Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Stocks To Watch: Tesla Steps Up To S&P 500 Index, Big Banks Unleashed
Dec. 19, 2020 8:46 AM ET

12 comments

About: AbbVie Inc. (ABBV), ACI, AKUS, AMST, API, AVPMF, BLDR, BMHC, CRWD, CTAS, CVGW, CVS, CVX, CYBR, DOW, EPAC, FDS, FUSN, IBM, IPOB, IRM, KMX, LIXT, MRNA, OZON, PAYX, PM, PYPD, QLYS, SAIL, SFBS, SINA, T, TENB, TLS, VMAR, VRNS, WBA, ZS, BRK.A, GOOG, AAPL, KO, GS, NEM, ETN, GHC, MSGE, MRK, RBNHD, BAC, C, MS, WFC, TSLA
SA Stocks To Watch

Long/Short Equity, Special Situations, event-driven

Welcome to Seeking Alpha's Stocks to Watch - a preview of key events scheduled for the next week. Follow this account and turn the e-mail alert on to receive this article in your inbox every Saturday morning. A podcast of Stocks to Watch is also available on Sundays on Seeking Alpha, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher and Spotify (click the highlighted links).

It is a very light calendar ahead of the Christmas break with just a few earnings reports and no investor conferences at all. Vaccine news is likely as Moderna (NASDAQ:MRNA) shipments start arriving in key spots and both CVS Health (NYSE:CVS) and Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) run on-site clinics at nursing homes. Big banks look set for a strong week after the Federal Reserve gave the green light for buybacks and dividends. Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) and Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) are all poised to rally. Finally, Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) makes its official appearance on the S&P 500 Index on December 21. Tesla will be one of the ten most valuable companies in the index and have a projected weighting of around 1.6%.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Poshmark filed for an IPO. My wife is an Ambassador on the platform, so she was offered a pre-launch stock buy in. Let's see how it goes.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Which companies will swing the most
Whole market should rise but recovery stocks should get a big boost for sure especially if there are things in the bill for banks, airlines, energy, etc. Consumer cyclicals should be up with direct payments being sent out.

Commodities should also get a boost since people will expect the dollar to weaken and look to hedge against inflation with gold and silver. I’m in $FCX looking for Copper to continue to spike off weaker dollar.

A lot of the market is at all time highs so be careful out there fellas. Don’t get caught chasing off the euphoria. It’s a short week as well.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How consistent are those etfs

On average arkk gives you an annual return of 20%. Most experts in Wallstreet struggle to get similar returns. Its your safest bet as a new trader imo. Cathy woods who actively manages the portfolio is considered one of the best financial experts in the business.
Yea I like this advice. If you going active management Cathy legit. Just mix it with some standard S&P etfs like $VOO or $VTI. $ARKK focuses on disruptive technology so you can get exposed to some new shit in the tech space early and if it blow you are in on the ground floor. However, ARKK expense fees are 0.75% vs 0.03% for funds like VOO and VTI. So just balance it out based on how much growth you are looking for and to keep your expense fees as low as possible.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
On average arkk gives you an annual return of 20%. Most experts in Wallstreet struggle to get similar returns. Its your safest bet as a new trader imo. Cathy woods who actively manages the portfolio is considered one of the best financial experts in the business.

arkk is high reward high risk

I don’t think it will do as well in 21
Especially with so much exposure to tesla

cathy woods is saying buy arkg

that’s the next big one

I’m into arkk arkg and icln

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
From Discord:

RAD Rite Aid has received an additional $68.3m in federal funding for COVID-19 Self-Swab and Point-of-Care testing. https://www.fpds.gov/ezsearch/jsp/v...umentVersion=1.5&contractType=AWARD&docType=D
Had $RAD...they're a slowwwwww moving stock with very little volitility.
Definitely very slow moving... no different than aci.. but at least aci has a small dividend.
Sounds a lot like the way CVS was behaving for months before it exploded a few weeks back
@rph2005

I see $RAD is up from the 13's at the time of that post to 19-20 now. Did anyone buy any calls at the time? (wish I would have :fuckyousay: )

Last edited: