Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I wanna start investing but don't know anything about it, somebody point m in the right direction..
Just invest in a growth etf like arkk and save yourself the headache of researching the right plays and potentially losing big

I agree with all this. But also: have a goal in mind and it will help you find your groove, whether you want to trade (quick flips, scores) and/ or invest (growth snowball for medium to long term goals, retirement, etc.).

Many of us do either or, or a little of both. Any questions ask away man and we'll try to shorten your learning curve.

sliqnes

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I agree with all this. But also: have a goal in mind and it will help you find your groove, whether you want to trade (quick flips, scores) and/ or invest (growth snowball for medium to long term goals, retirement, etc.).

Many of us do either or, or a little of both. Any questions ask away man and we'll try to shorten your learning curve.
I was gonna test the waters with Robinhood but didn't because I heard they got hacked. Somebody mentioned M1 finance but IDK..

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
I was gonna test the waters with Robinhood but didn't because I heard they got hacked. Somebody mentioned M1 finance but IDK..
M1 finance is for long term, fractional buys. Only 1 trade per day @ 9:30am based off what you set up.

You'd be better off with ThinkorSwim or WeBull.

*The WeBull link is my referral link. You'll get free stocks when you sign up and deposit $100+.

King D

King D
BGOL Investor
:smh::smh:

Robinhood Financial fined $65 million by SEC for misleading users

Robinhood Financial has been fined $65 million for misleading its stock market customers about how the company makes its revenue from their trades, the Securities and Exchange Commission said Thursday. The SEC fine comes one day after regulators in Massachusetts filed a lawsuit against Robinhood for allegedly targeting young, inexperienced investors with flashy gimmicks on its app that treat stock investing like a game.

Federal officials said that between 2015 and 2018 the company only partially explained on its online FAQ page how it makes money, omitting details about its largest revenue source — trades. Robinhood takes a user's stock order and sells it to a larger trading firm that executes the trade, a process known as "payment for order flow," the SEC order states.

Robinhood made no mention of payment for order flow rates, federal regulators said, at a time when the company was rapidly growing. While Robinhood markets its services as "commission free," the SEC claims that customers in reality received inferior trade prices that "in aggregate deprived customers of $34.1 million," despite any savings they received from paying zero in commissions.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:smh::smh:

Robinhood Financial fined $65 million by SEC for misleading users

Robinhood Financial has been fined $65 million for misleading its stock market customers about how the company makes its revenue from their trades, the Securities and Exchange Commission said Thursday. The SEC fine comes one day after regulators in Massachusetts filed a lawsuit against Robinhood for allegedly targeting young, inexperienced investors with flashy gimmicks on its app that treat stock investing like a game.

Federal officials said that between 2015 and 2018 the company only partially explained on its online FAQ page how it makes money, omitting details about its largest revenue source — trades. Robinhood takes a user's stock order and sells it to a larger trading firm that executes the trade, a process known as "payment for order flow," the SEC order states.

Robinhood made no mention of payment for order flow rates, federal regulators said, at a time when the company was rapidly growing. While Robinhood markets its services as "commission free," the SEC claims that customers in reality received inferior trade prices that "in aggregate deprived customers of $34.1 million," despite any savings they received from paying zero in commissions.
so are ppl gonna get some kind of compensation?

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WNW Wunong Net Technology !!:eek2::eek2::eek2:
there is always a chinese company that will manipulate the market for financial game in some way.
WNW pulled a DUO, except it didnt come down this time. shit went from $7 to $144 in two days.
i wish i had been trading these past few days..........i would have caught that shit. fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
alot of people got rich today.

Notorious P.I.M.P.

Rising Star
Platinum Member

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is there a way I can have an alert setup on WeBull or Robin that tells me any stock is having a run like this..... How do we keep up with this shit, what tools can we use to shorten the knowledge gap of those that are in the know?

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
there is always a chinese company that will manipulate the market for financial game in some way.
WNW pulled a DUO, except it didnt come down this time. shit went from $7 to $144 in two days.
i wish i had been trading these past few days..........i would have caught that shit. fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
alot of people got rich today.
i caught it mad late but gawd it was its good run ! but im having a feeling this guys will do well, they're gonna b like the amazon of china

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is there a way I can have an alert setup on WeBull or Robin that tells me any stock is having a run like this..... How do we keep up with this shit, what tools can we use to shorten the knowledge gap of those that are in the know?

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
On webull I select the "markets" tab at the bottom of the screen and look at the top 5 min gainers.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I buy now what are the dangers of doing so. Buying and sitting on it.
It's OTC.
It is going up because they were cleared of the fraud perpetuated by the ousted execs and have passed an SEC audit of their financials which are outstanding. They also plan to reapply to be relisted on the NASDAQ. Once that happens, they’ll be back like cornrows during COVID.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You need to get familiar with scanners and Level2.

do you have ‘Think or Swim’ or WeBull?

kinfolk

Star
BGOL Investor
Just used a trailing stop loss for the first time ever on LCA. Felt good about it because it was locking in profits.

I did this shit 30 seconds before the shit dropped from 24.50 to 21. The order executed and I ended up with 1000 less dollars than expected lol. In 30 seconds.:hithead:

Notorious P.I.M.P.

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just used a trailing stop loss for the first time ever on LCA. Felt good about it because it was locking in profits.

I did this shit 30 seconds before the shit dropped from 24.50 to 21. The order executed and I ended up with 1000 less dollars than expected lol. In 30 seconds.:hithead:

Man that shit never works out as planned.
I don't even bother anymore.
Stock price will drop then shoot right back up. Fuck that.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What was your goal with that? If you were trying to hold long term, no need for a stop that tight. If you were trying to day trade, you should have been watching it like you would an IG live video with prime Halle Berry.

this is short season, as soon as you put in an order, everyone can see it (with level 2 access) and a market maker or big money hedge fund (or even me if the resistance is low) can wipe you out quickly, as you just witnessed.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1e5.gif

Man $NIO really took your boy for a ride over the last month (Short attacks, China Delisting fears and an offering all in the last few weeks) but I held on tight and that bitch came back around. I was finally able to secure the bag! Outside of closing a few positions I am done for the year. I ended 2020 tripling my small account that I started back in June. Opening up a dedicated trading account and putting more money in. Looking forward to doing it again in 2021.

Last edited:

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
cheers to all who made money this year looks like quite a few of you did and are packing it up for the year. that's what's up. better luck to whose who lost overall (just have your accountant write it off), and good luck to the ones who are newbies and joining us. hopefully next year we get to do it all again.

what jayz say? "1 million, 2 million, 3 million, 4..."