Official Boxing Thread

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
On the PBC podcast, Thurman said that he contracted COVID for the second time recently. He isolated and ate nothing but Uber Eats. Stepped on the scales and weighed in at 188

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We don't have a kickboxing thread so I just wanted to post this here. This is by far the biggest fight that could be made in the sport, p4p #1 vs #2, almost like the Floyd vs Manny in kickboxing. We need to get another boxer to sell out Tokyo Dome since Mike Tyson i think was last to do it

Tyson didn't sell out the Tokyo dome against Douglas.
There were empty sections all over the place.
I think it was like 40,000 or so.
Even less people were there two years earlier when he fought Tubbs.
td.jpg

Last edited:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Dam for some reason i thought Tyson vs Douglas actually had like a crowd of 67k but you're right it was only a crowd of around 40k. Dam idk what matchup you'd need in boxing to actually do the 67k crowd, maybe if Tyson vs Bob Sapp actually happened back when it was supposed to

Tyson didn't sell out the Tokyo dome against Douglas.
There were empty sections all over the place.
Even less people were there two years earlier when he fought Tubbs.
td.jpg

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dam for some reason i thought Tyson vs Douglas actually had like a crowd of 67k but you're right it was only a crowd of around 40k. Dam idk what matchup you'd need in boxing to actually do the 67k crowd, maybe if Tyson vs Bob Sapp actually happened back when it was supposed to
When Bob Sapp fought Ernesto Hoost in that K1 tournament at the Tokyo Dome, that was a near sellout.
Wiki says 74,500

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Ben Shalom has revealed that he has offered Queensberry Promotions/ Frank Warren £1.2m for Joe Joyce to face Joseph Parker on Sky Sports Box Office. #boxing (via @IFLTV)

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Katie Taylor vs Cris Cyborg is reportedly in talks to potentially take place as a boxing match in December.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
beat me to it! Lol.
I don't want this corny ass fight anyway.
Canelo avoiding all the top fighters disrespectfully (in his weight class that is)
I didn't want it but after the Bivol beating and the Maruta fight, I'm like fuck it...sign me up. All I ask for is fair judging. Cause he better not let GGG whoop his ass :lol:

KINGSAPIO

Torah All Day!
BGOL Investor
I didn't want it but after the Bivol beating and the Maruta fight, I'm like fuck it...sign me up. All I ask for is fair judging. Cause he better not let GGG whoop his ass :lol:

I def want Canelo to lose esp when he avoiding Demetrius, Benavidez, & Charlo. Oh he'll fight them, when he's no longer considered a big draw, pound/pound or undisputed.
He's gonna do the same shit Keith Thurman did to Errol Spence... Now that Errol is the man and strongly dislikes Keith for ducking him, he (Keith) now all of a sudden wants to fight Errol
Also, just heard that Keith recently declined the Boots fight lol

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Eddie Hearn and Barry Hearn are reportedly in talks with private equity firms to potentially sell a minority stake of Matchroom. It's claimed deal could value Matchroom at £600m-£700m and see the Hearns receive around £175m if they opt to sell 25%. [According to @SkyNews]

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I def want Canelo to lose esp when he avoiding Demetrius, Benavidez, & Charlo. Oh he'll fight them, when he's no longer considered a big draw, pound/pound or undisputed.
He's gonna do the same shit Keith Thurman did to Errol Spence... Now that Errol is the man and strongly dislikes Keith for ducking him, he (Keith) now all of a sudden wants to fight Errol
Also, just heard that Keith recently declined the Boots fight lol
He beats Demetrius and Charlo I'll say handily. I think he destroys Charlo honestly. Benavidez on the other hand i think he beats all 3

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you watch the White Chocolate fight? I feel like all Matchroom USA got left is him and Ammo now that I heard Andrade is not with them anymore
Yeah I watched that man. I wasn’t impressed. I watched the fight on mute and I thought it should’ve been a draw.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I think Hearn signed him b/c he missed out on White Magic to Haymon, i dont think they gonna get white american title holders outa them tho

Yeah I watched that man. I wasn’t impressed. I watched the fight on mute and I thought it should’ve been a draw.