Four people in Oregon who received both doses of vaccine test positive for coronavirus

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I find it crazy that I know Some folks who never had the flu shot but got this one
Okay. I'll keep it real. I never got a flu shot. And the reason was simple enough: I never get the flu. Or at least I never got the heavy duty version that some people do. And the flu, while it does kill some people, tends to kill people with outlying conditions that weren't mine. So I figured, what's the point? It's just wasting my time.

Conversely, this disease is killing people daily. On a large scale. We don't even know just how much yet, but it's a higher number than the flu, and the comorbidities hit a few categories I'm part of. Honestly, I wasn't going to vaccinate. But I figured:

1) With the way the old administration handled things, there was a good chance we might not have a full compliment of vaccine to go around. Better to get it while I had a chance .

2) I followed the science, and this vaccine doesn't seem to pose as big a threat as some people lay out. The risk of harm from was minimal compared to the chance for benefit.

3) I'm still going to practice all the precautions I already do, because it's not 100 percent effective, and you can still be a carrier to someone else.

In short, I've been working outside of my home for the entirety of this pandemic. We take all of the precaution we can, but it's still a risky situation, because we can't all have our own spaces. So I got tired of having to rely on and trust an entire room full of people not to do something risky or stupid, especially since I know some of them, and I don't trust them on a good day.

So based on that, I went ahead and took the shot(s). Oddly enough, it kinda made me rethink how I felt about flu shots. I'm probably more likely to take those now, too.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
White people flooding into black areas to get the vaccine because niggas too smart to take it. I got my first dose and no aliens or Bill Gates has tracked me down yet lmao.

thats the thing that is so frustrating
ppl quick to talk about the rare cases when someone faints or gets sick after the vaccine
but no one brings up the countless ppl that got the vax and are fine

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Okay. I'll keep it real. I never got a flu shot. And the reason was simple enough: I never get the flu. Or at least I never got the heavy duty version that some people do. And the flu, while it does kill some people, tends to kill people with outlying conditions that weren't mine. So I figured, what's the point? It's just wasting my time.

Conversely, this disease is killing people daily. On a large scale. We don't even know just how much yet, but it's a higher number than the flu, and the comorbidities hit a few categories I'm part of. Honestly, I wasn't going to vaccinate. But I figured:

1) With the way the old administration handled things, there was a good chance we might not have a full compliment of vaccine to go around. Better to get it while I had a chance .

2) I followed the science, and this vaccine doesn't seem to pose as big a threat as some people lay out. The risk of harm from was minimal compared to the chance for benefit.

3) I'm still going to practice all the precautions I already do, because it's not 100 percent effective, and you can still be a carrier to someone else.

In short, I've been working outside of my home for the entirety of this pandemic. We take all of the precaution we can, but it's still a risky situation, because we can't all have our own spaces. So I got tired of having to rely on and trust an entire room full of people not to do something risky or stupid, especially since I know some of them, and I don't trust them on a good day.

So based on that, I went ahead and took the shot(s). Oddly enough, it kinda made me rethink how I felt about flu shots. I'm probably more likely to take those now, too.
Same for me, I got tired of living in fear and worrying about everyone who I come in contact with. At least we now know the vaccine has trained our body to fight the virus if infected.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I find it crazy that I know Some folks who never had the flu shot but got this one

Back in November I got the flu shot for the first time in 5 years. Last time it was a mandatory part of my immigration application.

That's said I'm getting the flu shot every year here on and the coronavirus shot asap. This crisis has completely changed my mind about vaccines

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Glad you and fam got the vaccine. It's good to be able to see the other side of this fucking thing after a long, terrible year.
I got it too. Can't fuck around and get my children sick being selfish not taking it. Shit would kill me seeing them sick off my decision. Even if they got better.

Ll8aYN.jpg

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I got it too. Can't fuck around and get my children sick being selfish not taking it. Shit would kill me seeing them sick off my decision. Even if they got better.

Ll8aYN.jpg

I think about all the people that died before there was a vaccine and the families and loved ones that would give anything to have a vaccine that would have allowed them to still have them around. It's sad.

Good thing is the people that don't want to take it just means there is more availability for those that do.

I'm glad there was someone too smart to fall for the vaccine that made it possible for me to get mine.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I think about all the people that died before there was a vaccine and the families and loved ones that would give anything to have a vaccine that would have allowed them to still have them around. It's sad.

