RIP - BREAKING: Beloved Bahamian actor and former ambassador Sir Sidney Poitier has died.

Mad Genius

Avid CAC Slapper
BGOL Investor
His overall impact to the Black community and especially America just can't be understated. That brother moved the needle in ways that we may never fully grasp. He was much more than just an actor. Rest in power, Sir Sidney Poitier.

black-power-fist.gif

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From the cane fields north of Miami, to the beach on Cat Island to the dark alley's of Nassau, to the mean streets of Harlem to Beverly Hills, there will never be one like Sir Sidney Poitier...

huge_brass_balls

Rising Star
Platinum Member
R.I.P.

Thanks for giving us the slap that was heard around the world.

"Lilies of the field" was my all time favorite, however, I replay that slap scene from time to time when I'm getting agitated by our "brothers of a lighter hue". My favorite part about it was... he doesn't hesitate for a second to slap him right back while looking him straight in his eye. It goes right along with my grandma's old saying that one must "Know one's worth".

djkidrich

τђë κïd fяºm qµęęñ§
Certified Pussy Poster
Rip Mr. Poitier thank you for the many many glorious movies and wisdom you dropped on us....

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered

RIP. We gon' miss you Uptown, Sidney. Bill and you still took an ass whooping from this lil dude, tho LOL.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
After watching "Uptown saturday night" and "Let's do it again" I searched and watched every movie Sidney Poitier was in,good or bad because I admired his style of acting where being overly dramatic did nothing for a role but staying in character and doing the small things is what made him standout in a crowd,always.
1.In the Heat of the Night
2. Uptown Saturday Night/Let's do it again
3.Guess who's coming to dinner.....

RIP to him....he was a Giant showed white and black,Native Florida boy...Deerfield.

Bidam7

Rising Star
Registered

62c281f6b49d8c821c1fcdc7ad49abaf.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

A1fQFjoKGyL.jpg

61d89cad977d2070898274.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

25270a.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

61d8956d284d7424925583.jpg

A unique measure of a man a true example of great class Your a pillar of a man whose sublime humanity a voice of meaningful definition togetherness in how he dealt with racism with the true finesse you taught Generations an Icon that defined our determination your success was ours it gave us a voice to be something more than ourselves you presented a choice your an example your as timeless in ur approach priceless in what u defined in what you paved We raised up not only as a culture but as a people your was the standard because of you I love everything u represented as a father My father met him as a younger man they met for a brief encounter after he made in the heat of the night words is beyond the measure of what u are as the legacy of your impact is immeasurable

bb88834fca5e01da6c6ee319263adf53b05c8b89.jpg

May u have a good journey in the odyssey of the universe you're a timeless treasure that's always cherished with tears writing this a goodbye with sorrow peace to u and ur family losing a father grandfather but a great essence but the moments and memories u made your presence are with us forever from now in many tomorrows
sidney-poitier-buck-and-the-preacher.gif

Last edited:

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
One of the greatest to
ever read a script. He
set black people ahead
early on when we were
looked upon like we had
no worth to society.

RIP my Brother Sidney.