Joe Biden is now POTUS

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I usually back the media well except for farts news Oh excuse me Fox News but I point the finger at them for not pointing this stuff out along time ago.

They (and 74 millions Americans)won't. Trump represented everything they hated about Obama and us, even if it meant to close a blind eye to all of his transgressions (racist rhetoric, bankruptcies, infidelity, misogynistic views)

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
None of these clowns are "mine" I don't play in this system. So why were the Dems negotiating with themselves and the bill we end up with is watered down with less money for these people who desperately need it?

People think the democrat party is one big thing and its not...its left in the political spectrum but democrats are left leaning to varying degrees.

The Super Progressives
  • Very liberal on economic and identity/cultural issues, anti-establishment. (Anti-establishment is a very fuzzy term, but in this piece, what I’m referring to is people who see part of their role as not just attacking Republicans, but also highlighting what they see as shortcomings of the Democratic Party itself.)
  • Prominent examples: Ocasio-Cortez , Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rep. Mark Pocan of Wisconsin, Rep. Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan.
The Very Progressives
  • Very liberal on economic issues, fairly liberal on identity issues, skeptical of the Democratic establishment.
  • Prominent examples: Bill de Blasio, Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren.
The Progressive New Guard
  • Liberal on both economic and identity issues but also somewhat concerned about the “electability” of candidates and the appeal of ideas to the political center; generally rose to prominence after Barack Obama was elected president.
  • Prominent examples: Stacey Abrams, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Julian Castro, Kamala Harris, Jay Inslee, Beto O’Rourke.
The Progressive Old Guard
  • Solidly center-left on both economic and identity issues, but very concerned about the “electability” of candidates and the appeal of ideas to the political center; generally rose to prominence before Obama was elected president.
  • Prominent examples: Joe Biden, Cuomo, Dianne Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer.
The Moderates
  • More conservative and business-friendly than other Democrats on economic policies; somewhat liberal on cultural issues; anti-establishment.
  • Prominent examples: Rep. Josh Gottheimer of New Jersey, Rep. Conor Lamb of Pennsylvania, Rep. Abigail Spanberger of Virginia.
Conservative Democrats

The conservatives are ALWAYS gonna drag their heals on ANYTHING thats fiscal....they were ones that drug out getting Obamacare done...

I guarantee you the mods and cons are the ones watering it down.

Last edited:
Reactions: BKF

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
None of these clowns are "mine" I don't play in this system. So why were the Dems negotiating with themselves and the bill we end up with is watered down with less money for these people who desperately need it?

You still havent told me what this bill would like of your republicans would have won.

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This is crazy....just imagine how minds were changed because of not one single promises made to this community, but because well, they just wanted Trump...a whole 8 votes for Biden....

Last edited:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
They (and 74 millions Americans)won't. Trump represented everything they hated about Obama and us, even if it meant to close a blind eye to all of his transgressions (racist rhetoric, bankruptcies, infidelity, misogynistic views)
35 to 40% of this country is for racist that is true but when everybody vote is not enough for them to put Trump in to office again if everyone votes.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is crazy....just imagine how minds were changed because of not one single promises made to this community, but because well, they just wanted Trump...a whole 8 votes for Biden....

I want my 4 billion back:angry:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's all about who they believe will bets support Israel and their policies.
it all makes sense once you factor some things trump did...

Much of what Trump has bestowed on Israel has been rhetorical or symbolic in nature. In December 2017, Trump extended official U.S. recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and in May 2018, a new U.S. Embassy was unveiled in the city. In 2019, Trump signed a presidential proclamation affording recognition of Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights, and U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo signed a declaration that the “establishment of Israeli civilian settlements in the West Bank is not per se inconsistent with international law.” Last week, Pompeo announced that Israeli citizens born in Jerusalem could now elect to list their place of birth as “Israel” in U.S. consular documents.

The recent conclusion of the Abraham Accords, which normalized Israel’s relations with the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, formalized and expanded an entente that had been fast-tracked already amid the dangers of an ascendant Iran. Trump’s determination—and sweeteners that he may have provided—to close this deal and a subsequent one with Sudan appears to have played a pivotal role as well.

More importantly for Israel, this newly tailored diplomatic paradigm has effectively revoked a de facto Palestinian “veto over peace and progress in our region,” in Netanyahu’s words, with a new cohort of Arab states prepared suddenly to reach agreements with Israel despite the stalemate in its conflict with the Palestinians.

