Ice Cube is a Trump Supporter

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Probably the same reason why she’s been running and hiding from black media.
What black media??? I commented on that earlier how we are missing out on conversations that specifically targets us.

Who do we have now? Roland Martin? He's a joke.

Her entire platform is predicated on helping the black community.

Yes, she's a bedwench. Yes, she's supports Dumph. But what she wants to do in B-More is needed. Mfume has had 15 years to do something. B-More has gotten worst in all categories for black folk under his watch.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
They have. Are we receptive? No.

Let's start with this. She is specifically targeting black people. Mfume is running and hiding from her. Why?

Dude thats one candidate running for congress, thats not the party.

When we talk about the party we are talking about on a national level, in presidential elections.

Why is the distinction important? Because ONE congressman or ONE senator has no power. They vote on federal legislation and the others have no obligation to support them. When the President runs, the whole team has to get in line.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Dude thats one candidate running for congress, thats not the party.

When we talk about the party we are talking about on a national level, in presidential elections.

Why is the distinction important? Because ONE congressman or ONE senator has no power. They vote on federal legislation and the others have no obligation to support them. When the President runs, the whole team has to get in line.
But that part of the problem. Why are we trying to blanket an entire group? What do you want them to do? Come up with a plan? They did that. Free some black folk from jail? They did that. Give money to HBCUs? They did that. For me, that is not nearly enough to make me ever claim to be a republican. But, I also will never claim to be a Democrat, especially because I can not name any action they have done specifically for black folks.

However, Are all Democrats for black folks?? No. Are all Republicans for black folks? No?

So, knowing this, I operate under the premise of getting what we can, from who we can, when we can.

This is why me and others plead with you all to judge each person on their own merit. I am not advocating for Republicans. Many of those CACs hate us and always will. But, I also know many Democrats hate us just as much. So, I have no allegiance to any party.

If I could, I would vote for Kim Klacik and I also would vote for Jamie Harrison. Two different parties. Two black people I believe can make a difference for black folk. This is what voting your best interest looks like.

Last edited:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Who ever said Republicans owe us nothing???? They all owe us. First, because they are elected officials and we are citizens of this country. Second, because we are a marginalized group that has been purposefully disenfranchised by this country, not a party, the country.

Going to the people in charge and demanding action is not going hat in hand. Brother, you have to break that line of thinking. Republicans want our vote, but know we are beholden to democrats. Democrats want our vote and know they do not have to do anything but talk to get it. Knowing this, we have to change our strategy regarding how we interact with both parties because neither relationship in its current state is beneficial to black folks. We have zero leverage in either scenario.
Tell ya what. Ask people like Vaiz4 and xfactor why we don't hold republicans responsible for their part in thr crime bill and they'll say (have said) things like they don't owe us nothing because we do not vote for them.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
But that part of the problem. Why are we trying to blanket an entire group? What do you want them to do? Come up with a plan? They did that. Free some black folk from jail? They did that. Give money to HBCUs? They did that. For me, that is not nearly enough to make me ever claim to be a republican.

However, Are all Democrats for black folks?? No. Are all Republicans for black folks? No?

So, knowing this, I operate under the premise of getting what we can, from who we can, when we can.

This is why me and others plead with you all to judge each person on their own merit. I am not advocating for Republicans. Many of those CACs hate us and always will. But, I also know many Democrats hate us just as much. So, I have no allegiance to any party.

If I could, I would vote for Kim Klacik and I also would vote for Jamie Harrison. Two different parties. Two black people I believe can make a difference for black folk. This is what voting your best interest looks like.

Of course its not all or every. We arent children.

However, in politics, individuals matter little compared to the direction the party takes.

What do you think of Trump's platinum plan specifically?

What did you think of Trump's response to all the police brutality protests all summer?

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What black media??? I commented on that earlier how we are missing out on conversations that specifically targets us.

Who do we have now? Roland Martin? He's a joke.

Her entire platform is predicated on helping the black community.

