My upcoming film

Congrats man I missed this thread will sift through and give it a watch...
It's not out yet, had a big red carpet premiere for it in the city in September, now currently working on distribution to see what offers I can get on the table before taking other routes myself. But lots of great feedback from the people that came, it was bad rainy weather but 140 people pulled up, it was a good time. A few film distribution houses are currently reviewing it so I'll hopefully have some offers on the table in about a month
 
It's not out yet, had a big red carpet premiere for it in the city in September, now currently working on distribution to see what offers I can get on the table before taking other routes myself. But lots of great feedback from the people that came, it was bad rainy weather but 140 people pulled up, it was a good time. A few film distribution houses are currently reviewing it so I'll hopefully have some offers on the table in about a month
Is A24 one of the companies that are reviewing it? They have a good eye for independent films. I make it a point to try to watch anything they produce or distribute.
 
Is A24 one of the companies that are reviewing it? They have a good eye for independent films. I make it a point to try to watch anything they produce or distribute.
Nah, A24 doesn't take unsolicited submissions, it either gotta be submitted by an agency to them or have garnered attention at a major film festival that they have reps attending. But they were definitely one of the ones I was thinking of. The companies currently reviewing it are Submarine (They've distributed: Elton John Never Too Late, Martha, SuperSize Me, and many others), The Film Sales Company ( Night Catches Us, Lee Daniel's The Butler, Legacy, etc..), and I've submitted to about 6 others but those are the ones that have sent confirmations that the film is under review so far.
 
Nah, A24 doesn't take unsolicited submissions, it either gotta be submitted by an agency to them or have garnered attention at a major film festival that they have reps attending. But they were definitely one of the ones I was thinking of. The companies currently reviewing it are Submarine (They've distributed: Elton John Never Too Late, Martha, SuperSize Me, and many others), The Film Sales Company ( Night Catches Us, Lee Daniel's The Butler, Legacy, etc..), and I've submitted to about 6 others but those are the ones that have sent confirmations that the film is under review so far.
This taught me some stuff I didn't know. Thanks, fam. And congratulations on getting your project completed and out into the world. I'm going to keep an eye out for it.

By any chance do you know when it will be listed on IMDb?
 
Great, ghosts with their dicks out :roflmao:
We've already seen ghosts taking the pussy the hard way so it's not unexplored territory.
tumblr_obb871d0zq1s3qo6jo1_400.gif


Since I was inspired by Species, which was an erotic thriller sci-fi horror, I'm thinking of something along those lines.

Maybe it'll be about an alien who's disguised as a human and his goal is to impregnate as many women as possible to take over the Earth. He's basically breeding his own invasion force.
 
We've already seen ghosts taking the pussy the hard way so it's not unexplored territory.
tumblr_obb871d0zq1s3qo6jo1_400.gif


Since I was inspired by Species, which was an erotic thriller sci-fi horror, I'm thinking of something along those lines.

Maybe it'll be about an alien who's disguised as a human and his goal is to impregnate as many women as possible to take over the Earth. He's basically breeding his own invasion force.
Forgot all about Species, that was a good flick back then
 
We've already seen ghosts taking the pussy the hard way so it's not unexplored territory.
tumblr_obb871d0zq1s3qo6jo1_400.gif


Since I was inspired by Species, which was an erotic thriller sci-fi horror, I'm thinking of something along those lines.

Maybe it'll be about an alien who's disguised as a human and his goal is to impregnate as many women as possible to take over the Earth. He's basically breeding his own invasion force.
:lol:
 
We've already seen ghosts taking the pussy the hard way so it's not unexplored territory.
tumblr_obb871d0zq1s3qo6jo1_400.gif


Since I was inspired by Species, which was an erotic thriller sci-fi horror, I'm thinking of something along those lines.

Maybe it'll be about an alien who's disguised as a human and his goal is to impregnate as many women as possible to take over the Earth. He's basically breeding his own invasion force.

Well we almost had that...

latest
 
We've already seen ghosts taking the pussy the hard way so it's not unexplored territory.
tumblr_obb871d0zq1s3qo6jo1_400.gif


Since I was inspired by Species, which was an erotic thriller sci-fi horror, I'm thinking of something along those lines.

Maybe it'll be about an alien who's disguised as a human and his goal is to impregnate as many women as possible to take over the Earth. He's basically breeding his own invasion force.

The Entity is one of the best horror movies of its era that gets ignored yet so much of it has been stolen over the decades.
 
For those who may be interested in an update, I've secured distribution for my film. Definitely was a learning process doing this for the first time. But as with anything, politics/leverage gets you the better options. If your film has a major festival win (Tribeca, Sundance, etc...) or known actors, you get access to certain platforms, and if you don't? Then you're outta luck. I'm in the latter scenario, but I did hire a sales agent, and out of 30 distributors of different tiers, I got 3 offers. Went with the one that felt like they would do the best with my film. So I'm still in the delivery part of that process, getting them everything they need; which since I'm doing myself is very time consuming. When they give the official announcement I'll say which company it is. But they're currently creating the key art for the film. It'll likely have a release date within a month or two. Will be hitting TVOD platforms first with SVOD pitching, then AVOD after that.
 
