AMC/Regal/Cineworld Theaters may go bankrupt (CINEWORLD GOES DOWN!)

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know anything about AMC's financial status.
But this little "indie" film shows that people still love to go out to AMC theaters (or theaters in general) to be entertained...
Top-Gun-Maverick-May-2022.jpg

And with the success of last years "No Way Home", I'd say the theater experience is still the preferred method for many (if not most) movie watchers...:dunno:

And when this little gem comes to theaters later this year, I'm pretty sure brothers & sisters will flock to their local theaters to support it as well.
wk-e1648958945683.jpg

Hell; atfter the trailer dropped, you've already got e-militants here crying foul on anyone who bootlegs or firesticks this movie....
:dunno:

Last edited:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

London (CNN Business)The owner of Regal Cinemas is having a tough time its stock crashed as much as 80% Friday after reports that its parent company is preparing to file for bankruptcy.
British company Cineworld Group has spoken to lawyers at Kirkland & Ellis LLP to advise on the bankruptcy process in the United States and United Kingdom, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well here we go.
Expect crime to rise even more as malls close and teenagers are out of jobs.
They will be more package stealing and home break ins and id scams.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And DOWN GOES CINEWORLD!

New York (CNN Business)Cineworld Group — the world's second largest movie theater chain and owner of Regal Cinemas — said Wednesday that it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

And I'll keep saying this shit until I'm Blue from Black in Da Face.

The ONLY way all these theater chains are going to be able to save themselves is to give up the Multi-Plex model, improve Movie Presentation technology, and build larger format theaters. Make the movie-going experience SPECIAL again.

IMAX, Dolby Cinema, RPX, etc.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And I'll keep saying this shit until I'm Blue from Black in Da Face.

The ONLY way all these theater chains are going to be able to save themselves is to give up the Multi-Plex model, improve Movie Presentation technology, and build larger format theaters. Make the movie-going experience SPECIAL again.

IMAX, Dolby Cinema, RPX, etc.

Bring down prices especially on refreshments and people will flock to theaters. Plenty of whites and others don't care about public health and just want a return to normalcy.

National Cinema Day was a few days ago and 8 million people went to the movies due to 3.00 tickets.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I made this thread just under 2 years ago. They somewhat survived the pandemic but the recovery hasn't been enough. Old business models.that don't evolve get decimated.

Look at you now!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bring down prices especially on refreshments and people will flock to theaters. Plenty of whites and others don't care about public health and just want a return to normalcy.

National Cinema Day was a few days ago and 8 million people went to the movies due to 3.00 tickets.
Just push the $20-25 monthly membership pass they have that allows you to see up to 3 movies a week.. that’s 156 movies a yr if you utilize it to its fullest.. so $240-300 a yr for 156 movies.. that’s less than $2 a movie.. amc has one but it dosent get pushed and publicized enough.. when you break it down the way I just did it sounds like a steal especially to people that live in nyc and Cali where movies cost $14 or more per person

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just push the $20-25 monthly membership pass they have that allows you to see up to 3 movies a week.. that’s 156 movies a yr if you utilize it to its fullest.. so $240-300 a yr for 156 movies.. that’s less than $2 a movie.. amc has one but it dosent get pushed and publicized enough.. when you break it down the way I just did it sounds like a steal especially to people that live in nyc and Cali where movies cost $14 or more per person

Also Moviepass is returning. I'm on the first look waiting list although I won't be purchasing. I see everything at home for free now.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Email I got from Moviepass

We are proud to announce the first markets testing the MoviePass Beta App:

Chicago
Dallas
Kansas City

We are eager to provide extraordinary service to the over 750,000 movie fans who joined our waitlist. That’s why we’re using this BETA period to listen to your feedback and work out the kinks. Other markets will be launched as we continue to roll out based on continued interest and feedback.
Those on the MoviePass waitlist in these cities will receive further information on how the rollout will work in their city. Stay tuned as we announce new markets!
We’ll see you at the movies.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Also Moviepass is returning. I'm on the first look waiting list although I won't be purchasing. I see everything at home for free now.

Nice...
But hell i dont even go to thr movie that often.. movies round the house are like 10$ n 5 $ tuesdays... i like to take the wife just to have an outting...