Yes, she's a bedwench. Yes, she's supports Dumph. But what she wants to do in B-More is needed. Mfume has had 15 years to do something. B-More has gotten worst in all categories for black folk under his watch.
Ed Gordon, Karen Hunter, Joe Madison, Earl Offari Hutchinson, Lou Hutt, Steve Harvey, Breakfast Club, Armstrong Williams...and thats just off the top of my head. Lol

Funny how she wants to help black people but wont talk to them.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Ed Gordon, Karen Hunter, Joe Madison, Earl Offari Hutchinson, Lou Hutt, Steve Harvey, Breakfast Club, Armstrong Williams...and thats just off the top of my head. Lol

Funny how she wants to help black people but wont talk to them.
She has to be invited.
  • 4 of who you mentioned are on the same black radio channel.
  • Offari is in LA
  • I didn't know Ed was still out there. Good for him. He should be on national TV.
  • The Breakfast Club only invites people who are apart of the club. We all know this. They did have Angela on there and the disrespect was crazy. Charlemagne tried to right the ship tho.
  • Steve Harvey is a clown and is not interested in real journalism.

Also, if you are running a campaign in a city, national media is not your priority. All of those you mentioned are national and slot of them are Sirius Radio. So, I'm not mad at her for missing any of those mediums. Unfortunately, with her running as a Republican, many of these forums won't even engage in any type of real conversation.

To her credit, she has had held town halls which enables her constituents to speak directly to her and ask questions. She also wanted to debate Mfume in the city. He refused.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
She has to be invited.
  • 4 of who you mentioned are on the same black radio channel.
  • Offari is in LA
  • I didn't know Ed was still out there. Good for him. He should be on national TV.
  • The Breakfast Club only invites people who are apart of the club. We all know this. They did have Angela on there and the disrespect was crazy. Charlemagne tried to right the ship tho.
  • Steve Harvey is a clown and is not interested in real journalism.

Also, if you are running a campaign in a city, national media is not your priority. All of those you mentioned are national and slot of them are Sirius Radio. So, I'm not mad at her for missing any of those mediums. Unfortunately, with her running as a Republican, many of these forums won't even engage in any type of real conversation.

To her credit, she has had held town halls which enables her constituents to speak directly to her and ask questions. She also wanted to debate Mfume in the city. He refused.
She doesn't have to be invited. She could easily call those shows and they would gladly have her on.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
But why? They are not local to her area. And realistically, would it had benefited her?

She is a good candidate and a much better choice than Mfume.
So you think Siriusxm doesn't have listeners that's from her area? Shit Siriusxm is headquartered in DC.
C'mon dude..you asked what black media, you received an answer, and now you're making excuses.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
So you think Siriusxm doesn't have listeners that's from her area? Shit Siriusxm is headquartered in DC.
C'mon dude..you asked what black media, you received an answer, and now you're making excuses.
It doesnt matter that its headquartered in DC. It is satellite radio. you need a subscription to listen. How many people in b-more in her district has satellite radio. I would argue that she should have done 92.3 live, although, she is running ads on the station.

Yes, you are correct that those are "black news outlets." I should have been more specific.

I am not the campaign manager for Kim Klacik. My point was merely to illustrate that there are Republican candidates that want to work for black people and are working to garner the black vote.

She is a good candidate with some great ideas for B-More despite her political affiliation.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Of course its not all or every. We arent children.

However, in politics, individuals matter little compared to the direction the party takes.

What do you think of Trump's platinum plan specifically?

What did you think of Trump's response to all the police brutality protests all summer?
This is also part of my point, every republican is not Trump. This akin to saying every Democrat is like Clinton.

Regarding your questions:

I think the name "Platinum Plan" is condescending and insulting. I think both the Democratic and Republican plans are just words on worthless paper until action has been put behind them.

