Music DJ Debate: What "WHITE" song always shocks you that is a huge crowd pleaser?

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ooooh Alabama...

She's a rich girl...she's going to get by on an old mans money

It so many of them and I don't know the name of who sings em I just know the song when I hear it;By that second can of beer ,hands be in the air...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dude, "Sweet Caroline" makes white people go ape shit! So does "Mony, Mony" & "Seven Nation Army".

my question should have ben more specific

I mean a White song that not only gets the white folks on the dance floor

but BLACK FOLK TOO?

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
"Country roads" by John Denver.

One of my clients is a rich mostly white private school. The kids mostly go for trap music with a bit of EDM and pop thrown in.

But for some reason I can't explain "country roads" touches their soul in a very special way that no other song can.

I've even seen other DJs play a techno remix of it complete with a matching light show.

dbrizzz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So as a house music head I will tell you that we, as a genre, have co-opted a lot of white songs that thump and make black folks lose their minds at the party including:

Voices- The Police
Magnificent 7- The Clash
Rocking the Casbah- The Clash
Mesopotamia- B52s
Black Betty- Ram Jam
Relax- Frankie Goes to Hollywood
West End Girl- Pet Shop Boys
Don't Go- Yaz
I Can't go For That- Hall & Oates
Heart of Glass- Blondie
Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana

This is just scratching the surface and I still rock out to all of the above

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sweet Caroline was written about JFK's daughter Caroline Kennedy.

She was 12 at the time.

Neil Diamond told the story himself in 2013 and then the next year tried to say it was about his "wife".

So cacs are dancing their asses off to a pedo anthem which is on brand for them

all those old rockers were pedos

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
my question should have ben more specific

I mean a White song that not only gets the white folks on the dance floor

but BLACK FOLK TOO?

Oops. My bad.

Where to begin....

Any group dance like Cha Cha slide, cupid shuffle or the Wobble works. (Don't play Cameo's "candy" though. It confuses the whites).

For weddings you can't go wrong with "too close" by Next or "I wanna sex you up", E-40 "tell me when to go" and Mac Dre "feelin myself". The last two are especially good for mixed crowds.

For teens Sheck Wes "mo Bamba" gets both crowds going. Same for "young wild and free". Anything by City Girls, Travis Porter, or Megan thee Stallion is a sure shot. "get low" "blow the whistle" and "turn down for what" should be close at hand.

If the crowd is mostly white and drunk as fuck the unwritten law says you either play "Brass Monkey" "Jump around" or "Africa" by Toto. I've seen more than a few Black people get carried away by the enthusiasm these songs generate.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Oops. My bad.

Where to begin....

Any group dance like Cha Cha slide, cupid shuffle or the Wobble works. (Don't play Cameo's "candy" though. It confuses the whites).

For weddings you can't go wrong with "too close" by Next or "I wanna sex you up", E-40 "tell me when to go" and Mac Dre "feelin myself". The last two are especially good for mixed crowds.

For teens Sheck Wes "mo Bamba" gets both crowds going. Same for "young wild and free". Anything by City Girls, Travis Porter, or Megan thee Stallion is a sure shot. "get low" "blow the whistle" and "turn down for what" should be close at hand.

If the crowd is mostly white and drunk as fuck the unwritten law says you either play "Brass Monkey" "Jump around" or "Africa" by Toto. I've seen more than a few Black people get carried away by the enthusiasm these songs generate.
And this one:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
And this one:

Maybe. I don't really play a lot of Madonna unless it's a gay crowd from the East Coast. Even "rain on me" is by request only.

Only time I play this particular song is as a follow up to Shannon "let the music play"

Speaking of which, I'm also adding "I can't wait" by nu shoes to my previous list.