Pimpslap Slim

The Villain
BGOL Investor

That's where they make the bulk of their money.
High ass snacks.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Family Feud: National CineMedia Sues Regal For Breach Of Contract, Says Theater Chain Is “Weaponizing” Chapter 11
By Jill Goldsmith
Jill Goldsmith
Co-Business Editor
More Stories By Jill
October 25, 2022 5:12pm
Regal CinemasGetty
National CineMedia is suing Regal Cinemas, one of its founding partners, for hiding behind Chapter 11 to cancel a longstanding and legally binding contract – a twist in the bankruptcy saga of Regal parent Cineworld.
Regal created National CineMedia with AMC and Cinemark in 2007 to provide in-theater advertising in and it still owns a big chunk of the company. In a motion for “rejection” filed Friday in Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, Cineworld said it needs a change. “A prudent exercise of business judgement” requires the chain to either extract better terms from National CineMedia, turn to another provider, or just take ad services in-house.

ADVERTISEMENT
SCROLL TO CONTINUE READING

RELATED STORY
'Glass Onion' To Receive UK Theatrical Release As Netflix Strikes Deal With Vue & Cineworld

National CineMedia sued for breach of contract, in the same court with the same judge overseeing the Cineworld bankruptcy, and asked for an immediate stay. Suit here.
Chapter 11 allows filers to shed, or reject, some financial obligations and contracts, that’s kind of the point, but steps must be greenlit. NCM insists the contract is not one that can be tossed out, and that Cineworld has started the process anyway, before approvals, one reason it says it filed the lawsuit. It claims Cineworld is already negotiating with rival Screenvision.
The parties’ 2007 agreement, renewed multiple times most recently in 2019, has an exclusivity provision, a non-competition provision, a non-negotiation clause and a confidentiality provision that are “critical to NCM’s business model and the basis of its capital structure,” the lawsuit said.
“Regal seemingly is not content to merely use Chapter 11 as a process for recapitalizing and restructuring its business following the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, but has now weaponized the Chapter 11 process by opportunistically using it as a sword to resell NCM’s exclusive advertising rights … to a competitor of NCM, or to conduct the advertising business in-house.”
The Cineworld/Regal rejection motion had argued that the best interest of the estate and the best way to maximize value would be to consider “all advertising options” — especially given the carnage Covid has wreaked on the exhibition industry. The NCM agreement “as currently structured, does not offer the Debtors sufficient flexibility to rationalize costs and maximize advertising revenue.”

ADVERTISEMENT
SCROLL TO CONTINUE READING

It also noted “significant concerns” about NCM’s balance sheet and current financial situation. “Rejecting a contract with a financially unstable counterparty will allow the Debtors to find a reliable solution, ensuring smooth operations of the Debtors’ go-forward advertising efforts.”
Cineworld, motion here, said it had been trying to negotiate new terms with NCM but talks were going slowly. It acknowledged that it filed the motion in the meantime “to set the table” for its ultimate rejection of the companies’ current relationship.

• Haha
Reactions: fu2

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

AMC and Zoom currently anticipate launching Zoom Rooms at AMC in up to 17 major U.S. markets sometime in 2023.

Upon launch, Zoom Rooms at AMC users will be able to easily book online, and in so doing can select their preferred theatres and meeting time. They will receive a three-hour block of time to virtually host their event across multiple markets at the selected theatres. AMC and Zoom will provide the necessary equipment for a fully functional Zoom Rooms experience, in the comfort of multiple movie theatres in multiple cities simultaneously. Typical auditorium sizes are expected to range between 75 and 150 seats, depending upon the theatre.

Additional services including food and beverage offerings, possible movie viewings, and concierge-style personalized handling of meeting needs will also be available at an added cost.

Last edited:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

New YorkCNN —

Regal Cinemas is closing 39 more movie theaters across the United States.

The decision comes four months after its parent company Cineworld filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy after the pandemic devastated the industry and public screenings.

In a filing this week, Cineworld said it is planning to reject leases for the 39 theaters beginning February 15, saving the company $22 million annually.

Cineworld is working with landlords to keep its other theaters open. Around 500 remain, after these closures and a previous round in September 2022 that shuttered 12 locations.

Regal Cinemas is the United States’ second-largest theater chain after AMC Theaters, which has 950 locations according to its website.

