Man... I'm 28 min 19 sec Into Kevin Hart's New Netflix Special 'No F**ks Given' & I Literally Haven't Laughed or Even Smirked Once

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
It wasn’t bad. Especially since every comic is clipped in terms of getting the normal reps in for shooting a special. With no covid, he’s hitting the road to work it out.

I also look at it like he’s 8 albums in and most people feel like his first 2 was his best 2.
That’s also understandable because that’s when he was coming up. So he was hungry financially. By album 8, dude is paid and he’s not a social commentary comic like a Dave or Patrice or even Katt so his range of jokes have always been his kids and family life.

Kevin is the guy that’s gonna say some silly shit, say some catchphrases and call it a day.
Well, he did make the analogy of "fucking for transportation" back in the day. He ain't had to do that for a while now. :lol:

His earlier couple of specials got several more yuks outta me but this shit here...:yawn:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He was never funny to me or anyone i know. He's appealing, like SNL members. Nobody laughs at SNL or at the late show monologues from Conan to Leno. They aren't famous because they're funny; they are famous because they are marketable. Prime example is Will Smith could do a Netflix special and it would get more views than any actual comedian and he's not remotely capable of doing it BUT people like Will. Same for Tracy Morgan--NOT funny but likable enough to put in movies. Hart is a terrible standup but box office gold so they industry has to keep him out there for his movies not his standup.
Whoaaaa there buddy.. I’m not gonna let Conan be put in this category.. I use to watch his show in the 90s and his shit was funny.. in fact he the only talk show I actually really watch... triumph the dog has made me laugh more than Kevin hart, jay leno, and letterman combined.. hell his infamous shitting on people at the Star Wars convention was funnier than several Kevin hart standup

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whoaaaa there buddy.. I’m not gonna let Conan be put in this category.. I use to watch his show in the 90s and his shit was funny.. in fact he the only talk show I actually really watch... triumph the dog has made me laugh more than Kevin hart, jay leno, and letterman combined.. hell his infamous shitting on people at the Star Wars convention was funnier than several Kevin hart standup

CONAN isn't a standup and didnt release a stand up special. he says what his writers tell him is funny. and the dog sketch were funny but that was not all conan. he's the best of the not funny late night guys. how about that?

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I mean what can I say that hasn't already been said. I am not a Kevin Hart fan, the I'm a short man and the family locked up jokes get old really fast. He went the Eddie Murphy route and tried to stay relevant in stand up. I thought it was smart when he started helping younger comics get access under his production company, but he just can't walk away.

And just like almost every champion in history of prize fighting instead of retiring when you squeaked that last win out you keep taking fights. People forget the highs of your career and only remember the ass whooping you took where the ref had to stop the fight or new would be fans are introduced to you as a great but when they see you in action the only see a shell of your former self.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
Kevin Hart is funny to me. No I ain't seen his special but I'll get around to it. You don't see white people doing this to white comedians. You don't hear "man that Jeff Foxworthy is so out of touch, fuck him!!"

I always thought he was funny but not in my top 5. That hasn't changed for me. Is it Kevin Hart that has changed or his audience?

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
That's cause that lil niggaa ain't funny. To me anyway. Just loud and annoying as fuck now. I call him, "White folk funny."

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kevin Hart is funny to me. No I ain't seen his special but I'll get around to it. You don't see white people doing this to white comedians. You don't hear "man that Jeff Foxworthy is so out of touch, fuck him!!"

I always thought he was funny but not in my top 5. That hasn't changed for me. Is it Kevin Hart that has changed or his audience?
White people damn sure do do this shit, b... they drag Dane Cook's unfunny ass to Hell. Dane used to be the white Kevin Hart, had the game on lock on stage, TV, and film. Ask a cracka about his ass now? Kevin Hart not being funny ain't got fuckall to do with how Black folk treat each other. The nigga shit ain't funny.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is a good comedic actor.
Never laughed at his stand up.
I cannot relate to anything he talks about.

sneakerpimp325

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Kev ain't going nowhere. He got 4 kids plus one is a newborn. That motherfucker gonna have being grandfather jokes, while talking about raising the two younger kids. Especially when Netflix gonna pay him wild money.

sneakerpimp325

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Well, he did make the analogy of "fucking for transportation" back in the day. He ain't had to do that for a while now. :lol:

His earlier couple of specials got several more yuks outta me but this shit here...:yawn:

Yea he got me to laugh a few times. Like I said before. There is no comic in this country right now that is sharp. You can't write a billion jokes in your crib. But until you get the reps and timing in.. Shit will be choppy.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thats the paradox of making it big in comedy. Its HARD to go back to stand up once you have chauffeurs and nannies for your kids in your mansion. That is what made Eddie Murphy's Delirious so iconic. He was definitely a star, but it was right on the cusp of his "Making it". He was big enough to be in peak performance, but not yet big enough to be un-relatable to his audience.

