TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Thanks. Listened to it this morning just before the AM commute.

How did you like that season finale?

Thought that scene with Cheese & the crew played out perfectly. Really well done. Well said. Someone was chopping onions at my house.

:thumbsup: :cheers:
have not watched s2 yet
I plan to marathon it this weekend

and -hearing great things about Andor - might start it next week

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
have not watched s2 yet
I plan to marathon it this weekend

and -hearing great things about Andor - might start it next week

Agreed. Been hearing those good Andor reviews too. Good non-spoiler recap from Chris and Andy there on The Watch.

You'll dig season 2 of Res' Dogs.

There's a key scene in episodes 9 and 10 which = someone chopping onions nearby.

The stretch of episodes from eps 3 - 7 is pretty great.

And the funniest scene which is legit LOL happens in episode 2. I was still laughing a few days later. Laughed again when there was a quick callback to it in the finale.

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
3 more episodes to go with season 4 of The Wire now.

Solid season finales for both City on a Hill and Reservation Dogs.

Gonna circle back to episode 5 (season 1) of Justified this weekend.

3 more episodes to go with season 2 of Industry. Also gonna check out eps 3 and 4 of Atlanta's current season.

LOVE “MO” had no idea what I was getting into with it - didn’t even read the few words you offered in your recommendation prior to jumpin in

so when I got that H TOWN intro with Paul Wall bumpin Haha I was peaked. Shit only getting better. Fuckin BUN in the confessional!?!?!! Come on man!

THIS WAS A GOOD LOOK! Thanks again.

The question is —
How YOU diggin new ATLANTA?

the ATL discussion thread is a little dry right now lol

I saw the rating above: “s1-9/10 and s2-4…-5/10”

Couldn’t disagree more lol.

Re: ATLANTA

shit is evolving. Like I said - pairing it with THE WIRE feels right. Both are clear and dedicated to their respective purposes from PILOT to FINALE (I can’t imagine ATLANTA not stickin the landing… they could easily go out on some SOPRANOS shit — for me, I love the sopranos finale, but with ATLANTA I don’t think that’s at all what’s coming. I think all the experimentation and Avant garde shit is part of ATLANTA dna from S1. BUT I also think rather than that type of ending, instead we’re goin to see something comparable to THE WIRE to BREAKING BAD/BETTER CALL SAUL when S4 is wrap). I think it will ultimately offer the best of both worlds.

i finally got back to MR MORALE & THE BIG STEPPERS this week and have only the last track to still hear before KDot takes the SNL stage tomorrow night.

I share this bec I see ATLANTA and Kendrick very similarly as far as artistic evolutions go.

IS Mr. Morale (like much of Kendrick’s work before it) hard to take (never abstract a la DOOM but in its own way maybe even hard to follow…) at times… no. fuckin. doubt.

Are they both - Kendrick and ATLANTA hard to take because of the visceral pain at times being exposed and explored PLAINLY and DEEPLY? No. Fuckin. Doubt.

And. Most importantly. Are they both doin ALL of this - like THE WIRE, like the Breaking Bad universe like The Sopranos etc did it - with grace with honor with HUMOR and in a nod to Kendrick - with THE HEART…? No. Fuckin. Doubt.

So. For me. ATLANTA as a whole will surely be a 9or10/10 and in my top 5-10 all time greatest shows.

Art is subjective. Meant to rile niggas up. To fuck with even its OWN established status quos

And very few GOOD even GREAT shows ever aspire to the level of art. Likely because art REQUIRES evolution to BE art. Shows are supposed to be what they are. I loved OZ for example but that shit REMAINED OZ from pilot to finale - highs and lows were all plentiful in between. But the status quo “requirements” of television is why shit like the Dick Wolf empire reigns. or why there are umpteen seasons and spin offs of American Horror Story. Why Shondaland etc are all … you get wtf I’m sayin lol

I loved THE SOPRANOS because while it damn sure was not perfect, at least it always had surprises up its sleeve. Chappelle’ Show is obviously a different lane but same thing. Set its own rules and from S1 to S2…. Evolved.

Whereas THE WIRE and BREAKING Universe are SO focused - that’s what makes them great.

goin back to a final rap analogy

THE WIRE/BREAKING etc are like RAKIM, PAC

ATLANTA/SOPRANOS etc are like BIG, Kendrick

hope y’all enjoy. I take my time with this shit when it’s something of interest we share bec I appreciate our community here. Niggas have and offer up a lot. I’ve said it before.

