Marvel Ant-Man & Wasp Official Movie Discussion Thread Update: Quantumania SPOILER REVIEWS!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
hollywood lesbians are crazy...

example of females in need of semen therapy

Good gawd man

I Man? Kevy Kev?

Vicious just playing.

Any and all future positions that we may hold at Disney Marvel will be structured with an empathetic open and all inclusive mindset. We consider ourselves sympathetic to the LGBTQ+ community and are supportive of their struggles.

Vicious was crudely expressing that all groups would benefit from alternative voices. The term "crazy" is obviously inappropriate but please understand from our urban background this term has a very different definition and connotation that those from a more privileged background would not be as familiar with.

While we encourage and support all forms of inclusivity to traditionally lowly represented groups, we strongly belive that diversity of voice and vision is a key to not only success but a better more harmonious society. Something we know is important to your company.

Thank you for your understanding.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Good gawd man

I Man? Kevy Kev?

Vicious just playing.

Any and all future positions that we may hold at Disney Marvel will be structured with an empathetic open and all inclusive mindset. We consider ourselves sympathetic to the LGBTQ+ community and are supportive of their struggles.

Vicious was crudely expressing that all groups would benefit from alternative voices. The term "crazy" is obviously inappropriate but please understand from our urban background this term has a very different definition and connotation that those from a more privileged background would not be as familiar with.

While we encourage and support all forms of inclusivity to traditionally lowly represented groups, we strongly belive that diversity of voice and vision is a key to not only success but a better more harmonious society. Something we know is important to your company.

Thank you for your understanding.

@ViCiouS

Bro out here trying to f*ck up the bag.

What you DOING!?!

You SEE the deals they still giving out bro?

Don't you block our blessings

#rainbow vicious

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Finally watched :smh: felt like a bad episode of Rick and Morty... Turns out it was written by a writer of bad episodes of Rick and Morty.

rick-and-morty-fuck-you.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I noticed something though...

For all its many flaws?

Still cracked 475 million

And GOG 3 going for a billion.

How the last couple of DC films doing?

But but but but Marvel failing?

Yeah okay.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

5/10

When I saw the trailer, I was amped up to take my Ass to the theater to watch it.

Unfortunately, freight been slow so I was out on the road and mainly came home to reset my clock and restock, catch up on shit for the short times I was home.

So I just did not have the time to get to the theater.

My two sons are not really interested in these superhero films like majority of young people their age, they had no interest in going to the theater to see it.

So we watched it together last night on Disney+ for the first time while eating dinner. I was excited to see it and looking forward to it based on the trailer.

Not going to get into details. But I was highly disappointed in it. Earlier in the day I had watched a film called “DEFCON 4” that came out in 1985 that I reviewed yesterday in the movie thread. Halfway thru this film they basically ripped off the plot that kicked in halfway of DEFCON to end Ant-Man. It was like I was watching a Fucking reboot of DEFCON 4.

I know folks have routinely said that the writing sucks. I don’t agree with it but recently I been going thru a throwback film binge in films and I’m slowly noticing that a lot of old material from various genres is getting rehashed for current material. It should not be a surprise with these major studios like Disney, Warner Bros, SONY, Paramount over the past 30+ years swallowing up all those old studio production companies and acquiring their catalogues.

Lots of folks today will tell you that Episode 4 of Star Wars is just a rehash of a few classic westerns from the 1950s. Even George Lucas admitted he stole shit from the old Flash Gordon serials.

Anyway…MODOK was a big disappointment. He always was a B-List villain and came off silly in the comics. The MCU could have rebooted his image but obviously decided to clown him. He would have fit better in She-Hulk since they went that route.

The only highlight I liked was Kang at the end going against everyone by himself and showing how strong and capable he is. This gave us a preview of how he is going to go against the Avengers in the next Avengers film. In comics he is in a small group of villains that can go Force-On-Force solo against the Avengers. So seeing him like that gives hope for that film.

Overall, I will say this was nowhere near the best MCU, they dropped the ball with a good opportunity to display Kang. But being all these projects are connected and Kang will be reappearing in other variants in upcoming projects, I will give MCU the benefit of the doubt…for now.

It’s an entertaining film, but falls in the category of “You See It Once And Have No Interest In Seeing It Again”.

MV5BODZhNzlmOGItMWUyYS00Y2Q5LWFlNzMtM2I2NDFkM2ZkYmE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU5OTA4NTIz._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor

It's encouraging that Oppenheimer, a biopic, did this well. They've been doing pretty well for the last few years too since The Crying Game and The Theory of Everything were also successful.

Hollywood needs to take notice, make more, and branch out into non-white biopics as well. Honestly haven't seen a good biopic about a Black person since Ray.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's encouraging that Oppenheimer, a biopic, did this well. They've been doing pretty well for the last few years too since The Crying Game and The Theory of Everything were also successful.

Hollywood needs to take notice, make more, and branch out into non-white biopics as well. Honestly haven't seen a good biopic about a Black person since Ray.

Yup

They HAVE been making them fairly regularly with varying degrees of success

Whitney Aretha Chevalier and we should and could include new edition and Bobby brown on BET.

Like with anything we gotta accept that EVERYTHING will not be a home run.

But their are some EXCELLENT black icons that Hollywood is just ignoring.

Who specifically you thinking about?

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

They've had good biopics since Ray

and it did well because they have been marketing it for over a year

and it's Christopher Nolan

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

5/10

When I saw the trailer, I was amped up to take my Ass to the theater to watch it.

Unfortunately, freight been slow so I was out on the road and mainly came home to reset my clock and restock, catch up on shit for the short times I was home.

So I just did not have the time to get to the theater.

My two sons are not really interested in these superhero films like majority of young people their age, they had no interest in going to the theater to see it.

So we watched it together last night on Disney+ for the first time while eating dinner. I was excited to see it and looking forward to it based on the trailer.

Not going to get into details. But I was highly disappointed in it. Earlier in the day I had watched a film called “DEFCON 4” that came out in 1985 that I reviewed yesterday in the movie thread. Halfway thru this film they basically ripped off the plot that kicked in halfway of DEFCON to end Ant-Man. It was like I was watching a Fucking reboot of DEFCON 4.

I know folks have routinely said that the writing sucks. I don’t agree with it but recently I been going thru a throwback film binge in films and I’m slowly noticing that a lot of old material from various genres is getting rehashed for current material. It should not be a surprise with these major studios like Disney, Warner Bros, SONY, Paramount over the past 30+ years swallowing up all those old studio production companies and acquiring their catalogues.

Lots of folks today will tell you that Episode 4 of Star Wars is just a rehash of a few classic westerns from the 1950s. Even George Lucas admitted he stole shit from the old Flash Gordon serials.

Anyway…MODOK was a big disappointment. He always was a B-List villain and came off silly in the comics. The MCU could have rebooted his image but obviously decided to clown him. He would have fit better in She-Hulk since they went that route.

The only highlight I liked was Kang at the end going against everyone by himself and showing how strong and capable he is. This gave us a preview of how he is going to go against the Avengers in the next Avengers film. In comics he is in a small group of villains that can go Force-On-Force solo against the Avengers. So seeing him like that gives hope for that film.

Overall, I will say this was nowhere near the best MCU, they dropped the ball with a good opportunity to display Kang. But being all these projects are connected and Kang will be reappearing in other variants in upcoming projects, I will give MCU the benefit of the doubt…for now.

It’s an entertaining film, but falls in the category of “You See It Once And Have No Interest In Seeing It Again”.

MV5BODZhNzlmOGItMWUyYS00Y2Q5LWFlNzMtM2I2NDFkM2ZkYmE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU5OTA4NTIz._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
More like a rehash of Akira Kurasawa's Seven Samurai. The Magnificent Seven also borrowed from the same Kurasawa film which is why many believe Star Wars is based on a western film.

Anyway, rehashes and remakes are nothing new. Decades ago they used famous novels and biblical stories and now they use other films.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Wow, surprised to see Oppenheimer up there.
No, still haven't seen it yet
But a three hour movie, above MI7 (which i did see and was good)
From what I'm told its very little action. And last hour is all court room drama

Was it Florence Pugh's titties?

And good for Barbie and Margot Robbie
Didn't look good from the trailer but glad it's doing well

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
From what I'm told its very little action. And last hour is all court room drama

It's Nolan first and foremost

So he has a trust with the critics and the audience

All star cast

Practical effects

Trailer was outstanding

And the grown folks needed a movie a drama something serious. No action needed.

And releasing it in 2 versions was slick people are going back to see it just to be able to compare 35mm to 70mm

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Yup

They HAVE been making them fairly regularly with varying degrees of success

Whitney Aretha Chevalier and we should and could include new edition and Bobby brown on BET.

Like with anything we gotta accept that EVERYTHING will not be a home run.

But their are some EXCELLENT black icons that Hollywood is just ignoring.

Who specifically you thinking about?
Some jazz icons like Thelonious Monk, Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane would be nice. So far there have only been two made, one about Charlie Parker and one about Miles Davis made decades apart. Some early rock icons like Chuck Berry should have a biopic too.

Not to mention Black scientists and engineers. Hidden Figures should've been a start of that but I haven't seen anything like it on the big screen since
They've had good biopics since Ray

and it did well because they have been marketing it for over a year

and it's Christopher Nolan
Name one. I haven't seen Aretha unfortunately but the James Brown biopic with Chadwick wasn't that good.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Some jazz icons like Thelonious Monk, Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane would be nice. So far there have only been two made, one about Charlie Parker and one about Miles Davis made decades apart. Some early rock icons like Chuck Berry should have a biopic too.

Not to mention Black scientists and engineers. Hidden Figures should've been a start of that but I haven't seen anything like it on the big screen since

Name one. I haven't seen Aretha unfortunately but the James Brown biopic with Chadwick wasn't that good.

How DARE you sir

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

And good for Barbie and Margot Robbie
Didn't look good from the trailer but glad it's doing well
Considering she shows those in nearly every R rated film she's in, I doubt it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

but that's the thing

they HAVE been releasing black biopic steadily

Quality is an entirely different conversion

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
I will not have any Chadwick slander

No way no how not even tangentially
TBH, it was probably the writing rather than Chadwick than ruined that film. I read he worked hard as hell to master James Brown's voice, mannerisms and dancing style. Chadwick was likely the hardest working man in Hollywood with the possible exception of Christian Bale.