Republican States Are Opting Out Of Federal Unemployment

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Perfect analogy for cac logic in most, if not all circumstances:

They'll allow you to punch them in the teeth if they can stab you in the neck in the process

Getting rid of this money will hurt them significantly more than any other group... but if it means they can hurt niggas, wetbacks, chinks, and any other minority group along the way then it's a win for them.

:yes:

“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” Minton told Mazzei. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's interesting that "so called" black men consider conversation about not solely dependening on the government and wanting to get out and work as "cac talk" and GOP talking points.

If the government has acknowledged a pandemic and decided to give assistance to needy individuals until the pandemic is under control only a fool would not take it. That's not GOP talking points, no white man will ever turn down help if offered but we have been brainwashed to believe in this nonsense if someone offers you money we have too much pride to take it.

Any black man sitting here talking about "bosses vs workers" talk is pure coon intestines.

You can take the 300 while working on improving yourself, not taking it or bashing those who take it is coon talk.

Are we black first or do we identify by what we individually have first? If you choose the later it explains a lot.

Not just you but any black man in question.

It has an opt out provision in the law that allow states to do this from what I have been reading. This is probably the future of major legislative acts due to major demographic shifts. You can go from one state to another and it could be completely different, one may have Single Payer, Social Security, Federal Unemployment. The other state may not have these programs at all.

Eventually this will take place, GOP and DEM will have separate states where people move too to receive certain benefits, I can see this rising alot.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's interesting that "so called" black men consider conversation about not solely dependening on the government and wanting to get out and work as "cac talk" and GOP talking points.

Ah, the classic coon/cac "bootstraps" argument. Always hilarious that it doesn't apply when the checks are being cut for cacs...

An actual capitalist would say that they should have gone bankrupt because of their poor planning/decision making, but they are cacs so :money:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is really a funny move because a few of these states will probably be hurting more whites than blacks. L
I said this during the entire Trump admin but posters like @geechiedan stated that Trump was all about helping the so-called white southerners prosper.

the demoshills won’t have shit to say about this because Trump has destroyed more of their wealth than any President other than Franklin Roosevelt.

batmanobx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are there any capitalists on this board? There is a very real problem when people can make more money not working than at McDonalds.

What should McDonalds start paying $40,000 a year. Guess how much a Big Mac would cost if the did that
it has nothing to do with capitalism, it's economics 101, the minimum wage is a false ceiling, the economy will adjust to what ever it is. when the minimum wage hit $15.00, double what it is in most states, the .99 cent menu will move up to $2.00. And if they make $15.00 an hour, my union better double my wage as well.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I said this during the entire Trump admin but posters like @geechiedan stated that Trump was all about helping the so-called white southerners prosper.

the demoshills won’t have shit to say about this because Trump has destroyed more of their wealth than any President other than Franklin Roosevelt.

You start out in 1954 by saying, “Ni**er, ni**er, ni**er.” By 1968 you can’t say “ni**er”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Ni**er, ni**er.”

Last edited:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is the most logical point in this thread.

Let's take it a step further.

The $300 unemployment supplement equates to $7.5 per hour based upon a 40 hour week, which is $15,600 per year. This is in addition to the base unemployment which is $320 on average which is an additional $16,640. This is a total of $32,240.

Currently, a business would have to offer at least $32,240 or $15.50 per hour plus x amount of opportunity cost to get a person to forego "free" money to go work.

For most people, $32K is more than they have every made and more than they would make working 40 hours a week. Because of this, many people are just refusing to go back to work which has lead to a nationwide employee shortage.

Some people get too accustomed to the "free" money and experience an economic hock when the benefits run out.

I 100% believe and support government assistance. However, I do not support any "assistance" that cripples my people and facilitates a dependency that hinders economic independence.
Working a job with a non livable wage only benefits the owner. How does that even make sense to you?

Inflation and the cost of goods have went up for decades while the means to produce items cost less because of technology. So rich people have been cashing out and never passed that extra money back down to the workers.

