Music DJ Debate: What "WHITE" song always shocks you that is a huge crowd pleaser?

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I have a funk show on radio Valencia in SF.

Along with the standards you'd expect (parliament, James brown, Roy Ayers, ect). I throw in funk from all over the world. Especially Brazil and Nigeria.

I don't consider race when picking my playlist, but here are some of the white artists that get played quite a bit. (I'm excluding the Italo Disco. That's in an earlier post)

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I HAD to include this one.

For those too young to understand. Picture a gay white George Clinton with a WAY bigger cocaine habit doing a guest slot on the Muppet Show.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This was on the new jack city soundtrack

We took this one from jump.

Ain't there a brother in the group?

I don't remember this ever being considered a white song?
If someone posted a spice girl song which has a black female singer in it than color me bad falls in the same category

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If someone posted a spice girl song which has a black female singer in it than color me bad falls in the same category

I missed that.

Spice Girls is in a special category

Like Chris Rock said

How they sell damn near 10 million records yet he don't know one person who got one?

So I'll allow the "white" label.

But that specific song I don't feel was ever considered "White" like that

I could be wrong.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What’s funny about that song is you can tell they don’t listen to the words and only focused on the chorus. He talks about racism in the song.

Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA” is another song they love, but don’t listen to the lyrics thinking it’s a patriotic song.
Kind of like Republicans liking Rage Against the Machine, while being pro-police corruption, pro-corporate corruption, and anti-worker.