Every Black Mississippi senator walked out as white colleagues voted to ban critical race theory

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Every Black Mississippi senator walked out of the chamber Friday, choosing not to vote on a bill that sponsors said would prohibit the teaching of critical race theory in the state’s public schools and colleges and universities.

The historic, unprecedented walkout came over a vote on the academic theory that state education officials and Republican lawmakers acknowledge is not even taught in Mississippi. Republicans hold supermajority control of the Senate, meaning they can pass any bill without a single Democratic vote.

“We walked out as a means to show a visible protest to these proceedings,” state Sen. John Horhn, D-Jackson, said of the unprecedented action.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Respect to those who walked out on this bullshit. Fully expect for this to be the wedge issue du jour going forward. :smh:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Every Black Mississippi senator walked out of the chamber Friday, choosing not to vote on a bill that sponsors said would prohibit the teaching of critical race theory in the state’s public schools and colleges and universities.

The historic, unprecedented walkout came over a vote on the academic theory that state education officials and Republican lawmakers acknowledge is not even taught in Mississippi. Republicans hold supermajority control of the Senate, meaning they can pass any bill without a single Democratic vote.

“We walked out as a means to show a visible protest to these proceedings,” state Sen. John Horhn, D-Jackson, said of the unprecedented action.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Respect to those who walked out on this bullshit. Fully expect for this to be the wedge issue du jour going forward. :smh:
a number of these niggas is bitches but I'll hold my peace on that. Glad they did this though.
Time to flip Mississippi
never happening my guy

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sad. Mississippi 40% Black too. Imagine if half of the black population of NYC migrated to Mississippi, they would be in the majority.

iu

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Which is the main reason they have been trying to rewrite history. Texas school books on the Atlantic Slave trade... :smh: :angry:

06textbook-web-facebookJumbo.jpg

Not just Texas. The American history curriculum across the country is down playing slavery and English literature is still pushing Anne Frank and other holocaust related stories on kids.

They talk about slavery and Indians are people that were just there. Like what white folks were doing on a daily basis wasn’t evil as fuck. They hide it behind all the wars as a sign of patriotism.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not just Texas. The American history curriculum across the country is down playing slavery and English literature is still pushing Anne Frank and other holocaust related stories on kids.

They talk about slavery and Indians are people that were just there. Like what white folks were doing on a daily basis wasn’t evil as fuck. They hide it behind all the wars as a sign of patriotism.

:yes:

Shit is insane and main reason you need to be heavily involved in your kids education. Imagine your kids bringing this home? :smh:

2l1plo7wmr981.jpg

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stop sending your son to play fir ole miss and miss st

:bravo:

I get being from the South and wanting to stay near home but until they rebranded, the Ole Miss mascot was literally based on a blind Black man that they reimagined into a white confederate named Colonel Reb. :smh: No difference between this shit and the "monuments" the daughters of the confederacy put up everywhere.

10365860_1487719618166866_7955417065262573469_n.jpg

Man, I’m wishing my daughter brings that home. The level of “IN” I’d be doing would be criminal. :lol:

This was the warning on Alabama text books a while back. :smh:

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
To make sure our kids will always view themselves as victims

and to make white kids feel guilt and responsibility for our well being

Is that what it is? When you say victims what exactly do you mean. Cause, I keep hearing this victim thing from whites and some blacks. What exactly do you mean when you say victim? Can you give an example?