People don’t need to be in business if they can’t pay a livable wage

TheDynasty

Certified Genius
BGOL Investor
When you pay well, you have less turnover, less absenteeism, eventually leading to more knowledgeable and experienced employees, less costs for training, more loyalty and people actually invested in the well being of the company, etc. You also normally get better workers and performance, because you always have willing applicants to take their place for the better wages.

There are always exceptions to this rule, but most folks are willing to work and like to be able to take pride in a job well done.

This is one of the reasons why Chik Fil A has been successful.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Just a quick question- who is rich? McDonalds the corporation? Or the person who owns that McDonalds?

Have you ever considered that maybe the person who owns the McDonalds isn’t rich, but is a business owner making a modest living? Have you also wondered that increasing the salary of employees can reduce the profits to such an extent as to make the business less interesting to the owner- for example it may reduce the owners take from $100,000 annually to $40,000.

I know, they should just close down all businesses if they can’t afford to pay $15 an hour right?

That looks like a sound argument until you realize that the only type of corporations that can comfortably afford to do that in certain industries - like farming, food service, etc are large multi-billion conglomerates.

What you are really saying is that the government should tax small independent businesses, because forcing a company to pay more than the market requires is a tax, and help build bigger corporate monopolies.

Be careful what you ask for.
Was referring to the politicians who are already rich, The GOP and Dems always agree together when it's time to give themselves a pay raise but not for the people who voted them in.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
If the government has acknowledged a pandemic and decided to give assistance to needy individuals until the pandemic is under control only a fool would not take it. That's not GOP talking points, no white man will ever turn down help if offered but we have been brainwashed to believe in this nonsense if someone offers you money we have too much pride to take it.

Any black man sitting here talking about "bosses vs workers" talk is pure coon intestines.

You can take the 300 while working on improving yourself, not taking it or bashing those who take it is coon talk.

Are we black first or do we identify by what we individually have first? If you choose the later it explains a lot.

Eventually this will take place, GOP and DEM will have separate states where people move too to receive certain benefits, I can see this rising alot.
No, it is irresponsible to look at government assistance as more than assistance. Most people aren't "improving" themselves. They are sitting home enjoying the pandemic relief. Sure, take the money. I never said not to. But, now that most states are lifting mandates and infections are down, there will be no more relief. And people will have go back to work.

Our only point really was that currently people have no incentive go back to work if they are getting $32K to sit at home. This is a work ethic issue.

This is not a pull yourself up by your bootstraps argument. It's a principle argument. I was taught to work for what I have and want. Some wasn't. Some are ok living off of the government. I'm not. Additionally, I do not feel I should be responsible for paying for those who do not want to work, but still want to get paid.

Lastly, black folk need to quit with the "pull yourself by your bootstraps" is coon talk. In most instances we have no choice but to pull ourselves up. In most instances, we have to overcome obstacles place before us. We have to work harder, longer, and better than all others. Black folks always had to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps. It's only recently that SOME black folk have been trucked into thinking that pulling ones self up is a cracker thing.

Tricknology at it's finest.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

We are black first. And because I believe that so much, I stand firm that we as black people need to do our part to break away from the dependence of this government.

Additionally, we have to take responsibility for the BS that we cause and inflict upon ourselves.

Any black man that disagrees with that is a coon in my opinion.
Ah, the classic coon/cac "bootstraps" argument. Always hilarious that it doesn't apply when the checks are being cut for cacs...
It applies to everyone. But for my people. We have been strategically conditioned to depend heavily on the government.

We need to encourage more of us, particularly our youth to get out there and make it happen regardless of the circumstance. We can sit around and wait for other to make our lives better. We have the ability to do that. But, most of you don't purely because of lack of effort.
it has nothing to do with capitalism, it's economics 101, the minimum wage is a false ceiling, the economy will adjust to what ever it is. when the minimum wage hit $15.00, double what it is in most states, the .99 cent menu will move up to $2.00. And if they make $15.00 an hour, my union better double my wage as well.
Unfortunately, many people do not understand basic economics. These dudes will get a crash course in real time real soon.
People don’t need to be in business if they can’t pay a livable wage
People should not expect a livable wage from McDonald's. Additionally, our parents and grandparents understood that if one job didn't pay all the bills, you get another job. You do what you had to do to pay the bills. People complain about a livable wage. But what they are really saying is that they want a particular standard of living. This is a very big difference.
White boy with a tan alert
And you have proved my point. Any time black men are discussing not depending on government and doing for ourselves, the lazy reply is, that's GOP and coon talk.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We are black first. And because I believe that so much, I stand firm that we as black people need to do our part to break away from the dependence of this government.