I think Trump's response was what I expected for a cracka who panders to rich white folks. I personally did not "fully" agree with the looting and destruction of property during the "protests." Why? Because too many black businesses were destroyed. Additionally, the looting and vandalism was not initiated by black protesters and I would never support white people hijacking our cause to further their side agendas at our expense. Their actions have derailed our momentum. However, the black folk who were looting were selfish and self serving and did not give a damn about the cause, just trying to come up.

One big thing that came out of Trump's half hearted police reform executive order was the establishment of a national database for police misconduct. This is a huge win for us because now it won't be as easy for police to be fired for misconduct and get rehired at another location. Everything else in it was talk.

I'm past talk. We need action.

Overall, our government has given us nothing but lip service regarding police reform. H.R 7120 has been sitting on the Senate calendar since July!!!! Neither Pelosi, or any if the Senate democrats are pushing the issue. Money Mitch is doing what he does. Senate Republicans know that at this time, the black vote is with Democrats, so they make zero effort to do anything to garner our vote. We need to change this.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
... Senate Republicans know that at this time, the black vote is with Democrats, so they make zero effort to do anything to garner our vote. We need to change this.
Are you saying its our move, and African Americans should NOW offer something to the GOP leadership to encourage them to support our causes. They actively stall, impede, resist, undermine and block every single legislative initiative that would designate us as political and economic beneficiaries. Those are their actions. Sure, their are a few that will quietly say they want to talk to us and work with us, but when the rubber meets the road legislatively they are in lock step with the tRump faction, the Tea Party, ACA repeal, even Qnon, etc... Check their legislative voting records, because those are their real actions.

What would you have black people do? It sounds to me like you agree with Cube (because I don't know his government name) that we should consider voting for the GOP now, with only a wonky one page promise that they'll advance our agenda later. Its not going to happen, because even aside from the lair in chief, they simply don't keep their promises. So what if they let a few black people out of jail. Whats that to the millions of African Americans struggling under the weight of the racial caste system here. How many GOP senators said it would be inappropriate to confirm a SCOTUS justice so close to an election, and that they wouldn't do it. Yet at the very first opportunity they renege on that. At least the DNC leadership is doing a little better. They are on record voting for initiatives that will if nothing else improve our access to the polls. At least that's a start, a small one but still. I respectfully disagree with you and cube on the GOP. Furthermore, its simply too late in this political cycle. They could have and should have courted us, with more than entertainers and staged photo opps, but they didn't. If they want our support, the ball is in their court and its been their serve for the last four years.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
It doesnt matter that its headquartered in DC. It is satellite radio. you need a subscription to listen. How many people in b-more in her district has satellite radio. I would argue that she should have done 92.3 live, although, she is running ads on the station.

Yes, you are correct that those are "black news outlets." I should have been more specific.

I am not the campaign manager for Kim Klacik. My point was merely to illustrate that there are Republican candidates that want to work for black people and are working to garner the black vote.

She is a good candidate with some great ideas for B-More despite her political affiliation.
It doesn't matter if their are only two people in Baltimore with subscriptions to siriusxm. If you are trying to reach people, then reach them whatever they're at. It's a big assumption to think that people in her district in baltimore don't have satellite radio.
Btw siriusxm rebroadcast some of their shows (specifically shows on Power View) on YouTube. I guess now you're going to ask how many people in her district in Baltimore has internet to watch YouTube. The real deal about her not going on such shows is because like most Republicans. It's a fuck you to black media.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
This is also part of my point, every republican is not Trump. This akin to saying every Democrat is like Clinton.

Regarding your questions:

I think the name "Platinum Plan" is condescending and insulting. I think both the Democratic and Republican plans are just words on worthless paper until action has been put behind them.

I think Trump's response was what I expected for a cracka who panders to rich white folks. I personally did not "fully" agree with the looting and destruction of property during the "protests." Why? Because too many black businesses were destroyed. Additionally, the looting and vandalism was not initiated by black protesters and I would never support white people hijacking our cause to further their side agendas at our expense. Their actions have derailed our momentum. However, the black folk who were looting were selfish and self serving and did not give a damn about the cause, just trying to come up.

