WandaVision | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I beg to differ, ive spent a majority of my life consuming this type of entertainment. This is definitely my bag. The first 2 episodes arent boring theyre useless filler. Without 1 of those episodes show still makes sense.
I would respond with thats its the consumerist mindset that things should be liked and hyped because they are a popular brand
Hes right i skipped the first two episodes for that very reason. I got every thing I needed to know from episode 1 and 2 recaps that preceded episode 3

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Intriguing Comics History Behind that WandaVision Credits Reveal
By Nola Pfau

35534c3c9722737314445b7823e9815f34-wandavision-vision-lede.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

We know that Wanda’s creations can’t exist outside of her hex bubble, but what if one of those creations is given a corporeal form from outside the bubble to inhabit? Photo: Marvel Studios

Caution: Spoilers ahead for the ending reveal of episode 8 of WandaVision.

One of the more interesting things about watching new Marvel Comics adaptations hit the screen is seeing how they remix elements of classic comic stories in fresh new ways. The MCU’s first series for Disney+, Wandavision, hasn’t disappointed in that regard, whether playing with the franchising shenanigans of multiple Quicksilver castings or introducing the young (and then quickly not so young) twins Billy and Tommy.

Episode eight’s mid-credits scene was no different. At the very end of “Previously On,” viewers were treated to the sight of what appeared to be Vision’s reassembled original body, now pure white, as it was activated by S.W.O.R.D. director Tyler Hayward. This form of Vision has a comics history of its own, as a creation by John Byrne meant to specifically distance the character from his relationship with Wanda; there, it was the result of a disassembly, complete with his original programming being erased. When he was restored shortly after, it was without the emotional components copied from fellow Avenger Wonder Man, resulting in a colder, more robotic personality.
Well, it's a nice day for a White Vision. Marvel Studios/Marvel.\

It was a somewhat misogynistic story line, one that heaped trauma and mental instability upon Wanda, forcing her to endure the loss of her children and her husband, followed by the reveal that those things had never been real to begin with but rather illusions born of her desires. Vision would eventually be restored to his normal form, but the damage was done, and so was his relationship with Wanda. He went back to being a regular superhero, while Wanda was demonized for her struggles with mental health, written as a sobbing, hysterical stereotype who committed progressively horrific crimes as the years passed.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has already started to adapt that aspect of her character, what with the events of Captain America: Civil War and Wanda’s subsequent house arrest, followed by a turn as a fugitive. It’s hard to say where character arcs will go once the series concludes, but WandaVision, at least, seems to be putting work into giving Wanda a sense of agency. Make no mistake, her usurpation of the lives of Westview’s residents is still an act to be condemned, but it’s a far cry from some of the atrocities her comic-book counterpart has been responsible for. Additionally, while it’s true that she’s still created illusory children, she’s aware of this. That’s a significant point; no longer are these simply things happening to her; they’re manifested extensions of her attempts to process an immense amount of grief. Similarly, what seemed early in the season to be a violation of Vision’s explicit wishes upon his death turned out not to be the case; as “Previously On” confirms, the Vision that exists inside of her hex bubble around Westview is born entirely of her memory and power, created from thin air.

This manipulation of the classic story involving the Vision’s reassembly and reactivation is perhaps the most fascinating thing the show has done so far. It seems, almost, to flip the entire concept on its head; instead of creating a Vision without a personality specifically to separate the couple, WandaVision has now given us Vision’s repaired and reactivated body, as well as a fully intact Vision personality. It’s hard to say what will happen when the two meet, as it raises a multitude of questions.

For instance: We know from Vision’s futile attempt to break out in “All-New Halloween Spooktacular!” that Wanda’s creations can’t exist outside her hex bubble, but what if one of those creations is given a corporeal form from outside the bubble to inhabit? If that becomes possible, then what does it mean for the couple’s twins? Given the enormous amount of power Wanda is expending in order to maintain this bubble (and the way it’s clearly fraying as a result), is it possible she could narrow her focus to just the twins in this week’s final episode? Granted, it would be a heretofore unseen level of ability in the MCU (outside the use of the Infinity Gauntlet, anyway), but given that she’s already doing that inside of a bubble, there’s no reason given thus far that a narrower focus wouldn’t result in a much more stable, long-term outcome.