Unfortunately, many people do not understand basic economics. These dudes will get a crash course in real time real soon.

People should not expect a livable wage from McDonald's. Additionally, our parents and grandparents understood that if one job didn't pay all the bills, you get another job. You do what you had to do to pay the bills. People complain about a livable wage. But what they are really saying is that they want a particular standard of living. This is a very big difference.

And you have proved my point. Any time black men are discussing not depending on government and doing for ourselves, the lazy reply is, that's GOP and coon talk.

then place a limit on kids being born... if you don't do that then giving a pass is pointless. Not enough jobs to pay 300+ million people a livable wage.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
then place a limit on kids being born... if you don't do that then giving a pass is pointless. Not enough jobs to pay 300+ million people a livable wage.
This displays your ignorance and lack of understanding of basic economics.

300+ million do not need to be paid a "livable wage."

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It applies to everyone. But for my people. We have been strategically conditioned to depend heavily on the government.

We need to encourage more of us, particularly our youth to get out there and make it happen regardless of the circumstance. We can sit around and wait for other to make our lives better. We have the ability to do that. But, most of you don't purely because of lack of effort.

I specifically chose farming as an example just because of how readily the government throws money at those cacs but name an industry and I can show you a similar story:

Despite the effects of the pandemic and the trade war, U.S. farm income this year will be the highest since 2013 because of the largest federal payments ever — $46.5 billion, triple the usual amount, the government said on Wednesday.

Government payments will account for 39% of net farm income this year,
the largest share of income since 41% in 2001. The highest share ever was 65 percent in 1983, during the worst of the farm recession, said USDA economist Carrie Litkowski.

Again, hilarious that when the check is cut for cacs, there is no fear of too much government dependence or lectures on personal responsibility...

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I specifically chose farming as an example just because of how readily the government throws money at those cacs but name an industry and I can show you a similar story:

Despite the effects of the pandemic and the trade war, U.S. farm income this year will be the highest since 2013 because of the largest federal payments ever — $46.5 billion, triple the usual amount, the government said on Wednesday.

Government payments will account for 39% of net farm income this year, the largest share of income since 41% in 2001. The highest share ever was 65 percent in 1983, during the worst of the farm recession, said USDA economist Carrie Litkowski.

Again, hilarious that when the check is cut for cacs, there is no fear of too much government dependence or lectures on personal responsibility...
U.S. agriculture has always been dependent on the government. I have other posts that attest to this. However, as a black farmer, you would need to figure out how not to depend on the US supplement, and that's if you even get a supplement. While at the same time using the supplement to foster independence. Again, that's even you are lucky enough to get farmers supplements.

Unfortunately, black farmers only make up 1.4% of all US farmers and tend to have significantly smaller farms. Why? Because black folk have come to believe that farming is beneath us and most black farm children want to do anything other than farm. I know this personally because this has transpired on both sides of my family. We literally have had acres of land go unused due to newer generations unwillingness to take on the family farm. Now, as a result of my urging, we least much of the land to larger corporations.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
U.S. agriculture has always been dependent on the government. I have other posts that attest to this. However, as a black farmer, you would need to figure out how not to depend on the US supplement, and that's if you even get a supplement. While at the same time using the supplement to foster independence. Again, that's even you are lucky enough to get farmers supplements.

Unfortunately, black farmers only make up 1.4% of all US farmers and tend to have significantly smaller farms. Why? Because black folk have come to believe that farming is beneath us and most black farm children want to do anything other than farm. I know this personally because this has transpired on both sides of my family. We literally have had acres of land go unused due to newer generations unwillingness to take on the family farm. Now, as a result of my urging, we least much of the land to larger corporations.
dude are you high?? serious question... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So Black farmers need to be actual capitalist while cac farmers are entitled to leech from the government?

