Hubert Davis is new UNC head basketball coach

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
oh hells no...

I don't even want to press play now

One of the most bizarre things ever but not really surprising. Your spouse is the only thing in life that you get 100% control over. You don't choose your race, religion you are born into, nationality etc. 100% chance he was retweeting those Terry Crews Coons tweets from last year :lol:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am still trying to understand what he MEANT?

why did he decide to say this?

Even if he really truly feels this way...

what does he hope to gain?

Cause if your a black family and he comes into your living room to recruit your son and you heard THAT?

Would you want HIM raising your son with those type of values?
I watched the entire press conference live and before he made that idiotic statement, he talked about how he will DEMAND that his players have a voice in the community and address social justice. He also gave an example of one of his players, Garrison Brooks, doing just that in his home state of Alabama. So it makes what he said even more baffling.

Yeah, he's gonna have to clarify what he meant, because this quote is quickly being shared everywhere and he's going to be recruiting mostly black players. Which means black mothers who might already be looking at him sideways because he has a white wife.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Does anyone know how UNC traditionally recruits? For example, I've heard that Coach K at Duke would deliberately and only recruit athletes from solid middle-class, two-parent households because they were more likely to stay enrolled for at least 3 years and learn his system. He would have never recruited an Allen Iverson-type of player, or any high school superstar type of player. Does UNC recruit in a similar fashion?

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Such a fucking stupid statement to make. I'm proud of who I am... and my wife's white and I'm proud of her whiteness too. There you go boosters, I said it.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The coach at Oklahoma State has competition now for most homely cave bitch :lol:

r960-00c80e18ee70ed7307e0410747b30c43.jpg

Supersav

Rising Star
Registered
Does anyone know how UNC traditionally recruits? For example, I've heard that Coach K at Duke would deliberately and only recruit athletes from solid middle-class, two-parent households because they were more likely to stay enrolled for at least 3 years and learn his system. He would have never recruited an Allen Iverson-type of player, or any high school superstar type of player. Does UNC recruit in a similar fashion?
I know they don't recruit in the north east or kids from Brooklyn

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Such a fucking stupid statement to make. I'm proud of who I am... and my wife's white and I'm proud of her whiteness too. There you go boosters, I said it.

It is wild but that shit was on his mind. Nobody just says some shit like that off the cuff. :lol:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you're asking if UNC recruits players with a checkered past, the answer is no.
They've actually pulled scholarship offers on players in the past that got in trouble with the law. Look up JamesOn Curry.
They recruit plenty of players from single mother homes, but they're not going to recruit guys straight from the projects who are still out in the streets trappin'.

I hate Duke as much as anyone, but that's kind of outdated stereotype of who they recruit.
They've also recruited plenty of guys from single mother homes, but they too typically don't recruit guys with checkered pasts.

Last edited:

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
If you're asking if UNC recruits players with a checkered past, the answer is no.
They've actually pulled scholarships on players in the past that got in trouble with the law. Look up JamesOn Curry.
They recruit plenty of players from single mother homes, but they're not going to recruit guys straight from the projects who are still out in the streets trappin'.

I hate Duke as much as anyone, but that's kind of outdated stereotype of who they recruit.
They've also recruited plenty of guys from single mother homes, but they too typically don't recruit guys with checkered pasts.

Still seems to hold some merit as far as recruiting players who will stay:

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They've actually pulled scholarship offers on players in the past that got in trouble with the law. Look up JamesOn Curry.

Duke and UNC usually have the same list of recruits with some choosing one over the other at the last minute.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Are you talking about 1992 or 2021? :lol:

Both UNC and Duke have had plenty of "one and done" players in recent times. They both also aren't going to take anyone with baggage...

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Still seems to hold some merit as far as recruiting players who will stay:

I'm sure Coach K would love to have a bunch of Grant Hills, Laetners and Plumlee boys that stay all 4 years, but that's just not the reality today.
They go after the top recruit every year and end up getting him most years.
They're not going to write a guy off because he has a single mother. Zion came from a single mom.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Northeast..ya original was was about recruiting. Kyrie from jersey and went to Duke. UNC doesn't do black kids from this area alot
That's because the demographics have changed. The best ballplayers are from the South and the West now.
Hell, even the Midwest got more ballers than NYC and the Northeast.
Most of those black families up there with star player sons moved long time ago.

Supersav

Rising Star
Registered
That's because the demographics have changed. The best ballplayers are from the South and the West now.
Hell, even the Midwest got more ballers than NYC and the Northeast.
Most of those black families up there with star player sons moved long time ago.
Sending a kid to oak hill or the south for prep doesn't change that the kid is from NYC lol

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sending a kid to oak hill or the south for prep doesn't change that the kid is from NYC lol
And just to disprove your point, UNC landed Cole Anthony who's from NYC.
They do recruit up there if a dude is really balling like that. It's just fewer to pick from up there.
Only reason Cole Anthony was still in NYC and hadn't moved was because his dad was an NBA player and can afford to live there.

Supersav

Rising Star
Registered
And just to disprove your point, UNC landed Cole Anthony who's from NYC.
They do recruit up there if a dude is really balling like that. It's just fewer to pick from up there.
Only reason Cole Anthony was still in NYC and hadn't moved was because his dad was an NBA player and can afford to live there.
Stop it...cole is the son of a former nba player with a white mom. My point is they don't recruit inner city kids