One big thing that came out of Trump's half hearted police reform executive order was the establishment of a national database for police misconduct. This is a huge win for us because now it won't be as easy for police to be fired for misconduct and get rehired at another location. Everything else in it was talk.

I'm past talk. We need action.

Overall, our government has given us nothing but lip service regarding police reform. H.R 7120 has been sitting on the Senate calendar since July!!!! Neither Pelosi, or any if the Senate democrats are pushing the issue. Money Mitch is doing what he does. Senate Republicans know that at this time, the black vote is with Democrats, so they make zero effort to do anything to garner our vote. We need to change this.

No not every republican is Trump.

This conversation is not about Trump.

The republicans, as a party, have ignored black peeps going back decades.

I find it kind of funny that you believe that WE have to change for the republicans to deign address us as a community.

Do you believe we deserve their vote suppression schemes too?

Can tell me the last republican ticket to court the black community.

And by the way, the black community is conservative in alot of ways. There are alot of possible connections the republicans can make with us, fiscally and socially. Im telling you they havent tried. I feel like you are making up excuses for them.

Sorry but thats on them.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
That's where you and disagree. I believe if we want a different outcome, we need to have different actions. Taking the stance that we should totally disregard Republicans because they are not courting us dictates that we sit and wait for democrats to save us. Your stance requires us to be silent whenever Republicans are in office. There are Republicans in office as governors, mayors, senators, etc. We can not afford to not press these politicians at every turn. They want our vote. This is our currency. We can not keep giving it away for free.

The fortunate thing is that more people are waking up and starting to see the light. This is evident by the backlash DL Hughley is receiving for his bs comments about Ice Cube and the backlash Claudia Jordan, Lisa Raye, Vivica Fox, and Selena Johnson are receiving for their attempt to attack Cube on their show. People see through BS and people are tired. People on the right side of history are never popular at the time and always receive criticism from all sides. MLK once said that black people have to be careful about white people, politics, and media. He warned that these three would be used to have black people attacking and hating other black folks. He was prophetic.

I literally got mad at all these chicks watching this. Totally disrespectful and typical of ignorant, uniformed hoodrats turned celebrities.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I literally got mad at all these chicks watching this. Totally disrespectful and typical of ignorant, uniformed hoodrats turned celebrities.

Holy shit! What in the blue fuck is wrong with these women?
Ice Cube handled himself really well considering the circumstances.
He kept bringing it back to black people and they kept trying to make it about politics.
That was an example of exactly what is wrong with our community.
He said "As far as I'm concerned, they are both the same" (Biden/Trump) and these broads started flipping their wigs over that! He meant that neither one of them have had black peoples' best interests at the forefront and he's right.
Then when they started in with the "black women" separation argument, he said "y'all are black people"
It is this divisive mentality that these females have been indoctrinated into via feminism that drives them to separate. Then when he said "why don't y'all help me? You all are the experts on black females", none of them flat out said "okay", but rather they continued to argue.
This is why we can't get shit done. Black folks refuse to get on board the ship unless they are the captains.
Its a shame that you have to fight your own people over trying to help your own people. :(

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Holy shit! What in the blue fuck is wrong with these women?
Ice Cube handled himself really well considering the circumstances.
He kept bringing it back to black people and they kept trying to make it about politics.
That was an example of exactly what is wrong with our community.
He said "As far as I'm concerned, they are both the same" (Biden/Trump) and these broads started flipping their wigs over that! He meant that neither one of them have had black peoples' best interests at the forefront and he's right.
Then when they started in with the "black women" separation argument, he said "y'all are black people"
It is this divisive mentality that these females have been indoctrinated into via feminism that drives them to separate. Then when he said "why don't y'all help me? You all are the experts on black females", none of them flat out said "okay", but rather they continued to argue.
This is why we can't get shit done. Black folks refuse to get on board the ship unless they are the captains.
Its a shame that you have to fight your own people over trying to help your own people. :(
Isn't Ice Cube trying to be the captain?