We keep the space both toxic and safe.
It’s about as fuckin BLACK as it gets ‘roun heeyuh. BGOL 4 leeyuh neeyuh lol

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
LOVE “MO” had no idea what I was getting into with it - didn’t even read the few words you offered in your recommendation prior to jumpin in

so when I got that H TOWN intro with Paul Wall bumpin Haha I was peaked. Shit only getting better. Fuckin BUN in the confessional!?!?!! Come on man!

THIS WAS A GOOD LOOK! Thanks again.

The question is —
How YOU diggin new ATLANTA?

the ATL discussion thread is a little dry right now lol

I saw the rating above: “s1-9/10 and s2-4…-5/10”

Couldn’t disagree more lol.

Re: ATLANTA

shit is evolving. Like I said - pairing it with THE WIRE feels right. Both are clear and dedicated to their respective purposes from PILOT to FINALE (I can’t imagine ATLANTA not stickin the landing… they could easily go out on some SOPRANOS shit — for me, I love the sopranos finale, but with ATLANTA I don’t think that’s at all what’s coming. I think all the experimentation and Avant garde shit is part of ATLANTA dna from S1. BUT I also think rather than that type of ending, instead we’re goin to see something comparable to THE WIRE to BREAKING BAD/BETTER CALL SAUL when S4 is wrap). I think it will ultimately offer the best of both worlds.

i finally got back to MR MORALE & THE BIG STEPPERS this week and have only the last track to still hear before KDot takes the SNL stage tomorrow night.

I share this bec I see ATLANTA and Kendrick very similarly as far as artistic evolutions go.

IS Mr. Morale (like much of Kendrick’s work before it) hard to take (never abstract a la DOOM but in its own way maybe even hard to follow…) at times… no. fuckin. doubt.

Are they both - Kendrick and ATLANTA hard to take because of the visceral pain at times being exposed and explored PLAINLY and DEEPLY? No. Fuckin. Doubt.

And. Most importantly. Are they both doin ALL of this - like THE WIRE, like the Breaking Bad universe like The Sopranos etc did it - with grace with honor with HUMOR and in a nod to Kendrick - with THE HEART…? No. Fuckin. Doubt.

So. For me. ATLANTA as a whole will surely be a 9or10/10 and in my top 5-10 all time greatest shows.

Art is subjective. Meant to rile niggas up. To fuck with even its OWN established status quos

And very few GOOD even GREAT shows ever aspire to the level of art. Likely because art REQUIRES evolution to BE art. Shows are supposed to be what they are. I loved OZ for example but that shit REMAINED OZ from pilot to finale - highs and lows were all plentiful in between. But the status quo “requirements” of television is why shit like the Dick Wolf empire reigns. or why there are umpteen seasons and spin offs of American Horror Story. Why Shondaland etc are all … you get wtf I’m sayin lol

I loved THE SOPRANOS because while it damn sure was not perfect, at least it always had surprises up its sleeve. Chappelle’ Show is obviously a different lane but same thing. Set its own rules and from S1 to S2…. Evolved.

Whereas THE WIRE and BREAKING Universe are SO focused - that’s what makes them great.

goin back to a final rap analogy

THE WIRE/BREAKING etc are like RAKIM, PAC

ATLANTA/SOPRANOS etc are like BIG, Kendrick

hope y’all enjoy. I take my time with this shit when it’s something of interest we share bec I appreciate our community here. Niggas have and offer up a lot. I’ve said it before.

We keep the space both toxic and safe.
It’s about as fuckin BLACK as it gets ‘roun heeyuh. BGOL 4 leeyuh neeyuh lol

Thanks for your takes, Benny.

Going to get caught up on ATLANTA this weekend.

Just closing out the final episode of season 4 of THE WIRE rewatch. Going to one day to a SOPRANOS rewatch. Reason being - I never saw the series in full. Caught the bulk of the first few seasons ... missed a few seasons in the middle and then caught the majority of the final stretch. It would be more appreciated now considering I would appreciate the performances more, compared to back in the day as a viewer in my 20s.

Really glad you are enjoying MO. It's a fun watch, and that "heart" it has makes it even better. The storyline with the mom. The lawyer helping with the asylum / citizenship process. The difference in his brother's personality at the job compared to his at-home life (that hit home as we have some family friends who have 2 kids who live at home who are near 30yo - one has severe anxiety, and the other is autistic). Found his girlfriend to be quite likeable too.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Reservation Dogs

8.5/10

Finished the first season the other day.