Appreciate that I manage to get the movie 80% to where I wanted it. An extra 30k would've made it perfect in my eyes, but the private screening and the film festival screening all had good reviews so I'm looking forward to the public finally seeing it. The hope is that I do get a theater distribution deal, praying on it.
What happened with this? How did things work out for you?
 
I abhor Tyler Perry's movies. I'm team black people, I love all black, but his stuff is so lowbrow. He's waste of potential. His writing ideas are tried and tired and if you've seen five Tyler Perry movies you've seen everything he's capable of.

As a writer I don't like tropes. Tropes make a movie you haven't seen before something you've seen before.

In volume 2 of one of my novels it goes so dark that it both scares the guy and the woman he's trying to protect. It scares the guy because he's tapping into a darker side of him that he had believed was buried, and she's torn because while protecting her he showed her how scary he could be. The dichotomy of feelings the woman has makes you wonder what direction she's going to go because she doesn't even know.

I want people to walk away from my projects, while part of it may be something they've seen before, there is a turn, a twist that is natural but unexpected. By natural, I mean it's organic. I'm not just having acorns or something crazy fall out the sky just because or some dumb shit like that.
 
I abhor Tyler Perry's movies. I'm team black people, I love all black, but his stuff is so lowbrow. He's waste of potential. His writing ideas are tried and tired and if you've seen five Tyler Perry movies you've seen everything he's capable of.

As a writer I don't like tropes. Tropes make a movie you haven't seen before something you've seen before.

In volume 2 of one of my novels it goes so dark that it both scares the guy and the woman he's trying to protect. It scares the guy because he's tapping into a darker side of him that he had believed was buried, and she's torn because while protecting her he showed her how scary he could be. The dichotomy of feelings the woman has makes you wonder what direction she's going to go because she doesn't even know.

I want people to walk away from my projects, while part of it may be something they've seen before, there is a turn, a twist that is natural but unexpected. By natural, I mean it's organic. I'm not just having acorns or something crazy fall out the sky just because or some dumb shit like that.
I'm interested in reading your work.
 
I'm interested in reading your work.
I'm heading home right now to hit the lab and complete the editing of the copy edit.

The copy editor said that while it is good, it's like a tree with several bushes and people walking through a path when it could be different types of trees with various leaf types, and birds and squirrels and birds nests and beehives in the tree, if that makes sense.

They said that would make it great. There is some AAVE that they believed I should change, but I'm not touching it, although I may add some context clues for the white people who might pick this up
 
What happened with this? How did things work out for you?
gave an update a few posts above this. Currently in the distribution phase. In addition to that, also learned about how the splits will work out. Unlikely that I make even half of what I spent on the film but I'm hoping that this will be one of those outlier experiences and we surpass expectations. Funny enough, I spoke to Two Lewis (Naturi Naughton's husband) and he was letting me know that even with the series he recently released which was and might still be number 1 on Starz, they weren't making back what they spent on it either and they have known actors involved. Hopefully that situation changed since I spoke to him about it prior to it's release but it's a rocky road for most until you strike gold it seems.
 
I'm heading home right now to hit the lab and complete the editing of the copy edit.

The copy editor said that while it is good, it's like a tree with several bushes and people walking through a path when it could be different types of trees with various leaf types, and birds and squirrels and birds nests and beehives in the tree, if that makes sense.

They said that would make it great. There is some AAVE that they believed I should change, but I'm not touching it, although I may add some context clues for the white people who might pick this up
So, he wants you to be Thomas Pynchon? You should tell him to ease up on the strained metaphors. lol
 
Finally got the release date. Will be out on TVOD platforms June 16th. The distributor will be pitching to SVOD platforms so hopefully we'll land some placements in that realm as well.

As I said last yr congrats on actually making it and putting it out there.. like I said it’s content so someway or another it was gonna make it on a platform..congrats and wish you even more success on this project and other future 1s
 
Update: My film is now out and available to watch on various platforms. If anyone would like to check out an independent coming-of-age drama rooted in the Bronx, check out the link below. And even if family movies are not your thing but you wanna support a brother who bet on himself to make something happen, buy or rent the film from one of the platforms on the link below. If you do check it out and enjoy it, please leave a review on the platform you viewed it on. More positive reviews = more exposure for the film. Appreciate any and all support!

Hero.jpg


Link: https://officialbutterflyfilm.com/where-to-watch/
 
Now im thinking of making my own Backrooms movie..quite a few large spaces here in Toronto that can be used,as well as areas in the PATH..

 
Now im thinking of making my own Backrooms movie..quite a few large spaces here in Toronto that can be used,as well as areas in the PATH..


If you got the time, money, and team to do it. Go for it. Horror/thriller are good genres that are easier to break into. My next film will be a horror film.
 
Back
Top