WandaVision | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Daredevil mentioned Avengers all the time. Yea they weren't led by the same folks and I think they realized that disconnect was an issue. So going forward I see them fixing those characters and bringing them back.
Yeah daredevil and the Netflix shows always kind of hinted at the avengers but they didn't get too specific ever.

As far as everything being under Feige now that's gonna fix a lot of the continuity issues. As far as recasting goes, I'd only get rid of iron fist. He should have been played by a a Chinese (or Japanese, whatever ethnicity the person is) that has been Americanized... those cultures look at them just as much an outsider as they do full blooded Americans... marvel should have addressed that right from the jump...

Luke Cage was cast ok, although he looks so unathletic and awkward doing anything physical (that nfl combine episode with jemele Hill was TERRIBLE and showed that), Jessica Jones is cast good, kingpin is PERFECT... Vincent D'onforio is perfect for that role... and Daredevil Is cast perfect as well...

They fix iron fist and we got a winner

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Yeah daredevil and the Netflix shows always kind of hinted at the avengers but they didn't get too specific ever.

As far as everything being under Feige now that's gonna fix a lot of the continuity issues. As far as recasting goes, I'd only get rid of iron fist. He should have been played by a a Chinese (or Japanese, whatever ethnicity the person is) that has been Americanized... those cultures look at them just as much an outsider as they do full blooded Americans... marvel should have addressed that right from the jump...

Luke Cage was cast ok, although he looks so unathletic and awkward doing anything physical (that nfl combine episode with jemele Hill was TERRIBLE and showed that), Jessica Jones is cast good, kingpin is PERFECT... Vincent D'onforio is perfect for that role... and Daredevil Is cast perfect as well...

Agreed. Or at least a white boy who has a dash of Asian in him lol

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I mean... Lets not pretend that its all the same people at the head of all these shows.

The Netflix shows were their own thing. Not connected to the MCU in any way.

AoS tried to connect in a couple of their storylines.

Inhumans had nothing to do with the MCU.
The netflix series kind of connected because in the luke cage series they often mentioned the manhattan invasion from the first avengers flick. One kid was selling dvd footage recordings on the corner.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

I knew y'all would be on that "he shouldve been played by an Asian" even though iron fist is is white in the comics. So I guess because the actor is asian he would be better at martial Arts in?Its just a tv show, chill. Im in the minority of people who actually liked iron fist. I liked the story iron fist shouldve had a costume though. They hinted at it when they showed a flash back of an iron fist from the 1940s

spider705

BGOL Investor
I knew y'all would be on that "he shouldve been played by an Asian" even though iron fist is is white in the comics. So I guess because the actor is asian he would be better at martial Arts in?Its just a tv show, chill. Im in the minority of people who actually liked iron fist. I liked the story iron fist shouldve had a costume though. They hinted at it when they showed a flash back of an iron fist from the 1940s

First I didn't say that I didn't like Iron Fist THE SHOW... I said the character of iron fist's casting was terrible.

Yes I do believe he should have been played by an Asian actor in spite of what the comics said. It's not the first time nor will it be the last time that a person is recast a different ethnicity from that in a comic.

As far as the bigoted comment about him being better at karate because he's Chinese, that's an irrelevant point and ignorant assumption. I'm sure there are white actors out there that have studied the arts and would have been just as good if not better in that role than the person that was cast. That lil dude from the twilight series, Taylor Lautner immediately comes to mind.. Paul Walker would have been good too but he's no longer with us... hell even Ashton Kutcher is there, seeing as he too is an accomplished martial artist...

there were other choices out there that, in my opinion, would have better than Finn Jones.

Last edited:

spider705

BGOL Investor
Agreed. Or at least a white boy who has a dash of Asian in him lol
One of the dudes that was down to the final cuts is a guy named Lewis Tan... he was so good in his audition that they called him back to have a small villain role later on in the show's first season.

He is a martial artist, decent actor, and I believe he's a half breed.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man that shit was awful... Lol
giphy.gif

Hopefully Ms. Marvel is used to reintroduce the Inhumans into the MCU...

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered

I liked Iron Fist

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

WandaVision Theory: Westview's Big Guest Star Has Been Here All Along
WandaVision's new star could open many doors for the MCU, but they may also be another Westview citizen forced into a new identity.

BY CAITLIN CHAPPELL15 HOURS AGO
WARNING: The following contains spoilers for WandaVision Episode 5, "On a Very Special Episode...," now streaming on Disney+.

WandaVision's
"On a Very Special Episode..." lived up up to its title by bringing in Evan Peters as Pietro Maximoff. Peters was Quicksilver in Fox's X-Men franchise, making him the first actor from that cinematic universe to cross over into the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a potentially new version of his character; however, who this Pietro is remains unclear, and there is a possibility that Peters' character isn't even Pietro; instead, he could be another citizen of Westview.

Continue Scrolling To Keep ReadingClick the button below to start this article in quick view.

WandaVision-Evan-Peters-Pietro.jpg

In this new reality, Westview residents have had their minds altered, forcing them to take on new personalities and names. Episode 4, "We Interrupt This Program," proved this, with S.W.O.R.D. uncovering the true identities of several characters. There have also been moments throughout the series that show Westview residents either don't know what's happening or they are aware of the fact that they've lost their free will, as seen in Episode 5.

As Vision taps into Norm's mind, Norm becomes his true self, and he is distraught over the fact that someone else is forcing him to be a new person. With many Westview citizens likely in the same position, it wouldn't be a surprise to learn that Pietro is another resident who's being forced to play a role in Wanda's suburban fantasy.