It was way better that what I expected.

The 4 main characters are done well, but the supporting characters were the most interesting.

The dwarf teen rappers are Pure Comedy running around on their bikes and are the neighborhood Gossip cats

The dead Indian from Little Big Horn is a damn fool with his crazy advice.

The Deer Lady is interesting. Hoping there is more of her in the 2nd season.

Kenny at the salvage yard who is a white boy, acting like he is Indian.

The mother, she definitely would get the business for sure. She thick in the waist. Looked her up and she has two sisters who co-star

Sarah Podemski
Rita

005A5580-Edit-e1661296314196.jpg

sarah-podemski.jpg

sarah-podemski-attends-the-2022-film-independent-spirit-awards-on-06-picture-id1381890708

MV5BMzI3OTQ4M2QtNzM4Ny00ZWZmLTg3NzMtMjAxYWZiOWU0MTM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Hope to get season 2 completed before the end of the year.

Got a lot of shit to get caught up on.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Reservation Dogs

8.5/10

Finished the first season the other day.

It was way better that what I expected.

The 4 main characters are done well, but the supporting characters were the most interesting.

The dwarf teen rappers are Pure Comedy running around on their bikes and are the neighborhood Gossip cats

The dead Indian from Little Big Horn is a damn fool with his crazy advice.

The Deer Lady is interesting. Hoping there is more of her in the 2nd season.

Kenny at the salvage yard who is a white boy, acting like he is Indian.

The mother, she definitely would get the business for sure. She thick in the waist. Looked her up and she has two sisters who co-star

Sarah Podemski
Rita

005A5580-Edit-e1661296314196.jpg

sarah-podemski.jpg

sarah-podemski-attends-the-2022-film-independent-spirit-awards-on-06-picture-id1381890708

MV5BMzI3OTQ4M2QtNzM4Ny00ZWZmLTg3NzMtMjAxYWZiOWU0MTM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Hope to get season 2 completed before the end of the year.

Got a lot of shit to get caught up on.

Glad you liked it!

Yes - the supporting cast is quite good.

The mom has a good individually-focused episode in season 2. Get to see more of her and the middle-aged women. Thanks for the info about her 2 sisters being on the show too! One of the sisters has more screen presence in one ep of season 2. It’s a slower, more serious ep.... but one of the best of the season as it involves a number of people.

Hopefully we get more of the little dude rappers in s3. They are great but only briefly in s2. See youtube for their music videos and America’s Got Talent appearance.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@benny_negro @blackbull1970 and others who may be interested in another show to check out.

This one has been well-received by the BGOL members who have seen it. It ran for 3 seasons. Just under 30 eps at 30 minutes or less. Good mix of drama, tension and dark comedy. If you watch it - try to see it with captions on. So you can pick up on the Aussie slang / expressions. My mom and some of her friends in their 70s want me to save the series for them. They saw a few eps and were digging it too ...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
@benny_negro @blackbull1970 and others who may be interested in another show to check out.

This one has been well-received by the BGOL members who have seen it. It ran for 3 seasons. Just under 30 eps at 30 minutes or less. Good mix of drama, tension and dark comedy. If you watch it - try to see it with captions on. So you can pick up on the Aussie slang / expressions. My mom and some of her friends in their 70s want me to save the series for them. They saw a few eps and were digging it too ...

Yeah, I got it stored in my favorites on Hulu.

Gotta try to get it watched with all the other stuff to watch.

I gotta figure out how I’m gonna get the last season of “The Flash” done before the final season debuts next year. I still haven’t started it.

HaHa!!! :cool:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
You

8/10

This is a suspense thriller series on Netflix.

Season 3 came out the Fall of 2021 and I just got it finished last night while on the road. It shows how much programming I’m trying to get caught up on.

HaHa!!!:cool:

This is a damn good thriller series. Plenty of violence and suspense in each episode to keep you glued to the screen.

The primary character does his role well being that he doesn’t look or fit the profile of a serial killer.

The first two seasons mainly focus on the killer looking for his perfect partner in life. He finds her toward the end of the 2nd season.

The 3rd season goes into their relationship and the series takes a different direction being now there are two primary characters. Season 3 keeps the same pace and tone as the first two seasons and amps it up on suspense until the season finale.

Graphic violence is at a low, but violence is handled well to get the point. Similar to the first Halloween movie back in the 1970s.

For the Thirsty, plenty of eye candy in all 3 seasons to keep you glued to the screen.