What industry/sector in our economy is not currently reliant on the government or has been so in the past?

You can switch out "reverse racism" with whatever is the current right wing bogeyman of the day...

concise-history-of-black-white-racism_orig.png

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
So Black farmers need to be actual capitalist while cac farmers are entitled to leech from the government?

What industry/sector in our economy is not currently reliant on the government or has been so in the past?

You can switch out "reverse racism" with whatever is the current right wing bogeyman of the day...

concise-history-of-black-white-racism_orig.png
dude are you high?? serious question... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Nowhere in my statement did I deny that racism exists. In fact, my statement clearly states that despite the racism and hindrance put before us, we should ALWAYS put our best foot forward and should strive for excellence in all that we do.

You asked "What industry/sector in our economy is not currently reliant on the government or has been so in the past?" And iwoild state again, that you are making up arguments that do not exist. I never said anything contrary to the question in which the answer is most industries rely on government in some capacity.

But, I would argue that there is a difference in what our black farmers are doing, which is trying to work and needing assistance to get by, which is in great contrast to the millions of Americans that are refusing to work because they are recovering $32K of temporary salary without any work or effort.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nowhere in my statement did I deny that racism exists. In fact, my statement clearly states that despite the racism and hindrance put before us, we should ALWAYS put our best foot forward and should strive for excellence in all that we do.

You asked "What industry/sector in our economy is not currently reliant on the government or has been so in the past?" And iwoild state again, that you are making up arguments that do not exist. I never said anything contrary to the question in which the answer is most industries rely on government in some capacity.

But, I would argue that there is a difference in what our black farmers are doing, which is trying to work and needing assistance to get by, which is in great contrast to the millions of Americans that are refusing to work because they are recovering $32K of temporary salary without any work or effort.
1. you said: Unfortunately, black farmers only make up 1.4% of all US farmers and tend to have significantly smaller farms. Why? Because black folk have come to believe that farming is beneath us and most black farm children want to do anything other than farm. I know this personally because this has transpired on both sides of my family. We literally have had acres of land go unused due to newer generations unwillingness to take on the family farm. Now, as a result of my urging, we lease much of the land to larger corporations.

according to your OWN statement, YOU are not working the fucking farm! How many cows do you milk or land do you till by tractor every week?? ZERO because if you did you wouldn't have time to post on message boards all day every day. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. considering we live in a society that refuses to give people a cost of living wage..if any money we're getting is money we SHOULD HAVE BEEN GETTING working the jobs we DID work. When you make more on unemployment than you got when working a job what incentive are employers giving you to get back to work??? name one.

181439362_10165379949785442_7602472991441528915_n.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
For the sake of a genuine conversation. Could everyone who mentioned "livable wage" please share their definition of the term?

You make enough to be able to pay your bills (rent, mortgage, power, etc)

You make enough to pay miscellaneous expenses (medical, loans, car payments, insurance, food, clothing, etc)

You make enough to be able to put about 10% of your net income away for savings every week.

You make enough to have disposable income to waste on shit you don’t need and can live without (Air Jordan’s, Video Game system, Vacation in Disney World, Movie theater tickets, etc)

And you can do all the above without Government Assistance (Food Stamps, Medicaid, WIC, Stimulus checks, etc)

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I went to Wendy's this propaganda they are pushing is getting out of hand. The guy had four people on staff and only two cars in the drive thru. Claimed he could not open up the dining area on time because they were short staffed, and that I should get my food from the drive thru.

You might see signs stating they are short staffed and other fake drama by the right wing.

The corporate PR on all the local news owned by Sinclair Broadcasting is saying they are short staffed, yet you go to your fast food with no issue with labor it would raise red flags. If all they had was signs yet your food was ready in a minute, I would pick up on it.

What I exposed is a poorly done fake staging of a labor shortage to make it real world. This is something I would expect from a bottom feeding Indian or Asian that worships whites would do to us, but it was a Hispanic female, very disappointed. They must be upset that blacks are getting more in unemployment and they can't because of their immigration status.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You make enough to be able to pay your bills (rent, mortgage, power, etc)

You make enough to pay miscellaneous expenses (medical, loans, car payments, insurance, food, clothing, etc)

You make enough to be able to put about 10% of your net income away for savings every week.

