Iron Mike's back... exhibition bout with ROY JONES JR on Sept 12.... now postponed to Nov 28

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Tyson will get creamed against the young heavyweights. You heard him, he don't want nothing to do with it. You could see glimpses of his former self, but that's all it was. He was way too upright, he doesn't have the legs anymore. He wasn't bending at his knees and it wasn't because of conditioning, just age and wear and tear.
Nah man ask the bgol experts lmao I'm with you it's a stupid ass debate really. Tyson is in his 50s he was sucking wind after round one and they hugged for the rest of the fight, mind you it was only 2 minute rounds lol but I told them I'll take bets if it happens lol

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah man ask the bgol experts lmao I'm with you it's a stupid ass debate really. Tyson is in his 50s he was sucking wind after round one and they hugged for the rest of the fight, mind you it was only 2 minute rounds lol but I told them I'll take bets if it happens lol
I guess they think he would have a punchers chance but I’m betting he doesn’t hit the same. You could see it in his legs. Tyson had a fantastic career, short heavyweights like him usually don’t last long. It takes so much to work their way in. His long career was really a testament to how well he was originally trained in the fundamentals.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I guess they think he would have a punchers chance but I’m betting he doesn’t hit the same. You could see it in his legs. Tyson had a fantastic career, short heavyweights like him usually don’t last long. It takes so much to work their way in. His long career was really a testament to how well he was originally trained in the fundamentals.
Power is usually the last thing to go but like you said he just wasn't generating it through his legs and hips like he use to, he obviously would still be a problem for any regualr humans but he wouldn't have the stamina or power to compete anymore. Not a knock against him, he is human after all. I commend them both for the exibition and having the balls to get in there and they Mike faired far better, but he looked like less than a shadow of himself.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Power is usually the last thing to go but like you said he just wasn't generating it through his legs and hips like he use to, he obviously would still be a problem for any regualr humans but he wouldn't have the stamina or power to compete anymore. Not a knock against him, he is human after all. I commend them both for the exibition and having the balls to get in there and they Mike faired far better, but he looked like less than a shadow of himself.
I agree. Good for both of them. I’m their age and I got winded today putting up the Christmas lights and cleaning the yard.

I remember something a baseball player said about old home run hitters. He said some like like it was worse for them because they could see how the ball didn’t go as far anymore. They would swing just as hard but the ball would stay in the park.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Shit like this will get you hurt for real.....

He calling ole boy his "side chick's husband".....
You calling his "queen" and mother of his kids your side chick to millions of people.....

Also he's calling out his older brother (who is also an asshole on the net).....

Does anyone like this kid?

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend

You can tell that after that kidney shot,

homey started to buckle but Mike

helped him along with the uppercut

to the dome piece! :eek2:

The ref cautiously tip toe by, keeping

his distance like "damn, that shit

looks painful... glad that shit ain't me!"

tumblr-n5z6nq1-Ci21svefdfo1-400.gif

:lol2:

Last edited:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Tyson still got power and thats the problem...if the power was gone, young fighters would take it easy on the OG...taking it easy on Tyson will get you KTFO and some Nate Robinson memes....no young dude trying to go through that so they gonna go out there to whip Mike's ass...I agree with you....its wild seeing dudes advocating for Mike's return based off a glorified sparring session with a super faded Roy Jones...shit man, Mike picked Roy over Evander who was calling for the fight....that ought to tell people something

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
He needed to give his all in the boxing gym and
learned some technique. He can be athletic all day but he was functionally incompetent as a boxer in that ring.
Nate could have quit when he was holding the back of his head but you could see him choose to go on so I give him props for that (behind the ear shots are murder)...I genuinely think the moment over took him and he forgot whatever he learned in that little training he did

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nate could have quit when he was holding the back of his head but you could see him choose to go on so I give him props for that (behind the ear shots are murder)...I genuinely think the moment over took him and he forgot whatever he learned in that little training he did

You’re right and I’m sorry, but a punch to the back it the head shouldn’t have counted. :smh:

No Jake didn’t mean to punch him there but that’s where it landed.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He needed to give his all in the boxing gym and
learned some technique. He can be athletic all day but he was functionally incompetent as a boxer in that ring.
Did you see how overmatched Gatti was against Mayweather? Do you believe he didn't give his all in training because he was badly beaten? You have no idea how hard he trained, youtube guy was just a better fighter. Mike Tyson and Bruce Seldon were professional fighters and world champions but Robinson showed more heart in that fight than Tyson did in the second Holyfield fight and Seldon in his fight with Tyson.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did you see how overmatched Gatti was against Mayweather? Do you believe he didn't give his all in training because he was badly beaten? You have no idea how hard he trained, youtube guy was just a better fighter. Mike Tyson and Bruce Seldon were professional fighters and world champions but Robinson showed more heart in that fight than Tyson did in the second Holyfield fight and Seldon in his fight with Tyson.

Yeah no need to discredit Nate, he trained. He just needed to train differently. Plus that punch to the back of the head threw everything off.

Trained professional boxers forget to hold when they’re hurt, we can’t expect that to automatically kick in with Nate.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whoever trained Nate should be arrested. There's no way he didn't know Nate wasn't ready for a fight. You could tell in the first 20 seconds he wasn't prepared to fight someone. I didn't know anything about this fight before Saturday night but now that I've seen him training, it's ridiculous. Look at the video, a month ago he couldn't even hit the bags right.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Whoever trained Nate should be arrested. There's no way he didn't know Nate wasn't ready for a fight. You could tell in the first 20 seconds he wasn't prepared to fight someone. I didn't know anything about this fight before Saturday night but now that I've seen him training, it's ridiculous. Look at the video, a month ago he couldn't even hit the bags right.

shit I watched a clip of him doing mitt work and ink ew he was gonna die then lol showed my little bro and he just laughed and said the same. It was damn near as bad as how chuck liddell looked in his last fight training. Sad but hilarious

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
You’re right and I’m sorry, but a punch to the back it the head shouldn’t have counted. :smh:

No Jake didn’t mean to punch him there but that’s where it landed.
Tricky, it was right behind the ear not exactly dead on to the back of the head and the punch landed there because of Nate's wild lunging ...rough shot for a man in his first fight but I think it was legal

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

He looks to be in better shape than he's been in years, looks cleaner and sounds more himself too. Oscar was a fucking monster back in the day and still have mayweather a nice fight past his prime, I'm not against seeing him back in there again but ggg might not be the best fight, I feel these guys should all fight people who have been retired similar time periods and in similar age ranges, if not we cross into dangerous territory an someone could get hurt(the commissions I'm the us are fucking shameless)

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Tricky, it was right behind the ear not exactly dead on to the back of the head and the punch landed there because of Nate's wild lunging ...rough shot for a man in his first fight but I think it was legal
Refs never call that shit if it's your fault and it's just behind the ear, jake/logan (whatever the fuck) did nothing dirty, Nate just didn't know what the fuck he was doing and turned right into it.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
He looks to be in better shape than he's been in years, looks cleaner and sounds more himself too. Oscar was a fucking monster back in the day and still have mayweather a nice fight past his prime, I'm not against seeing him back in there again but ggg might not be the best fight, I feel these guys should all fight people who have been retired similar time periods and in similar age ranges, if not we cross into dangerous territory an someone could get hurt(the commissions I'm the us are fucking shameless)
GGG looks like food for younger fighters at this point in his career but I think Oscar is seriously underestimating how powerful that man is....GGG still hits hard as fuck