For the Gay Agenda trackers, there is a WM/BM openly gay couple. Nothing graphic is shown. There is a also a little lesbian action, nothing graphic is shown.

For the Militants, plenty of interracial in the series mainly around WM/BW. Not much is shown but PDA.

For the Pervs, there is a sexual relationship between a adult woman and teenage boy. There is also a little interracial swinging action. There is also some minor sexual deviancy to tickle you.

This is a good suspense, thriller series to watch with your girl, if you are trying to get her into stuff like this. The series originally debuted on the Lifetime Network and got high ratings being women mainly watched it. Lifetime approved a 2nd season and Netflix grabbed it and has continued it with good response.

Synopsis

What would you do for love? For a brilliant male bookstore manager who crosses paths with an aspiring female writer, this question is put to the test. A charming yet awkward crush becomes something even more sinister when the writer becomes the manager's obsession. Using social media and the internet, he uses every tool at his disposal to become close to her, even going so far as to remove any obstacle --including people -- that stands in his way of getting to her.

p14418847_b_v13_ab.jpg

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

The series is produced by Warner Bros. and it looks like they plan on continuing it even with all the shakeups and cancellations they are currently doing.

Season 4 has been approved and scheduled to be split in two with Part 1 to debut on February 10, 2023.

Part 2 is scheduled to debut on March 10, 2023.

Season 4 Teaser

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@blackbull1970

Nice! I hear you re: assorted series. Slowly chipping away at them here too. Just finished season 2 of Industry yesterday.

Glad you liked YOU too. Enjoyed that one as well. A guilty pleasure. The narration / psychology of it all is quite interesting. They are currently filming season 4.

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thanks for your takes, Benny.

Going to get caught up on ATLANTA this weekend.

Just closing out the final episode of season 4 of THE WIRE rewatch. Going to one day to a SOPRANOS rewatch. Reason being - I never saw the series in full. Caught the bulk of the first few seasons ... missed a few seasons in the middle and then caught the majority of the final stretch. It would be more appreciated now considering I would appreciate the performances more, compared to back in the day as a viewer in my 20s.

Really glad you are enjoying MO. It's a fun watch, and that "heart" it has makes it even better. The storyline with the mom. The lawyer helping with the asylum / citizenship process. The difference in his brother's personality at the job compared to his at-home life (that hit home as we have some family friends who have 2 kids who live at home who are near 30yo - one has severe anxiety, and the other is autistic). Found his girlfriend to be quite likeable too.
Agree on all aspects Bro.

I work with a chick actually a couple chicks lol - who watch EVERYTHING lol.

But MO was/is a recent favorite of the main one I was thinking of too. She was telling me about the brother who plays his best friend so I’m goin to check out his music this week too. Tobe something. “Try Jesus” is the main song she mentioned but he has a lot of recent stuff. Like you said a lot of heart throughout. Hope it gets renewed now that I’ve finished up the 8 of S1

Sopranos ain’t goin nowhere lol

it’s great to have a few movies and.or series to go back to after long stretches in life just to see how as you said - we have personally evolved. Some shit doesn’t age well. But I imagine that show will not be affected negatively by time

I wonder how SIX FEET UNDER holds up - S4 - was an acknowledged low and I dipped on it by ep3/4 latest but picked back up and loved the final S5 ride. Idk that any of it would work for me so well as a rewatch though…

My bag is so deep I realize when it comes to series that may be worth me checking out -

ITS ALWAYS SUNNY and most of the top FX series both comedy and drama eg MR. IN BETWEEN, Justified, Archer etc

plus a bunch of the older HBO stuff like Deadwood Carnivale or Rome

I was much heavier into movies during most of those runs

didn’t really get TV goin regularly until late 2009/2010 with all the huge shit

this board is major in that because I thought I was alone in Capua until I found our SPARTACUS discussion thread lol which was hands down one of the best online tv forums in online tv forum history. And in the words of NWH’ TASTY TASTE - ‘I bust a cap in anybody’s muhfuckin ass who think different’:giggle:

please check out FEAR OF A BLACK HAT if you’ve never seen that flick (believe it is still streaming on SHOWTIME)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Agree on all aspects Bro.

I work with a chick actually a couple chicks lol - who watch EVERYTHING lol.

