POWER Book all seasons discussion thread (Power Book II: Ghost canceled )

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
He is stretching it, let's just be honest, especially considering they canceled the Tate spin-off which would have gone into politics, which could have been quite interesting

If I were over the power universe, Ghost dies, Tasha goes into witsec, jail or dies and Tariq goes to college and that's the end of the St. Patrick's story

I'd just go back to 1990 and show Kanan's origin and let that lead into Ghost and Tommy's origin.

Maybe I'd still do the Chicago story

Last edited:

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is stretching it, let's just be honest, especially considering they canceled the Tate spin-off which would have gone into politics, which could have been quite interesting

If I were over the power universe, Ghost dies, Tasha goes into witsec, jail or dies and Tariq goes to college and that's the end of the St. Patrick's story

I'd just go back to 1990 and show Kanan's origin and let that lead into Ghost and Tommy's origin.

Maybe I'd still do the Chicago story
I really wanted to see the Tate story origin.

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He needs to improve the shows he has now

because all of them are turning to shit, even BMF

but this goes along with

Candid. Good insight for the bgol creatives who might consider creating stories that are built to work within these 2-3 season SERIES runs bounds. Especially with STARZ being the premium “black” option.
Could see a flood of next gen tv/filmmakers submitting first and foremost to STARZ

Most of us viewers just want QUALITY shit to watch - 2/3 seasons is plenty so long as we can count on plenty of stories all with that same basic level of quality for the full series run

Thanks for sharing

tanks1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I said he should do a young Ghost and Tommy..............this could be good. Won't it be around the 80's/90's like the other show?

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

but this goes along with

Yep, some of these shows are about to get cancelled!!..Also, money is going to get tight over there with Starz...Starz and Loinsgate are splitting up!!..

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
Damn, I'm powered out first ghost..........stories almost the same now....I'm at the ending season of Raising Kanan then will switch over to see what's Tommy up to.....damn, Roc married to a white dude in real life...lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
This is why, if I was were running the show, I would have immediately gone with the Kanan prequel and built to Ghost and Tommy

Honestly, I didn't see this shit going 6 seasons anyways.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This sounds like some BS!!...I think he knew that show was going to get cancelled!!...PR Stunt!!..

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

but this goes along with

Candid. Good insight for the bgol creatives who might consider creating stories that are built to work within these 2-3 season SERIES runs bounds. Especially with STARZ being the premium “black” option.
Could see a flood of next gen tv/filmmakers submitting first and foremost to STARZ

Most of us viewers just want QUALITY shit to watch - 2/3 seasons is plenty so long as we can count on plenty of stories all with that same basic level of quality for the full series run

Thanks for sharing

Yep, some of these shows are about to get cancelled!!..Also, money is going to get tight over there with Starz...Starz and Loinsgate are splitting up!!..

Yeah this shit ran it's course through...

And the Tommy show is pointless...

Should have combined Tommy and Ghost and did the politics with Tate and Method Man separate...

This is why, if I was were running the show, I would have immediately gone with the Kanan prequel and built to Ghost and Tommy

Honestly, I didn't see this shit going 6 seasons anyways.

if ya'll read what that network exec said...he said in a nutshell the show got cancelled NOT because the qaulity went down or viewership declined...but because of the success and high ratings thru 3 seasons they would be inclined to HAVE TO PAY PEOPLE MORE MONEY FOR EACH SUBSEQUENT SEASON AFTER THE 3RD!

now imagine HBO cancelling The Sopranos after 4 seasons even tho the show is at a ratings high and winning umpteen emmys??

How about NBC cancelling Friends in season 4??

The Big Band Theory etc.. In fact when have you heard of a white cast show getting cancelled even tho the ratings were high solely because NOW they have to pay people what theyre valued is worth??