On the flipside, Israel has not been spared tangible fallout from Trump’s erratic conduct of global affairs. In May 2017, an indiscreet Trump raised hackles in Israel when he shared privileged Israeli intelligence with Russia.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Oh really

Trump's administration accidentally left behind a huge gift for Joe Biden: report

Tom Boggioni
March 14, 2021

According to a report from Politico, the COVID-19 aid bill recently passed by Democrats and signed by President Joe Biden got an assist from former President Donald Trump's administration that left behind a pile of cash that is already being distributed to struggling Americans this weekend.

The $1.9 trillion aid package passed without one Republican Senate vote -- with GOP senators bashing it because Democrats hold a majority that allowed them to pass it without their help -- is highly popular with voters and the ability to immediately disperse the money will likely pay dividends for Democrats down the line.

As Politico's Victoria Guida wrote, "The Treasury has a cash pile of well over $1 trillion, which will allow the government to quickly disburse money in line with the sweeping new law, including direct checks to millions of Americans that are expected to start hitting bank accounts in the coming week," adding, "That robust rainy-day fund was built last year by then-Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who preemptively cranked up the pace of government borrowing, unsure of how and when Congress might mandate further relief measures."

As the report notes, Mnuchin was amassing the cash in case Trump's administration and Senate Republicans pushed through their own package -- a move that could that could have helped the ex-president's popularity prior to the November election.

"Treasury always has to have enough cash on hand to fund immediate government spending obligations, which it keeps as deposits at the Federal Reserve. But those funds more than quadrupled in 2020," Guida explained. "When Biden took office, Treasury's deposits at the Fed stood at about $1.6 trillion, compared to $400 billion in 2019, and Treasury is expected to burn through about $1 trillion of that already-borrowed cash to help fund the relief package."

According to Seth Carpenter, chief U.S. economist at UBS, "That is $1 trillion of money that the Treasury does not have to borrow this year."

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's all about who they believe will bests support Israel and it's policies.
I think that might be the poorest area in America. I remember the zip code with the most people on government assistance is an all Hasidic area in New York.

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
it all makes sense once you factor some things trump did...

Much of what Trump has bestowed on Israel has been rhetorical or symbolic in nature. In December 2017, Trump extended official U.S. recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and in May 2018, a new U.S. Embassy was unveiled in the city. In 2019, Trump signed a presidential proclamation affording recognition of Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights, and U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo signed a declaration that the “establishment of Israeli civilian settlements in the West Bank is not per se inconsistent with international law.” Last week, Pompeo announced that Israeli citizens born in Jerusalem could now elect to list their place of birth as “Israel” in U.S. consular documents.

The recent conclusion of the Abraham Accords, which normalized Israel’s relations with the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, formalized and expanded an entente that had been fast-tracked already amid the dangers of an ascendant Iran. Trump’s determination—and sweeteners that he may have provided—to close this deal and a subsequent one with Sudan appears to have played a pivotal role as well.

More importantly for Israel, this newly tailored diplomatic paradigm has effectively revoked a de facto Palestinian “veto over peace and progress in our region,” in Netanyahu’s words, with a new cohort of Arab states prepared suddenly to reach agreements with Israel despite the stalemate in its conflict with the Palestinians.

On the flipside, Israel has not been spared tangible fallout from Trump’s erratic conduct of global affairs. In May 2017, an indiscreet Trump raised hackles in Israel when he shared privileged Israeli intelligence with Russia.

This is one of the reasons we're where we are today. American has been taking care of everyone else but Americans. Almost every single country in the world has benefited from our coffers. Each president outdid the previous one on Aid to countries that can't do anything back for us. Israel has been on America's titties since it's creation. I hope Biden is modest about his foreign spending. There won't any need for a stimulus check if things were done right by any administration. Congress won't stop this bleeding because they suck up to this particular country or its people in America or in congress.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I usually back the media well except for farts news Oh excuse me Fox News but I point the finger at them for not pointing this stuff out along time ago.
It's not their job to exclusively revise the paperwork and validate the $$ claims. Maybe through investigative journalism, however, we have federal and state agencies/regulators that are lax with this when it comes to the wealthy and white. They look at their claims, zeroes and comas with selectivity and believability without the verification standards in place for all. System is rigged and the regulators don't always follow-up and through as necessary.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
158955725_10215856943491263_3096444393765119473_o.jpg

easy_b

BGOL Investor

That is exactly what they doing. I know one or two of you are kind of funny on both parties but for the most part Democrats do try to look out for the regular people. It makes a whole lot of sense to give stimulus to the middle class and the working poor because they will spend it. The rich will still get rich off of the products the poor and middle-class would buy with the stimulus. A trickle up economy works better in the United States then the trickle down

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Big ups the Atlanta (I am sorry Fulton County) district attorney her case just got a whole lot bigger

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
The recording of Trump and Georgia officials was found in the trash of investigator's laptop: CNN

Sarah K. Burris
March 14, 2021
image.jpg

Donald Trump on the phone in Air Force One (Official White House Photo by Shealah Craighead)

The Dec. 23 recording of the call between former President Donald Trump and investigator Frances Watson was almost thrown away, according to a CNN report.

The audio file, which was released to the public this week, "was discovered as the Georgia Secretary of State's Office responded to a public records request," said CNN. "State officials had previously told CNN that they did not think that audio of the December call from Trump to Watson existed."
Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis sent letters to main Georgia officials asking them to preserve all documents, but Watson had moved it to her computer "trash."

"It is still not clear why Watson moved the audio of the call to her trash folder," but Watson told WSB-TV reporter Mark Winne that "even though she was surprised Trump called her, she did not perceive any pressure from his phone call."

She said that she recorded it because it isn't every day someone gets a call from the president of the United States.

"It is something that is not expected, as I mentioned in the call you know I was shocked that he would take the time to do that," Watson said.
As the call went along, Trump said that he hoped "we" could win the state of Georgia, and "you have the most important job in the country right now."

Audio starts at 0:45 mark

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

did you watch the video? She said to elect more progressive to congress. I have a post that breaks down the different factions within the democrat party.. those factions have conflicting interests and priorities. The trick is to get the leverage and compromise within the party (hence why you saw it play the way it did with the stimulus and obamacare during obamas term)

its naive to think just becuz the dems control the whitehouse and congress its all locked up and before people start bringing up how trump and the GOP ran roughshod over shit.. remember that he did his damndest to dismantle obamacare and couldn't largely because not all the reps were in agreement on how to bring it down (mccain). This is the political landscape we have to deal with. The struggle doesn't end with the vote.

Last edited:

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
It's not their job to exclusively revise the paperwork and validate the $$ claims. Maybe through investigative journalism, however, we have federal and state agencies/regulators that are lax with this when it comes to the wealthy and white. They look at their claims, zeroes and comas with selectivity and believability without the verification standards in place for all. System is rigged and the regulators don't always follow-up and through as necessary.
well hopefully ro khanna bill gets looked at seriously.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
well hopefully ro khanna bill gets looked at seriously.
Agreed, but it's also up to the Agency heads to include in their prioritization plans at some point. There are risks everywhere and to exempt or bypass due to lack of funding sounds like they're not doing all they can.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor

Black liberals

BGOL.

We got a really good thread about politics going and we have dudes like this and 2 or 3 others that come in to try and derail it. Don't give dude any of your energy......this post is a perfect example of what he's trying to do. It's to get a reaction and argument instead of really discussing politics and the Biden Administration.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
BGOL.

We got a really good thread about politics going and we have dudes like this and 2 or 3 others that come in to try and derail it. Don't give dude any of your energy......this post is a perfect example of what he's trying to do. It's to get a reaction and argument instead of really discussing politics and the Biden Administration.

tenor.gif

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

The fact is in order to have power over people you need them to stay hungry, divided, and poor that's what Repubs want cause that's how they maintain power. Now the last couple of stimulus packages gave people enough to keep them happy but it kept people hungry, divided, and poor and gave rich people, big corporations(DONORS) and overseas interest money they didn't need, that's why they were opposed to this stimulus package cause that didn't happen, the cost was never the issue

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Stop crying...it's ok if someone has a different opinion..y'all wanna jerk each other off on being super democrats without any differing views

The dude keeps trying and I'm just going to keep pointing it out. He's not trying to have a discussion he's hoping to derail this into an argument so what he does is he will have attitude in his answers.

Don't take the bait.