Official Boxing Thread

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some pretty good fights tomorrow. Looking forward to my man Frank "Ghost" Martin against the dude who arguably beat Rolly.

MATCHROOM ON DAZN

PBC ON SHOWTIME

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Honorable mention, these guys will be getting it on down in Florida with Tarver, Paulie and Roy commentating.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
too bad Kingsley Ibeh wasn't let into the UK, was looking forward to seeing him fight Wardley. I still dont know why these boxers try to enter these other countries all last min like this

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Man i pray for the best with Ab I really do, but dude gotta show me something at this point

Man, yall acting like that dude is a bum. That dude can fight! Dude only got 4 losses and most of those losses were close. Give that man his flowers. Dude is a four division world champion. You know how hard that shit is to do? Broner, just don't throw enough punches, but if his work rate was better he would have one, many two losses on his record. Plus, Omar Figueroa is a fucking tune up.

gman4gov

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, yall acting like that dude is a bum. That dude can fight! Dude only got 4 losses and most of those losses were close. Give that man his flowers. Dude is a four division world champion. You know how hard that shit is to do? Broner, just don't throw enough punches, but if his work rate was better he would have one, many two losses on his record. Plus, Omar Figueroa is a fucking tune up.

Problem with AB was his handlers. His team was his worst enemy and never kept him on the straight path. AB has great talent but his team was straight garbage. The sport is a young man’s game and AB is behind the 8 at this point.

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh I'm one of the few broner fans. I'm glad he's back at it and hopefully stays on the right path. You right he lets his hands go he's damn hard to beat. I'm actually rooting for the brother

Last edited:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
shoulda never had him fight Maidana, if his team matched him up the way Tank has been AB likely is still undefeated

Problem with AB was his handlers. His team was his worst enemy and never kept him on the straight path. AB has great talent but his team was straight garbage. The sport is a young man’s game and AB is behind the 8 at this point.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You have you ever seen Rahman Jr. fight though?
He is the dude in floyd's gym that went the 35 mins. He the second one. The first dude was his brother, but his brother got that ass kicked. He was getting that work too but time was on his side. He can fight though. He will stump a mud hole in Jake Paul's ass. Easy work. If Jake wins then it a set up. If he last the whole fight then its a set up. Rahman Jr. is the real deal.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is the dude in floyd's gym that went the 35 mins. He the second one. The first dude was his brother, but his brother got that ass kicked. He was getting that work too but time was on his side. He can fight though. He will stump a mud hole in Jake Paul's ass. Easy work. If Jake wins then it a set up. If he last the whole fight then its a set up. Rahman Jr. is the real deal.
Oh yeah. Of course I remember. He was even getting touched up in that exchange from the little footage they showed and I'm not certain if the British dude didn't already go 30 min with his little brother he would've had the energy to finish him off.

But I'm really asking has anyone seen him fight since then?

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh yeah. Of course I remember. He was even getting touched up in that exchange from the little footage they showed and I'm not certain if the British dude didn't already go 30 min with his little brother he would've had the energy to finish him off.

But I'm really asking has anyone seen him fight since then?
Yeah, they have footage on him on Youtube. Also, he probably would have got that real work if the british kid wasn't exhausted from the first melee. I mentioned that in my original post. However, if you make it to a national championship from areas in the northeast section of the U.S. you aren't no pussy. Especially places like Baltimore, Philly, New Jersey. The hot beds of boxing in the U.S. is the East coast (referenced above), the mid-west (Michigan, St. Louis, Chicago, Kansas City, Mo), the South, (Texas, the Mid-South region, but every once in a while, Louisiana focus on New Orleans), and the West (California, Washington-Spokane and Tacoma). With all the above being said, Rahman has some skill.

Last edited:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Could anybody have kept that dude on the straight path? This was the same team that helped to build him up. AB just got too many issues and demons.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Have yall seen some of the stipulations for the Jake Paul - Rahman Jr fight? Rahman Jr says he cant gain no more than 10 pounds and he loses a quarter of his purse for every pound or some shit like that. Says he is the lowest paid opponent by far for a Jake Paul fight and he knows that they didnt think he would agree to the fight. Some are suggesting he may take a dive but those stipulations tell me otherwise and its clear to me that a properly prepared Rahman Jr can kick his ass. Those stipulations and a few weeks to prepare and lose the weight for the fight may be issues though.