Good point...most of Pryor's movie characters where so relatable and his genius on stage reflected that he was still one of us..

This guy's a bet for relatable/funny...

Last edited:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When Kevin’s stand up reminded me of Dane Cook that was it. Never watched his comedy special again.
I was just about to bring him up and I have yet to meet anyone..white or black..that thought dane cook was funny..

As far as Kevin goes, seriously funny was the funniest stand up I had seen since kings of comedy..not a big katt Williams fan..going to check deon Cole out..people keep talking about him..

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
watch Deon Cole, his special is good
What's it called?

lbLCEH.jpg

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I’ve never heard any Blackman referenced Jeff fox worthy name ever that’s how irrelevant that dude is when talking about comedy.. don’t know cacs to even hear convos about Jeff fox worthy

dane cook use to get shitted on even when he was the biggest cac comic.. so yeah cacs get shitted on by their own

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
White people damn sure do do this shit, b... they drag Dane Cook's unfunny ass to Hell. Dane used to be the white Kevin Hart, had the game on lock on stage, TV, and film. Ask a cracka about his ass now? Kevin Hart not being funny ain't got fuckall to do with how Black folk treat each other. The nigga shit ain't funny.
Yeppppp I see you referenced dane cook b4 I could

by the way best thing he did was be in a low budget thriller with Kevin Costner that was surprisingly good... Dane cook and Kevin Costner that sounds like an automatic fail but their negatives somehow made it a positive.. mr brooks.. that movie is due for a fucking sequel

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
First, comedy’s just very subjective.

Kevin’s problem is his success. He has 100 million Instagram followers. Number 1 hit movie/movies. The highest paid comedian so when people watch, they watch with the mentality “Make me laugh”...

tenor.gif

Also when you’re as popular as he is, it makes many more people take a look. And when they’re not blown away, they don’t understand the popularity.

And just because you don’t laugh at his jokes, there’s millions of others that do.

KevinHart_WhatNow_Philadelphia_stadium.png

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
his shtick was being a mid twenties dude hanging out with his boys and exploring dating life. that had a shelf life. he was never observational funny about overall life in general. better get his dr. doo little on, wait a decade until his kids are grown and the demand returns.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
I’ve never heard any Blackman referenced Jeff fox worthy name ever that’s how irrelevant that dude is

Maybe you just travel in circles less diverse and not as knowledgeable about all aspects of comedy like me. :dunno:

That’s what makes opinions more valid.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor

Black people hate on each other like no other group. That’s why I made the point, it doesn’t surprise me.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Black people hate on each other like no other group. That’s why I made the point, it doesn’t surprise me.

“Hate”?

People are criticizing and critiquing Kevin’s comedy special, I don’t see anyone “Hating”.

If Kevin was a no name comedian who put out that special he might’ve gotten praise for getting out there and getting a special done.

But the fact that he’s the highest paid comedian that put out a special that didn’t make some people laugh, then they critique it.

The same would be for any artist, chef or athlete. If they were the highest paid and one of the most popular, one would expect their products or performance to be one of the best.

Hating would be people that admitted that it was funny but they still didn’t like it.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Thats the paradox of making it big in comedy. Its HARD to go back to stand up once you have chauffeurs and nannies for your kids in your mansion. That is what made Eddie Murphy's Delirious so iconic. He was definitely a star, but it was right on the cusp of his "Making it". He was big enough to be in peak performance, but not yet big enough to be un-relatable to his audience.

Then why wss Chris Tucker's so painful to watch?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
World wars were started by certain euro countries fighting amongst each other as well as Asian countries fighting amongst each other... millions to tens of Millions of casualties.. I think that proves your theory wrong