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
A plan that includes things that are already out there. So instead of getting behind other people, organizations, legislation, and even just learning about them. He decided to reinvent the wheel so that he could be the captain.

I felt disagreeable at first, but you speak facts

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A plan that includes things that are already out there. So instead of getting behind other people, organizations, legislation, and even just learning about them. He decided to reinvent the wheel so that he could be the captain.
Because the people and organizations out there were taking their messages to the same people and getting the same results over and over. (the very definition of insanity). I don't think its because he wanted to be captain but rather, take a different approach. Rather than wait and congregate and beg and plead for others to get on board and get lost in a sea of arguments (like the panel of so-called "queens" he had to deal with), he took a chance, pushed it out, and it made everybody take notice.
The democratic party acts like a fine chick when it comes to black people. A fine chick will act like she's got the only pussy in the world towards a nigga that she knows that she can get.
Cube just decided to approach more than one chick. Now these AGENTS have their feathers ruffled because in their narcissism, they never entertained the thought of black people approaching anyone else. A fine chick don't know what to do when her suitors start to approach other women. They usually lash out, which is what's happening.
Just like that chick on Roland Martin's show who accused him of "skipping the line" as she put it.
Again, what happens if Trump wins again? You can't just NOT have a contingency plan. Go hide for four more years? Hope they can oust him? Still have the Senate to deal with. Its bigger than both parties. He clearly has spoken about how he's going to the private sector, too. That keeps getting glazed over. So, what if Gates or Bezos puts up the $500B?
How many people would flip over that? You probably would too.
You don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. You don't throw out the message because you don't like the messenger.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
  • Because the people and organizations out there were taking their messages to the same people and getting the same results over and over. (the very definition of insanity). I don't think its because he wanted to be captain but rather, take a different approach.
  • Just like that chick on Roland Martin's show who accused him of "skipping the line" as she put it.
  • Again, what happens if Trump wins again? You can't just NOT have a contingency plan.
This is exactly the point I have been trying to make. Ice Cube has access that many of these other "organizations" do not have. Why get mad about that? We can not keep doing the same things over and over again and expect different results. That is the definition of insanity. We also have to admit that the black struggle is a racket for some people. This is their job. And as evident by the young lady on Roland's show, she's mad Ice Cube restarted the national conversation without "paying his dues." Putting herself above the cause, as many others do. Additionally, Ice Cube works with many others including Dr. Claud Anderson.

Again, we have to be willing to force the hand of anyone who is in charge. Democrat or Republican.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Again, we have to be willing to force the hand of anyone who is in charge. Democrat or Republican.
This shouldn't even be a question.
The fact that it is shows how far we have fallen off as a community.
These folks are democrat before they are black. Politics is their religion.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Because the people and organizations out there were taking their messages to the same people and getting the same results over and over. (the very definition of insanity). I don't think its because he wanted to be captain but rather, take a different approach. Rather than wait and congregate and beg and plead for others to get on board and get lost in a sea of arguments (like the panel of so-called "queens" he had to deal with), he took a chance, pushed it out, and it made everybody take notice.
The democratic party acts like a fine chick when it comes to black people. A fine chick will act like she's got the only pussy in the world towards a nigga that she knows that she can get.
Cube just decided to approach more than one chick. Now these AGENTS have their feathers ruffled because in their narcissism, they never entertained the thought of black people approaching anyone else. A fine chick don't know what to do when her suitors start to approach other women. They usually lash out, which is what's happening.
Just like that chick on Roland Martin's show who accused him of "skipping the line" as she put it.
Again, what happens if Trump wins again? You can't just NOT have a contingency plan. Go hide for four more years? Hope they can oust him? Still have the Senate to deal with. Its bigger than both parties. He clearly has spoken about how he's going to the private sector, too. That keeps getting glazed over. So, what if Gates or Bezos puts up the $500B?
How many people would flip over that? You probably would too.
You don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. You don't throw out the message because you don't like the messenger.
Bruh that's just complete bs. Cube could have just as easily worked with others to work with either party but like I said...he wanted to be the captain.
Now what incentive would a second term Trump have to push for anything that benefits black folk? What has Trump done thus far (he the president now) after his people spoke with Cube? What has Cube gotten done?