You make enough to have disposable income to waste on shit you don’t need and can live without (Air Jordan’s, Video Game system, Vacation in Disney World, Movie theater tickets, etc)

And you can do all the above without Government Assistance (Food Stamps, Medicaid, WIC, Stimulus checks, etc)
at the very least the first three are a must...

the fucked up part is we live in a society that wants the cheapest labor they can get but STILL wants you to be a consumer. It's why our monetary system moved to credit. workers are consumers in fact they are the BULK of consumers..that means the guy that MAKES hamburger is also the guy who BUYS hamburgers.. The top 1 or 10% can buy only so many iphones and new gadgets..meanwhile, the lower workers are the ones being encouraged (and conditioned) to keep pace with buying all the new shit.

The complaint, filed Monday in a federal court in Pennsylvania, alleges that Wells Fargo violated the Fair Housing Act of 1968 by “steering” minority borrowers into mortgages that were more expensive and riskier than those offered to white borrowers, according to court documents.

The complaint says that between 2004 and 2014, African American borrowers were twice as likely to receive high-cost loans when compared with white borrowers with similar credit backgrounds. Latino borrowers were 1.7 times as likely to receive costly loans when compared with white borrowers, the lawsuit claims.

In order to steer blacks and latinos into those loans they have to talk them into it by offering all kinds of supposed incentives. So for example a bus driver who grew up on life styles of the rich and famous and BLING and all the consumer shit of the last 50 years WANTS to live in that McMansion and the brokers are telling him or her it can happen if they take on such and such a loan deal. And its doable because we can make the payments low and spread out and blah blah blah...

Its all a scam but one thats been run since before the day you were born literally.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I went to Wendy's this propaganda they are pushing is getting out of hand. The guy had four people on staff and only two cars in the drive thru. Claimed he could not open up the dining area on time because they were short staffed, and that I should get my food from the drive thru.

You might see signs stating they are short staffed and other fake drama by the right wing.

I am a OTR driver out here on the West Coast.

I have seen a number of fast food chains, chain restaurants (Denny’s, Applebee’s, etc) and other companies that have low wage employees with the buildings still boarded up like what we saw last spring during the shutdown.

At a number of truck stops with fast food restaurants and basic restaurants, I have seen some of them still closed.

Managers at the truck stops have told me the issue is manpower.

I went to a McDonalds in Elkins, NV one morning for breakfast and they had a sign saying they close at 3pm. The chick at the register said they did not have enough employees to keep the restaurant open for its normal closing at 10pm.

The owner made the decision to work what people he had for the morning/lunch hours cuz that was the busiest and profitable hours the place had.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
1. you said: Unfortunately, black farmers only make up 1.4% of all US farmers and tend to have significantly smaller farms. Why? Because black folk have come to believe that farming is beneath us and most black farm children want to do anything other than farm. I know this personally because this has transpired on both sides of my family. We literally have had acres of land go unused due to newer generations unwillingness to take on the family farm. Now, as a result of my urging, we lease much of the land to larger corporations.

according to your OWN statement, YOU are not working the fucking farm! How many cows do you milk or land do you till by tractor every week?? ZERO because if you did you wouldn't have time to post on message boards all day every day. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. considering we live in a society that refuses to give people a cost of living wage..if any money we're getting is money we SHOULD HAVE BEEN GETTING working the jobs we DID work. When you make more on unemployment than you got when working a job what incentive are employers giving you to get back to work??? name one.

181439362_10165379949785442_7602472991441528915_n.jpg
Well, to be clear, when you are the boss and you are working from home, you can post on boards, manage stock portfolios or whatever comes to mind at the time, whenever. Plus, I get paid for my cognitive ability, decision making, and experience. This means more money and less time. This is why I constantly push for more black folks to go to school for STEM based careers. More importantly, it only takes 60 seconds to reply. I'm able to multitask. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where you were going with your statement about not working on a farm. I shared researchable facts about black farms in addition to my own personal experience regarding farms.

Western society is under the false assumption that a person is owed a certain thing. Every job is not obligated to pay a living wage. If one job doesn't pay enough, then get another job to supplement it. This is what our parents and grandparents did.

We agree on the same point however that as long as people are getting an unemployment check worth more than a regular work check, there is no incentive to work. This is why until the covid supplement are discontinued, those positions will remain unfilled.

The reality about "livable wage" is this, if two working adults making minimum wage were married, they could afford a comfortable life with budgeting.

Just saying.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I am a OTR driver out here on the West Coast.

I have seen a number of fast food chains, chain restaurants (Denny’s, Applebee’s, etc) and other companies that have low wage employees with the buildings still boarded up like what we saw last spring during the shutdown.

At a number of truck stops with fast food restaurants and basic restaurants, I have seen some of them still closed.

Managers at the truck stops have told me the issue is manpower.

I went to a McDonalds in Elkins, NV one morning for breakfast and they had a sign saying they close at 3pm. The chick at the register said they did not have enough employees to keep the restaurant open for its normal closing at 10pm.

The owner made the decision to work what people he had for the morning/lunch hours cuz that was the busiest and profitable hours the place had.

I exposed one of them flopping hard, this is a serious issues because decision makers are listening to some of these clowns. People's lives are at stake and you should not be playing weak games like this.

It could be racial and worker jealously, where another group becomes envious of their success and tries to sabotage it. Seeing somebody come into your store making more money than you will upset some people.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well, to be clear, when you are the boss and you are working from home, you can post on boards, manage stock portfolios or whatever come to mind at the time whenever. Plus, I get paid for my cognitive ability, decision making, and experience. This means more money and less time. This is why I constantly push for more black folks to go to school for STEM based careers. Besides, it takes 60 seconds to reply. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where you were going with your statement about not working on a farm. I shared researchable facts about black farms in addition to my own personal experience regarding farms.
your statement: Because black folk have come to believe that farming is beneath us and most black farm children want to do anything other than farm.

are you working a farm today?? no. Have you ever worked a farm?? no. Not everyone has the same opportunities or desires you have. your personal anecdotes are in no way indicative of how the rest of black america or anyone else is doing or why theyre doing what they doing.

Western society is under the false assumption that a person is owed a certain thing. Every job is not obligated to pay a living wage. If one job doesn't pay enough, then get another job to supplement it. This is what our parents and grandparents did.

We agree on the same point however that as long as people are getting an unemployment check worth more than a regular work check, there is no incentive to work. This is why until the covid supplement are Billy discontinued, those positions will remain unfilled.

The reality is, if two working adults making minimum wage were married, they could afford a comfortable life.

Just saying.

again your speaking into everyone elses situation and you have no idea why things are the way they are...just assumptions.

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
your statement: Because black folk have come to believe that farming is beneath us and most black farm children want to do anything other than farm.

are you working a farm today?? no. Have you ever worked a farm?? no. Not everyone has the same opportunities or desires you have. your personal anecdotes are in no way indicative of how the rest of black america or anyone else is doing or why theyre doing what they doing.

again your speaking into everyone elses situation and you have no idea why things are the way they are...just assumptions.

Don't know if you heard the 1619 Project podcast but episode #5 and #6 covered black farmers. I listened to it while taking a walk and that shit had my blood boiling for how bad they fucked dude over :angry:.

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
For the sake of a genuine conversation. Could everyone who mentioned "livable wage" please share their definition of the term?

Also with your wages.

You are not supposed to spend more than a 3rd of your monthly income for rent/mortgage.

Do the math for $7.25/hour working 40 hours a week for a month on how much you will make.

And try to figure out where in the 50 states of America you can afford a studio apartment in the most run down, shitty area you can think of.

TheDynasty

Certified Genius
BGOL Investor
Chick fil a has a high turn over. In Georgia, they start pay at $8.90 per hour. Go to Chick fil a today, I guarantee you that they have a sign outside that says that they are hiring.

I live in NC, the ones here start at 13 an hour.. don’t know what the fuck they’re on down in GA.