Good thing is the people that don't want to take it just means there is more availability for those that do.

I'm glad there was someone too smart to fall for the vaccine that made it possible for me to get mine.
Real talk bruh

wxGBUw.jpg

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
:smh: :smh:

Jersey Shore alum Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi has tested positive for Covid-19. The reality show star confirmed the news on Instagram on Sunday.
Link - https://deadline.com/2021/02/jersey...zzi-covid-19-coronavirus-positive-1234693777/

“Happy Valentine’s Day! This [one’s] a bit different,” she wrote in a caption that featured her in a mask. “I have Covid. I’ve been isolated in my room since I found out. My family & I have been super cautious & careful, so this is super scary.”

She continued, “My symptoms started out as just a bad sinus cold. Headache, stuffy nose & mild cough. Then I felt super tired and ended up napping all day which made me go get tested.”

She said that she currently feels “groggy” and admitted to losing her taste and smell on Saturday. “It’s fricken weird,” she added. “I had a greasy cheese pizza & couldn’t taste a damn thing. WHAT A SIN.”

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If this virus didn’t have extreme variance I would agree with you but since it does I don’t agree with your comment.
Man cut the bullshit. You are a conspiracy theorist who tried to Disguise themselves as someone who is science based.

You have been fear mongering for awhile now and ignoring every science based articles and dropping misinformation like crazy. Stop the bullshit and at least own it like @Mrfreddygoodbud

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man cut the bullshit. You are a conspiracy theorist who tried to Disguise themselves as someone who is science based.

You have been fear mongering for awhile now and ignoring every science based articles and dropping misinformation like crazy. Stop the bullshit and at least own it like @Mrfreddygoodbud

there needs to be a six month follow up check up thread.. the names of folks who took it,

the date they took it and the type of vaccine they took...

this way folks can learn from yall mistakes :lol:

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
How many of you anti vaxxers have kids?
False narrative. I always get the flu vaccine but I refuse to be test patient for these rushed mRNA vaccines. Do you know the difference? These are completely novel ways of vaccinating.

Shout out to Dr. Maurice Hilleman. The undisputed G.O.A.T.

Also are you self-censoring? "Vaxx?"

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had the flu 2 times and I almost died. I started taking the flu shot and didn't get sick. It was such a relief.

I am definitely trying to get this Covid vaccine when it is available to me.

That is just me. I am not telling anyone else what to do.

What I don't appreciate is the anti vac people on here talking shit. Do what works for you.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
False narrative. I always get the flu vaccine but I refuse to be test patient for these rushed mRNA vaccines. Do you know the difference? These are completely novel ways of vaccinating.

Shout out to Dr. Maurice Hilleman. The undisputed G.O.A.T.

Also are you self-censoring? "Vaxx?"
Yes I understand the difference
If the same science says it's safe then....

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Yes I understand the difference
If the same science says it's safe then....
It's a completely different methodology. mRNA vaccination research funding was completely driven by big pharma, who I'm sure you trust completley seeing as they have and always will be nothing but good faith actors. They've been researching this tech for literal decades. What are the chances they got this licked just as the Covid pandemic began (less than 10 months) ?

What do you mean by "same" science?

I'll wait a bit longer and just keep double making and wearing nitrile gloves l.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's a completely different methodology. mRNA vaccination research funding was completely driven by big pharma, who I'm sure you trust completley seeing as they have and always will be nothing but good faith actors. They've been researching this tech for literal decades. What are the chances they got this licked just as the Covid pandemic began (less than 10 months) ?

What do you mean by "same" science?

I'll wait a bit longer and just keep double making and wearing nitrile gloves l.
I'd say the chances are very good since we are now receiving it.

50+ years of coronavirus study gave them a good understanding of the virus and they didn't have to start from zero because they had a vaccine started for MERS. Take away the necessary fundraising because the government paid for everything. Multiple companies working on the same thing. Scientists sharing findings, collaborating, and working together and boom here we are.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I'd say the chances are very good since we are now receiving it.

50+ years of coronavirus study gave them a good understanding of the virus and they didn't have to start from zero because they had a vaccine started for MERS. Take away the necessary fundraising because the government paid for everything. Multiple companies working on the same thing. Scientists sharing findings, collaborating, and working together and boom here we are.
Exactly. Being misinformed gonna get some muthafuckas killed bruh. :smh:

9iI1LF.jpg