But MO was/is a recent favorite of the main one I was thinking of too. She was telling me about the brother who plays his best friend so I’m goin to check out his music this week too. Tobe something. “Try Jesus” is the main song she mentioned but he has a lot of recent stuff. Like you said a lot of heart throughout. Hope it gets renewed now that I’ve finished up the 8 of S1

Sopranos ain’t goin nowhere lol

it’s great to have a few movies and.or series to go back to after long stretches in life just to see how as you said - we have personally evolved. Some shit doesn’t age well. But I imagine that show will not be affected negatively by time

I wonder how SIX FEET UNDER holds up - S4 - was an acknowledged low and I dipped on it by ep3/4 latest but picked back up and loved the final S5 ride. Idk that any of it would work for me so well as a rewatch though…

My bag is so deep I realize when it comes to series that may be worth me checking out -

ITS ALWAYS SUNNY and most of the top FX series both comedy and drama eg MR. IN BETWEEN, Justified, Archer etc

plus a bunch of the older HBO stuff like Deadwood Carnivale or Rome

I was much heavier into movies during most of those runs

didn’t really get TV goin regularly until late 2009/2010 with all the huge shit

this board is major in that because I thought I was alone in Capua until I found our SPARTACUS discussion thread lol which was hands down one of the best online tv forums in online tv forum history. And in the words of NWH’ TASTY TASTE - ‘I bust a cap in anybody’s muhfuckin ass who think different’:giggle:

please check out FEAR OF A BLACK HAT if you’ve never seen that flick (believe it is still streaming on SHOWTIME)

That's great re: the coworkers that watch everything. Got a few coworkers who check out series and movies too, and we run NON-spoiler reviews by each other, and recommend stuff that is must see or worth avoiding. It's fun ... also if you hear about stuff on BGOL - just run it by them (your coworkers) to see what they think too.

Thanks for the intel about Mo's on-screen friend's music career.

Agreed re: missing out on a number of series in the 2000s. Same over here ... didn't have HBO / Showtime / Cinemax ... so when I would see stuff it was well after the fact via downloads, or waiting on Canadian networks like Showcase to get the distribution rights. Got into Six Feet Under at the start, missed a number of middle seasons, and caught the final season or two. Actually went and bought a few of the seasons on DVD box set some years back at a Seattle book store. They had fully sealed, unopened seasons for $3 - 5. Figured minus whale, and bought some of Weeds too. Have the shows available On Demand now that we've got HBO / Showtime available in the digital bundle.

Good intel re: Fear of a Black Hat, and lol @ the Spartacus discussion.

Gonna circle back and see Boardwalk Empire too. Know of the great cast in that one, and all the accolades that show got years ago.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Gonna check out episode 4 of the final season of The Wire tonight. Enjoying the rewatch.

All caught up with Atlanta.

On the 2nd episode of season 1 of The Deuce. Enjoying seeing The Wire cast alum on the show (Dee, Cheese, Chris, etc).

The Patient continues to be good. About 3 episodes left now.

Gonna check out the start of season 2 of Chucky as well in the next day or two.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The Legend of Vox Machina, pretty funny series, it has a lot of adult language, blood, and sex. If you saw the trailer for the new Dungeons and Dragon movie, this is like a animated version of it.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Big weekend for tv this weekend. This past month has been the best month of tv all year.

Werewolf by night -Disney+
Hellraiser remake -Hulu
House of the Dragon - HBO+
Lord of the Rings - Amazon Prime

Then during the week

Andor - Disney+
She Hulk - Disney+
Rick And Morty
Quantum Leak Remake
See
The Cleaning Lady

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Let the right one in. I enjoyed the movies but didn't know they were making a series, I will catch this later.

is this a series about Let me in the movie about the girl vampire and the neighbor boy?
and is there more than one movie?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
is this a series about Let me in the movie about the girl vampire and the neighbor boy?
and is there more than one movie?
Yep, made a post about it

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yep, made a post about it

i saw this but didn't know what it was
thanks dawg

edit t didn't see the thread
but i really liked the remake
now let me find the original
i was just about to try and find a movie anyway
:wepraise::groupwave::wepraise:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
i saw this but didn't know what it was
thanks dawg

edit t didn't see the thread
but i really liked the remake
now let me find the original
i was just about to try and find a movie anyway
:wepraise::groupwave::wepraise:

The original was pretty good. Just did a search there are a lot of torrents for it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Los Espookys. This is a Espanol comedy show, if you are into adult swim and robot chicken type humor you should like this

I caught 4 episodes of the 1st season. Definitely funny.

I need to circle back to a few comedies ... this one ... What We Do in the Shadows, and Derry Girls.