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
This is exactly the point I have been trying to make. Ice Cube has access that many of these other "organizations" do not have. Why get mad about that? We can not keep doing the same things over and over again and expect different results. That is the definition of insanity. We also have to admit that the black struggle is a racket for some people. This is their job. And as evident by the young lady on Roland's show, she's mad Ice Cube restarted the national conversation without "paying his dues." Putting herself above the cause, as many others do. Additionally, Ice Cube works with many others including Dr. Claud Anderson.

So why not work with those organizations and use his access at the same time? Here's what the op said:

"This is why we can't get shit done. Black folks refuse to get on board the ship unless they are the captains."

Cube is doing exactly what the op is complaining about.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
So why not work with those organizations and use his access at the same time? Here's what the op said:

"This is why we can't get shit done. Black folks refuse to get on board the ship unless they are the captains."

Cube is doing exactly what the op is complaining about.
Do you hear yourself? Why are you and other die hard democrats do angry at Cube? He is a black man genuinely trying to help black people. Yet, yall still find a way to find fault with him because he challenges democrats and is willing to work with republicans? MLK worked with and talked with both parties. Should we cancel him Most? Most civil rights leaders worked with both parties or whomever would listen. We have to be smarter than this.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Again cube is a asshole when this election is over with I want to see what he says then

Reactions: BKF

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Do you hear yourself? Why are you and other die hard democrats do angry at Cube? He is a black man genuinely trying to help black people. Yet, yall still find a way to find fault with him because he challenges democrats and is willing to work with republicans? MLK worked with and talked with both parties. Should we cancel him Most? Most civil rights leaders worked with both parties or whomever would listen. We have to be smarter than this.
Your first mistake is making an ass of yourself in your belief that I am a hardcore Democrat. I'm not even a Democrat, so you can drop that talking point. Secondly aint nobody angry at Cube. Now this where you once again show you're a hypcrisy. So I can't have my opinion without being angry?
Aren't you the one who stated that every republican is not Trump. Yet anybody that thinks differently than you is a hardcore ,and angry democrat?

Here's your second assumption lumping me in with "we". I'm an individual and my disagreement aint got shit to do with him supposedly "challenging" the democrats. My problem is that I did not ask him to speak for me.
My problem is that he trying to reinvent the wheel because he wants to be the captain.
Your third assumption is believing I have a problem with speaking to both parties. You're wrong again...the problem I have is folks like you believing Trump gives a fuck about black folk. Trump could prove that notion wrong right now, since he is the president, right now.
So once again I asked what results has Ice Cube gotten, since talking to Trump's people?
Why is it people like yourself believe the democrat party has to work for our vote, our attention, but black folk should work to get the Republicans attention?

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bruh that's just complete bs. Cube could have just as easily worked with others to work with either party but like I said...he wanted to be the captain.
Now what incentive would a second term Trump have to push for anything that benefits black folk? What has Trump done thus far (he the president now) after his people spoke with Cube? What has Cube gotten done?
I ain't Ice Cube, bruh. Ask him. He's on social media.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That's a cop out answer. I take it after all the hype you were pumping out you realized you had nothing to back up the hype. So now you want me to go ask Cube. :lol:
You can take it however you want to. If you really want the answers, ask Cube. I'm just not gonna keep going back and forth on the same shit.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
You can take it however you want to. If you really want the answers, ask Cube. I'm just not gonna keep going back and forth on the same shit.
Yeah let me go ask Cube who didn't even know the difference between his "black plan" and Trump's platnium plan.
If Cube would have gotten any results thus far. You wouldn't be telling me to go ask Cube. You'd be telling me all about the results yourself.

Last edited: