{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On multiple occasions I saw him 10 feet away from the basket unable to finish. He doesn’t have a soft touch around the basket. Poor footwork. No post moves.

He is clearly out of position. But that ain’t even his fault. It’s just how the team is built. So to his credit, he’s doing the best he can in a position where he doesn’t have the offensive skills to be successful in. He’d be much better if the Heat had a true center.
Or work with a real big to learn those moves. Lonzo is there, Udonis is there......not sure why they would need to bring in someone else, but it's obvious they need him to work with someone if they're gonna keep the team dynamic this way

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Whew!

I stayed out of this thread because I did not want to jinx the outcome (Yes, I had a smigget of superstition). But I am glad the Heat pulled it off.

My whole Memorial Day weekedend was off because of the Game 6 loss. I was gutted. If they would have lost it would have not only meant the Heat going down in the history books in infamy, but it would have been a huge tarnish on the career Coach Spo and the legacy of Pat Riley. That type of asterisk on their record would have been blaring neon green.

With all that said.........LET'S GO HEAT!!!

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

I guess,the people that like to use analytics in their arguments can shut the fuck up now but I doubt it.

I think of analytics as a way of explaining what happens... Points/rebounds/assists rankings aren't exactly nerd shit. How else are we supposed to measure teams against each other?

Also, it isn't just stats but the right stats-- Like the selection here totally ignores defense. There have to be areas where the Heat weren't complete ass all year.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think of analytics as a way of explaining what happens... Points/rebounds/assists rankings aren't exactly nerd shit. How else are we supposed to measure teams against each other?

Also, it isn't just stats but the right stats-- Like the selection here totally ignores defense. There have to be areas where the Heat weren't complete ass all year.
One stat that isn't here is the Heat played more "clutch" games (games within 5 points with less than 5 min) than any other team this year.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s a good image. It’s not just him though. This is many players in the league.

How many times have we seen player not get a call, and instead running back on defense they whining while a 4 on 5 is happening? Usually resulting in a layup or open three pointer.
Nigga was just out there on the court snitchin instead of playing defense.
Eric Lewis wasnt there to help em this time....

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Or work with a real big to learn those moves. Lonzo is there, Udonis is there......not sure why they would need to bring in someone else, but it's obvious they need him to work with someone if they're gonna keep the team dynamic this way

In those types of moments, deep in the playoffs, it’s almost you either got it or you don’t got it.

I remember when Dwight Howard struggled deep in the playoffs because he lacked post moves. No matter how hard he worked with legendary big men, when the game got stressing, he’d revert back to old habits.

But I think he can improve his offensive game. He just seem so uncertain on how he should score at times. He needs something he can rely on.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

They really need to clean this shit up

It's going to trickle down to high school and rec league basketball

all the flopping and complaining is really annoying to watch

They need to add another ref on the court just so that the complaining doesn't interfere with them seeing the on court action

Nobodys

Bruh him and Schroeder are the worst at that shit. They’ll complain during the play instead of just playing. Dennis will literally look at the refs mid dribble looking for some shit. Smart obviously will complain instead of finishing the play. A lot of these players do it. At least finish the play before you complain.

I say T all they ass up. I remember Jamal thought he got fouled, missed the shot the Lakers heading down the court on a fast break and he turns AWAY from the action to flinch at the ref. Shit is annoying man

Yeah Shannon and Skip were talking about that this morning, Tatum and Brown were doing it all every play and while they were back complaining to the refs the Heat would be going up the court with a 5 on 4 advantage. I said before all that flopping and complaining makes alot of these games unwatchable, I don't know why the NBA doesn't put out a memo to every team to stop that complaining bs

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
One stat that isn't here is the Heat played more "clutch" games (games within 5 points with less than 5 min) than any other team this year.

Usually I take that as a sign of weakness. If you're winning a bunch of games Derrick White Shot Style, that luck usually runs out. (Especially in football-- The main thing I look at to see which teams are likely to jump from 3 wins to 13 or vice-versa is how solid those victories were because win/loss record is particularly deceiving with the small sample size of that sport.)

But, regardless, the key is to understand the value of a specific stat rather than take one stat as gospel or just dismiss all stats like a caveman.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

Fuck!

Everyone knew this was coming

aren't dudes kids going to be in charge now?
I don't think anybody knew this was coming... Last week, Draymond was commenting on media reports like a regular Joe Blow:

Green recently did on his podcast, "The Draymond Green Show," following The Athletic's Shams Charania reporting the Warriors are bracing for a separation with Myers. Green, who holds a player option worth over $27 million for next season, wrote on Instagram, "That sucks," and then said on his podcast, "To know that he may not be here, that sucks, that hurts, because I've appreciated going to work with him every day for the last 11 years. And the things that he's taught me.
As someone who wants to see the core stay together, I take this as bad news. He is universally regarded as having a great relationship with the players and pundits have suggested he could be more likely to get Klay to stay on a reasonable deal than a new person would be. Also, he appreciates what the core three have meant to the franchise-- Who knows what some new person will value.

Mike Dunleavey Jr is supposedly next in line...

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Fuck!

I don't think anybody knew this was coming... Last week, Draymond was commenting on media reports like a regular Joe Blow:

Green recently did on his podcast, "The Draymond Green Show," following The Athletic's Shams Charania reporting the Warriors are bracing for a separation with Myers. Green, who holds a player option worth over $27 million for next season, wrote on Instagram, "That sucks," and then said on his podcast, "To know that he may not be here, that sucks, that hurts, because I've appreciated going to work with him every day for the last 11 years. And the things that he's taught me.
As someone who wants to see the core stay together, I take this as bad news. He is universally regarded as having a great relationship with the players and pundits have suggested he could be more likely to get Klay to stay on a reasonable deal than a new person would be. Also, he appreciates what the core three have meant to the franchise-- Who knows what some new person will value.

Mike Dunleavey Jr is supposedly next in line...

I listen to several basketball pods. This wasn't a secret. It was only a matter of when it would be announced.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
I listen to several basketball pods. This wasn't a secret. It was only a matter of when it would be announced.

Where are you getting that from? I pay pretty close attention to Warriors chatter and I felt like there was a pretty strong consensus of "The Warriors have made a competitive offer, he's not likely to go anywhere else but who knows what's in his heart?" I never heard or saw anything close to conclusive.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On multiple occasions I saw him 10 feet away from the basket unable to finish. He doesn’t have a soft touch around the basket. Poor footwork. No post moves.

He is clearly out of position. But that ain’t even his fault. It’s just how the team is built. So to his credit, he’s doing the best he can in a position where he doesn’t have the offensive skills to be successful in. He’d be much better if the Heat had a true center.
Man, I been saying this since the start of the playoffs, His offense Is not very good. he's a decent clean up man. but anything that requires any type of jump shot/hook Is a dice roll with bam. He's like a slightly better version of Nick Claxton.
That’s a good image. It’s not just him though. This is many players in the league.

How many times have we seen player not get a call, and instead running back on defense they whining while a 4 on 5 is happening? Usually resulting in a layup or open three pointer.
Spencer Dinwiddie Is notorious for this shit. He even complains when shit goes his way :dunno: