New Years and finished up last night on tubi.

The premise is interesting and keeps you glued to the screen watching how the characters deal with not getting any sleep. The series takes place over a period of 7 days. It is told humans have 14 days before total collapse, with this told the series could have went for 4 or possibly 5 seasons to conclude the story.

I looked into it and found out it originally was a Web Series. It only lasted for 2 seasons before getting cancelled. Season 1 has 6 episodes and Season 2 has 8.

By the end of season 2 majority of the storylines had been closed and it was setup to go into a season 3. You can watch it as a limited series. The main subject on who kicked in the insomnia is not answered, but clues are given it was either man made or a natural phenomena.

Synopsis

After a two-day drug binge, addict Jake awakes and ventures out into the quiet streets, unaware that most of the world has died in their beds. He teams up with a scrappy teenager, overnight doctor and red-eye pilot to search for answers.

MV5BN2FmNzJjMDktODJmMS00ODk5LTg4MGUtZWEyNGVmYmY0NGZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDE4MzA0NQ@@._V1_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

That Nelson mofo lost his battle.

Disney Shareholders Officially Reject Nelson Peltz’s Board Bid in Big Win for CEO Bob Iger

It’s official: Disney shareholders shot down activist investor Nelson Peltz‘s effort to win seats on the Mouse House’s board of directors. Investors voted to reelect all 12 of the company-backed board members, including CEO Bob Iger, ending the most expensive corporate proxy fight in history.

By Todd Spangler
April 3, 2024

Disney-CEO-Bob-Iger-Trian-Nelson-Peltz.jpg

Disney CEO Bob Iger and Nelson Peltz

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sugar

Colin Farrell is great as private investigator John Sugar trying to find Olivia Siegel, the beloved granddaughter of Hollywood producer. I'm enjoying how stylish the show is ,the classic voice over of the Detective,and nods to classic films. Plus the character Sugar is very likeable. Some parts of the show are clichéd but the good is definitely outweighing the bad for the most part.

Ripley

I'm four episodes in but I still think 2003's Ripleys Game starring John Malkovich is still the best adaptation of a Tom Ripley story. Not that this series isn't good so far. It's closer to the book and the Italian film Purple Noon . This has that cold feel and definitely leans into the psychopath scammer Ripley is. It is detailed and then some and sometimes plays like a silent film as Ripley responds to near misses of being caught or knowing when he has to make a move. Andrew Scott portrays Ripley really well.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

justified-feat1.jpg

If this person thinks JUSTIFIED is under appreciated they need to move abandon they family and make new friends

Last edited:

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That Nelson mofo lost his battle.

Disney Shareholders Officially Reject Nelson Peltz’s Board Bid in Big Win for CEO Bob Iger

It’s official: Disney shareholders shot down activist investor Nelson Peltz‘s effort to win seats on the Mouse House’s board of directors. Investors voted to reelect all 12 of the company-backed board members, including CEO Bob Iger, ending the most expensive corporate proxy fight in history.

By Todd Spangler
April 3, 2024

Disney-CEO-Bob-Iger-Trian-Nelson-Peltz.jpg

Disney CEO Bob Iger and Nelson Peltz
Investors about to go Stewie on Disney's Brian ass!

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
PARISH

Giancarlo Esposito is turning in another great performance as a driver haunted by loss and finds himself painted into a corner financially so he accepts the role as a driver for a local gangster.
I almost didnt recognize Skeet Ulrich and it's great to see Paula Malcomson in a series again.Even though it's a bit cliched it's going to be interesting to watch just how much trouble Parish gets into
Last night's episode was good...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

What’s the verdict on this series?

My cable box just updated showing it has a 2nd season that just premiered.

Beacon 23

In the farthest reaches of the Milky Way, a government agent and a stoic ex-military man find themselves trapped inside a beacon that serves as a lighthouse for intergalactic travellers.
MV5BYjNkOGI5ZTAtYTViMy00MGE5LThjMmItZGFjYTc0YWQwMDRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg