Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We gave you the blueprints, what’s up with that fast @playahaitian

200.gif

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Goal is to get to 185 and tone up.

I don't havea gallbladder though soI hope fasting doesn't screw anything up.

I snack on non salted peanuts once inb

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Ugh I wish I could do this.

It’s not as difficult as it may seem. You just need to learn the right foods to eat and when. For example, make sure your last meal before your fast each day is high in protein, greens, and a healthy fat. That fat is critically important as it satiates your hunger. So a last meal at 6PM with salmon, greens, and a whole avocado will hold you done until noon the next day.

That said, if you’re the type of person who stays on the go or doesn’t have a regular schedule, then intermittent fasting is a lot more difficult.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn 5 days? o_O
It's not impossible. Anybody can do it. Like gil scott heron say, "ain't no such thing as a superman". Most of us eat way more than we need. And then there is the issue of bad nutrition and pollution. I heard of people fadting 60 days. Matter i seen video of one brotha that went over 120 days but he was really fat, and could sustain himself (fasting fatman).

Even if your skinny you carrying about 25% body fat. Most waterfasting is about reclaiming your health, not weight loss, but it does do that like nobody's business. That why people with all types of cancers do it. It ain't easy, but it is doable. The benefits are tremendous ( look up autophagy & fadting). The body heals its self. Fasting gives a better opportunity to do just that. Boxers do before s fight to drop weight, get clarity, and be at their best athletically.

Look "A Healthy Alternative". Look at videos of everyday people in all kinds of circumstances heal themselves. If you ever get really sick remember this. A healthy Alternative has free information on there website to walk you thru a waterfast. They on youtube facebook & instagram.

P.S. i do heavy, demanding manual labour. I was having back pain and would have to keep stretch to get relief. I worked today with the greatest of ease. I am able to move freely in my body again. I'm getting even stronger, and more flexible day by day. It ain't easy but it is doable.

Last edited:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
It's not impossible. Anybody can do it. Like gil scott heron say, "ain't no such thing as a superman". Most of us eat way more than we need. And then there is the issue of bad nutrition and pollution. I heard of people fadting 60 days. Matter i seen video of one brotha that went over 120 days but he was really fat, and could sustain himself (fasting fatman).

Even if your skinny you carrying about 25% body fat. Most waterfasting is about reclaiming your health, not weight loss, but it does do that like nobody's business. That why people with all types of cancers do it. It ain't easy, but it is doable. The benefits are tremendous ( look up autophagy & fadting). The body heals its self. Fasting gives a better opportunity to do just that. Boxers do before s fight to drop weight, get clarity, and be at their best athletically.

Look "A Healthy Alternative". Look at videos of everyday people in all kinds of circumstances heal themselves. If you ever get really sick remember this. A healthy Alternative has free information on there website to walk you thru a waterfast. They on youtube facebook & instagram.

P.S. i do heavy, demanding manual labour. I was having back pain and would have to keep stretch to get relief. I worked today with the greatest of ease. I am able to move freely in my body again. I'm getting even stronger, and more flexible day by day. It ain't easy but it is doable.

:cool:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quick question and much success to everyone who is living a healthy life incorporating intermittent fasting..

I gained some weight during Covid because I am working from home full time....This is unacceptable lol

I been doing fasting for many years, but I normally do 16-8...I want to try 18 -6 for a few weeks doing a smoothie diet (low sugar fruits, green stuff, and vegan protein powder)...

My questions are below:

1. I am doing a fasted workout in the mornings that last about 50 minutes (Heat Extreme Workout). Is it ok to take BCAA's so that I won't lose any muscle?

2. In the afternoons, I would like to do some sort of dumbell workout for no longer than 30 minutes. Any recommendations?

Thanks

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Quick question and much success to everyone who is living a healthy life incorporating intermittent fasting..

I gained some weight during Covid because I am working from home full time....This is unacceptable lol

I been doing fasting for many years, but I normally do 16-8...I want to try 18 -6 for a few weeks doing a smoothie diet (low sugar fruits, green stuff, and vegan protein powder)...

My questions are below:

1. I am doing a fasted workout in the mornings that last about 50 minutes (Heat Extreme Workout). Is it ok to take BCAA's so that I won't lose any muscle?

2. In the afternoons, I would like to do some sort of dumbell workout for no longer than 30 minutes. Any recommendations?

Thanks

I think BCAAs break your fast since they’re synthesized as protein and cause your body to release insulin.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My questions are below:

Thanks

If you are ONLY doing intermittent fasting you won't lose muscle, because you are not fasting long enough for that to happen. Your body will use it's protein only when it has run out of body fat for fuel. By then your no longer in the fasting state but in the starvation state, which would take a really long time. You don't need the BCAA. that defeats the whole purpose of fasting. You can have the BCAA during your feeding window, but you really don't need them for fear of losing muscle or to build muscle. Too much protein can hurt you as well (liver damage).

I just finished 10 days water fasting last week. I drop fat, not muscle. I actually got stronger and more flexible. I worked out everyday except those last couple days. Working out made the healing reaction ease up. But my understanding is if you workout during water fast you losing water weight & all over body fat. Where as if you rest and only do a little exercise you burning visceral fat (that gut). You have to see what works for you. IM is not that deep, and is really easy. You won't deplete your protein. If that does happen something else is wrong.

Look up the kettlebell 300 hundred for a good weight lifting workout. Look in the fitness thread here on BG.

Last i used this to test my urine for any problems during my fast:

maxresdefault.jpg

Not once was protein detected in my urine. I had boku ketones from burning fat and the specific gravity test implied i wasn't drinking enough water but that was it. The other 8 markers were normal and that's 10 days without eating nothing. I still had plenty body fat to spare. I was no where near starving. I just got tired of that acetate taste on my tongue (byproduct of ketosis => body burning fat). I never weighed myself b/c i didn't do it to lose weight. I feel great now. I reset my whole digestive system. My skin tone look real healthy. Good luck to you bruh. I encourage you to do your research so that you know exactly What IM or any kind of fasting is doing while you on it.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah that's all I drink in the mornings also...Somedays I been going to 4 or 5 and eating between 4/5 - 9

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Coffee in the AM is that black coffee only...No sweeteners?

Yes. Even then, natural black coffee still has a couple of carbs and calories in it, but usually not enough to break your fast or spike your insulin.

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Ramadan Mubarak! This is a good time to explore or experiment with intermittent fasting, even if you aren’t Muslim. Try refraining from food from sun-up til sun-down or maybe even try OMAD after sun-down or before sun-up.

Refraining from water or any other drink is more if a challenge that I wouldn’t initially encourage.

UNSEEN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What if you have to take some medication that requires you to eat something?.can you break your fast?.

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
What if you have to take some medication that requires you to eat something?.can you break your fast?.

No, but it sort of depends on why you’re fasting. Is it for insulin resistance/ weight loss, autophagy, hgh, digestive and general health, spiritual or religious reasons, or what?

If you’re doing it to combat insulin resistance and for weight loss but must eat something, then try taking the medication with a fat. Like a spoonful of sour cream or something. Proteins and carbs invoke an insulin response from your body; fats do not.