Tikahtnu Stadium 16 in Anchorage,

AlaskaMetro Point in Costa Mesa, California

Berkeley 7 in Berkeley, California

Parkway Plaza Stadium 18 and Imax in El Cajon, California

Escondido Stadium 16 and Imax in Escondido, California

Hemet Cinema 12 in Hemet, California

Sherman Oaks Galleria 16 in Los Angeles, California

Yorba Linda and Imax in Yorba Linda, California

Meadows Stadium 12 in Littleton, Colorado

SouthGlenn Stadium 14 in Centennial, Colorado

Shadowood 16 in Boca Raton, Florida

South Beach Stadium 18 and Imax in Miami, Florida

Keauhou Stadium 7 in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Bolingbrook Stadium 12 in Bolingbrook, Illinois

Round Lake Beach Stadium 18 in Round Lake Beach, Illinois

Fenway Stadium 13 and RPX in Boston, Massachusetts

Bowie Stadium 14 in Bowie, Maryland

Rockville Center Stadium 13 in Rockville, Maryland

Brunswick 10 in Brunswick, Maine

Beaver Creek Stadium 12 in Apex, North Carolina

Omaha Stadium 16 in Omaha, Nebraska

Concord 10 in Concord, New Hampshire

Hamilton Commons Stadium 14 in Landing, New Jersey

Pohatcong Stadium 12 in Phillipsburg, New Jersey

Santa Fe Stadium 14 in Santa Fe, New Mexico

Village Square Stadium 18 in Las Vegas, Nevada

Elmwood Center 16 in Buffalo, New York

Ithaca Mall Stadium 14 in Ithaca, New York
Cortlandt Town Center in Mohegan Lake, New York

Union Square Stadium 14 in New York, New York

Greece Ridge Stadium 12 in Rochester, New York

Transit Center Stadium 18 and Imax in Williamsville, New York

Last edited:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

New YorkCNN —

Regal Cinemas is closing 39 more movie theaters across the United States.

The decision comes four months after its parent company Cineworld filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy after the pandemic devastated the industry and public screenings.

In a filing this week, Cineworld said it is planning to reject leases for the 39 theaters beginning February 15, saving the company $22 million annually.

Cineworld is working with landlords to keep its other theaters open. Around 500 remain, after these closures and a previous round in September 2022 that shuttered 12 locations.

Regal Cinemas is the United States’ second-largest theater chain after AMC Theaters, which has 950 locations according to its website.

Tikahtnu Stadium 16 in Anchorage,

AlaskaMetro Point in Costa Mesa, California

Berkeley 7 in Berkeley, California

Parkway Plaza Stadium 18 and Imax in El Cajon, California

Escondido Stadium 16 and Imax in Escondido, California

Hemet Cinema 12 in Hemet, California

Sherman Oaks Galleria 16 in Los Angeles, California

Yorba Linda and Imax in Yorba Linda, California

Meadows Stadium 12 in Littleton, Colorado

SouthGlenn Stadium 14 in Centennial, Colorado

Shadowood 16 in Boca Raton, Florida

South Beach Stadium 18 and Imax in Miami, Florida

Keauhou Stadium 7 in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Bolingbrook Stadium 12 in Bolingbrook, Illinois

Round Lake Beach Stadium 18 in Round Lake Beach, Illinois

Fenway Stadium 13 and RPX in Boston, Massachusetts

Bowie Stadium 14 in Bowie, Maryland

Rockville Center Stadium 13 in Rockville, Maryland

Brunswick 10 in Brunswick, Maine

Beaver Creek Stadium 12 in Apex, North Carolina

Omaha Stadium 16 in Omaha, Nebraska

Concord 10 in Concord, New Hampshire

Hamilton Commons Stadium 14 in Landing, New Jersey

Pohatcong Stadium 12 in Phillipsburg, New Jersey

Santa Fe Stadium 14 in Santa Fe, New Mexico

Village Square Stadium 18 in Las Vegas, Nevada

Elmwood Center 16 in Buffalo, New York

Ithaca Mall Stadium 14 in Ithaca, New York
Cortlandt Town Center in Mohegan Lake, New York

Union Square Stadium 14 in New York, New York

Greece Ridge Stadium 12 in Rochester, New York

Transit Center Stadium 18 and Imax in Williamsville, New York

GOOD!

Union Square Stadium 14 is one of the WORST Designed Movie Theater Layouts in this City.
Whenever a group of My Co-workers ask Me to see a movie there (I work a block away).
I'm always like, "NOPE".
Then I go into a long-winded diatribe about why I hate that theater so much.

The AMC Magic Johnson Theater here in Harlem is No. 2 on my Movie Theater Shit list.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rent a seat,the movie is free but to enter you have to rent a seat and the movie is over you ain't got to go home but you have to get the hell outta here.

I said it before it was just a matter of time,people they would rather look at their phones,tablets,computer and home theaters .Like Block Buster,CD's,Roller blades.....nothing is forever.