As previously mentioned, the casting of several Young Avengers characters across various Marvel movies and shows indicates that Disney may be planning a franchise centered on them as a team in the future. In the comics, Billy and Tommy were early members of that team. Could it be possible that the ultimate purpose of WandaVision is to not only restore Vision to life but to introduce another pair of new, young heroes for the MCU? It’ll certainly be fun to find out.

812a7e9962440a93cac972d96d377bb79c-whitevision.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Just hope after reading all these crazy fan theories that sound AMAZING I'm not too let down by the final episode...

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
It was...satisfying yet incomplete.

I think a lot of the problem was that there were so many fan theories and "leaks" that people were convinced we would see Reed Richards, Dr. Strange, Nightmare, Dormamu, Mephisto, or some other baddie or hero show up when really there wasn't much room for them. Yes, they could have appeared but you couldn't do them justice really due to the runtime of the show and all the shit already on the table.

Anyway, it was entertaining and expository - cleared up a few storylines and coalesced some into firm plotlines.

All in all, it served it's purpose which is to get folks to subscribe to Disney+ and to get asses in the theater for the next movies.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
What was that final final scene at the very end at the cabin?

I think it's her astral self reading that book from AOS and learning spells and shit while her corporeal form drinks coffee. Then her astral self hears her kid's voices, or what may be her kid's voices, and, well, we don't know. Could it be that her kids actually exist? I think in the comics her kids were products of her magic and Mephisto's magic or something like that so we'll have to see.

But like I said, it accomplished its purpose which was to increase subscriptions to Disney+ and create a bigger hunger for the movies.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Loved the series from start to finish. Now I can enjoy my fridays without worrying about folks with no self control spoiling things on the internet. And folks who just want fights and shooting can enjoy Falcon up next and stop bitching. Marvel told us upfront what it was and told their story from start to finish. And after 3 phases we know that pieces all connect. So I don't get the impatience. Enjoy these visual comic books. That is all.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Loved the finale.

Just loved it.

Finally got to see Vision do some cool shit.

The fan theory videos are a mistake. Thats the lesson here. Once i stopped watching them i could appreciate the show for what it was. Its a family show. I swear watching that episode made me think of my own family.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Loved the finale.

Just loved it.

Finally got to see Vision do some cool shit.

The fan theory videos are a mistake. Thats the lesson here. Once i stopped watching them i could appreciate the show for what it was. Its a family show. I swear watching that episode made me think of my own family.
I feel you but the theory videos didn't start with Wandavision. They been doin these since Iron Man. They didn't ruin anything for me

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Guess we'll be seeing Nick Fury in Captain Marvel 2.

Interesting that the witch said that Wanda will be more powerful than the sorcerer supreme. She probably will get to that point in Doctor Strange 2.

It has to be Blue Marvel. Because Nick Fury has meet Monica and why wouldn’t he just reach out himself? He’s been knowing her since she was a kid.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think it's her astral self reading that book from AOS and learning spells and shit while her corporeal form drinks coffee. Then her astral self hears her kid's voices, or what may be her kid's voices, and, well, we don't know. Could it be that her kids actually exist? I think in the comics her kids were products of her magic and Mephisto's magic or something like that so we'll have to see.

But like I said, it accomplished its purpose which was to increase subscriptions to Disney+ and create a bigger hunger for the movies.
If she's in contact with the Darkhold than unless they change the movie from the comic books she'll be influenced by Cthon not Mephisto. Cthon is sort of like Dormmamu.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I feel you but the theory videos didn't start with Wandavision. They been doin these since Iron Man. They didn't ruin anything for me

I hear you.

Its different for a movie because its a one time experience.

With this show every single shot was examined and people thought it was leading to a clue or a surprise character cameo, and its every single week.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It has to be Blue Marvel. Because Nick Fury has meet Monica and why wouldn’t he just reach out himself? He’s been knowing her since she was a kid.

It's Nick Fury.... He could have simply gave Tony's glasses to Peter also...

But he's been working on The S.W.O.R.D. station since Spider-Man....

Preparing for a "Secret Invasion"...

Now I'm hoping Monica is added to the cast of Secret Invasion...

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
What was that final final scene at the very end at the cabin?
Wanda has split herself into 2 personas, regular ass Wanda and super Witch Wanda.

Super witch realized her kids are in an alternate dimension.

Shes gonna crack the dimensional barrier tryin to find them.