RELATED:WandaVision's Kat Dennings Is In For A Jimmy Woo Spinoff Series

After all, he is clearly not the Pietro from the MCU. Darcy Lewis acknowledges this, remarking that Wanda recast her brother. The MCU has had a handful of characters recast before, like James Rhodes and Bruce Banner; however, the films have not directly addressed this. WandaVision, on the other hand, calls out the fact that this Pietro is different from the original MCU Pietro, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson. While this could be another moment of Darcy representing the viewers, acknowledging in-universe that this is a different version of Wanda's brother could mean he isn't even Pietro.

Wanda-and-Pietro-Maximoff-in-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron.jpg

Instead, he could be a resident who hasn't been featured in this sitcom until now. As seen with Monica's Geraldine, not everyone starts off as featured character, but they may eventually earn a chance to step into the spotlight, developing a name and personality that suits Wanda's fantasy. Having someone play her brother wouldn't be out of the question, especially since she was grieving over Pietro in Episode 3 and talking about him to her sons in Episode 5.

Even Wanda is shocked by his arrival, which further supports this theory. Wanda could simply be surprised that her dead brother is alive; however, it isn't until Pietro says he is her brother that Wanda accepts this as fact. Perhaps she didn't recognize him because he was formerly one of the residents Wanda had yet to encounter until now.

RELATED:Marvel Appears To Be Considering The Jimmy Woo X-Files Series We All Want

While the fake sitcom has a core cast of named characters, the town of Westview is bigger than that. It has a population of 3,892 people, and only a handful have had speaking roles in this sitcom reality. The few featured residents are present because they serve Wanda and Vision's narrative, and with the role of Wanda's brother open, a new resident needed to take that position, having their identity altered to suit the sitcom's story.

Furthermore, it's established in Episode 5 that everything in Westview is real, and Wanda has been changing reality, but she needs a physical being or object to work with. For instance, she needed Monica's bullet-proof vest to make into period appropriate clothing. In a more extreme case, she needed Vision's body to have him alive in Westview. While it's unclear how Vision was resurrected, this principle could also apply to Pietro.

Given how long it's been since Avengers: Age of Ultron, Pietro's corpse is likely unaccessible to Wanda, so she couldn't bring him back. While someone else could be influencing Westview alongside Wanda, it's likely the same rules apply to them. Without Pietro's body, a Westview resident was needed to bring Quicksilver back into the MCU.

RELATED:WandaVision Finally Credits Characters' Creators

On the other hand, WandaVision has shown that living beings can be created within Westview, as is the case for Billy and Tommy. This could be the case for Pietro as well, with the mysterious force behind Westview creating him to appease Wanda. However, if he was created out of nothing, then he would've likely resembled his past self. Furthermore, if the show wanted this to be another case of the MCU simply recasting someone without changing who the character was, then it would've been best not to directly mention the recast in-universe.

WandaVision continues to be one of the MCU's more complex properties, and the introduction of Peters' Quicksilver is proof of that. His presence raises questions about the multiverse and mutants; however, he could simply be another Westview resident forced into a new identity, but nothing is simple in WandaVision.
Just started binging LOVING this show

WandaVision shows that Wanda resurrected Vision. Why didn't she resurrect Pietro, her literal twin brother?

We are told that Wanda stole Vision’s body from S.W.O.R.D. and used her powers to resurrect him. However, Wanda was only able to revive Vision because she found his physical body.

main-qimg-c3efa8f2e03ad97687288a5efda9a8eb

The only reason she didn’t do the same thing to Pietro was that she never found his body. Another thing to note is that eight years have passed since Ultron, and Pietro’s body would have decayed significantly.

main-qimg-5b05d635cb3218e25e2a2737fa4a75df

Because Wanda was unable to find Pietro’s original body, she had someone else play Pietro in her sitcom, effectively “recasting” her brother.

main-qimg-0817fffca8e62dc02aa1ff1258859360

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

WandaVision shows that Wanda resurrected Vision. Why didn't she resurrect Pietro, her literal twin brother?
We are told that Wanda stole Vision’s body from S.W.O.R.D. and used her powers to resurrect him. However, Wanda was only able to revive Vision because she found his physical body.

The only reason she didn’t do the same thing to Pietro was that she never found his body. Another thing to note is that eight years have passed since Ultron, and Pietro’s body would have decayed significantly.

Because Wanda was unable to find Pietro’s original body, she had someone else play Pietro in her sitcom, effectively “recasting” her brother.

She's not responsible for the new Pietro.....

After last episode she thought SWORD or the government brought him back....maybe Agatha did

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Steve Roger's carried Pietro's body 1:47m to the Helicarrier's life boat, Hawkeye sat next to his body when it left Sokovia.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered

Vision is a synthezoid. Easier to "resurrect."

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Daniel Wu or Lewis Tan should've been cast as Iron Fist. DD and JJ castings were good, Mike Colter was alright in terms of look for Luke Cage but not anything else beyond that. I would've preferred a black actor for Wilson Fisk aka Kingpin

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Steve Roger's carried Pietro's body 1:47m to the Helicarrier's life boat, Hawkeye sat next to his body when it left Sokovia.

Just noticed something.

All throughout the movie, Wanda was TK ripping the Ultron drones apart.

But when she felt her twin brother "die", she "disintergrated" the drones.

As in...removed them from reality.

It might be a clue as to how she created the WandaVision world & might get referenced in the show.

Seems like her grief gives her the power to alter reality. Would explain a lot.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
man this shit is wack they could have done it better by a 10000%

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Big part of the problem right now.

We wanna link this show to a bunch of big name characters when really its a more personal, self contained story.
Same deal with the CW's Arrowverse..seems to be focusing on the B & C-string characters :dunno: hopefully that will change when Superman & Lois premieres