Movie News: Will Smith first major film post-Oscars slap, Emancipation, earns praise at special screening UPDATE: Producer cacing

Yo.... the fact we STILL don't know our own history at every level is a tragedy

Especially as they CONTINUE to try to hide it and erase it.

I want someone to write a book and a documentary about how much Haiti effected the evolution of modern America.

From the revolution to New Orleans to Chicago and art and books and music and now this?

Even the book Frankenstein is based on Haiti.

They talking dependents of original slaves?

So what are Haitians in this country?
Man, I was thinking the exact same thing. I’m pissed at myself for not knowing anything about this story. I don’t like the fact that a white man made this movie. I know how many feel about slave movies but it’s the only way to shame these devils and put on display who they really are, while they are whitewashed the fuck out of history. We definitely need to focus on the triumphant stories more like this one.
 
Man, I was thinking the exact same thing. I’m pissed at myself for not knowing anything about this story. I don’t like the fact that a white man made this movie. I know how many feel about slave movies but it’s the only way to shame these devils and put on display who they really are, while they are whitewashed the fuck out of history. We definitely need to focus on the triumphant stories more like this one.

^^^^

And that white man suspect as f*ck
 
Man, I was thinking the exact same thing. I’m pissed at myself for not knowing anything about this story. I don’t like the fact that a white man made this movie. I know how many feel about slave movies but it’s the only way to shame these devils and put on display who they really are, while they are whitewashed the fuck out of history. We definitely need to focus on the triumphant stories more like this one.

KABOOM
 
Man, I was thinking the exact same thing. I’m pissed at myself for not knowing anything about this story. I don’t like the fact that a white man made this movie. I know how many feel about slave movies but it’s the only way to shame these devils and put on display who they really are, while they are whitewashed the fuck out of history. We definitely need to focus on the triumphant stories more like this one.
They whitewash it so you have to buy both versions.

Maybe that’s why we were oral historians.
 
I can tell by his actions, he’s a piece of shit.
many are racist as fuck and think it’s normal bc they’ve been getting away for so long

I really really really want a Haitian Revolution epic film

But I would rather go without if it means men like him are going to HAVE to be involved somehow someway.
 
I really really really want a Haitian Revolution epic film

But I would rather go without if it means men like him are going to HAVE to be involved somehow someway.
Maaaaan. Short of dropping a nuke on it, white people have done everything they can to crush Haiti. It was the second democracy in the americas and the US still went way out of their way to subvert it. I think the french wanted to sell it to the US, but US politicians thought the slaves were already too far gone to get back under control. When they revolted, and overthrew their masters, the french made them buy their own liberation. They were only able to collect that money by using the US to help enforce those terms. After that they continued to mettle and manipulate that country by propping up one dictator after another with cash and armed interventions.
 
Back
Top