"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I believe that. It’s the same here where all respiratory illness are down recently due to social distancing, mask wearing, hand washing etc. My thing is even going back through recent years has anyone ever heard of flu infecting 30+ people in one building in a short period? There are meat packaging facilities with 200+ persons testing positive for covid. I’m sure they never had 200+ people at those facilities testing positive for flu in a matter of weeks.

Yea I get what you’re saying, this version of the Rona is serious

Reactions: flx

SKATTA

International
International Member
cant lock down too much folks,tcell and community immunity wont be reached by doing that.
all these countries are going through their yearly seasonal weather temp in the 50'sF-60F

You must learn

SKATTA

International
International Member
c3a35edc-7892-469d-84c1-006299865f88_1140x641.jpg

SKATTA

International
International Member
This seasonal virus has become a CASE DEMIC virus,since the death rate have plummeted countries/cities go from counting deaths to counting cases.

To put things in perspective Lebonon before today has had 65 deaths to covid in many months of covid,one horrendous and tragic
blast in the city has sadly killed 135 ppl so far and counting.

clearly people dont understand the more you test the more positives,sometime fake positive and fake negative you will get
like ive argued on here before the pcr test just detect strains of this virus whether its broken,which cannot infect or its intact.
you could have had this virus two month 2 months ago and be just fine today,the pcr test will till show you as positive if the broken RNA
is still in your body.

your masks and being delusional is not going to do much,the only way is tcell/community immunity.

This is what deluding yourself with a lockdown does.

SKATTA

International
International Member
Countries who had a hard lock down who thought they had turned the corner.

Countries who didnt have a lock down,but had safe and commonsense approach.

enjoy your day bgol...
ill leave your guys to dabble in politics and do the blame game thing.

:thumbsup:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

You can't make this shit up :smh: :lol:

After 2020 all horror and disaster movies will suck because none will compare to this shit show.

Also if I'm reading that right they were able to test him and get the results right on the spot.

If this is the case its pretty fucked up that that testing isn't being made readily available to the public, especially in hospitals, nursing homes and schools.

I haven't heard of any tests results being available on less than 24 hours.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
The most depressing part of this that they're really being diligent in testing anyone who meets with Trump so it's highly unlikely that he'll contract this shit now.

WhichBrilliantFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

I was saying,last week or the week before that I think he has it. He's not telling the public it. No way,in hell all of these people is catching it around you but you don't have it....it makes no sense at all.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Looks like it is in fact in the air and the masks do protect. Not completely, but your chances are improved with them on.

Viable SARS-CoV-2 in the air of a hospital room with COVID-19 patients

View ORCID Profile John A Lednicky, Michael Lauzardo, Z. Hugh Fan, Antarpreet S Jutla, Trevor B Tilly, Mayank Gangwar, Moiz Usmani, Sripriya N Shankar, Karim Mohamed, Arantza Eiguren-Fernandez, Caroline J Stephenson, Md. Mahbubul Alam, Maha A Elbadry, Julia C Loeb, Kuttichantran Subramaniam, Thomas B Waltzek, Kartikeya Cherabuddi, John Glenn Morris Jr., Chang-Yu Wu
doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.08.03.20167395

This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

Abstract
Background - There currently is substantial controversy about the role played by SARS-CoV-2 in aerosols in disease transmission, due in part to detections of viral RNA but failures to isolate viable virus from clinically generated aerosols. Methods - Air samples were collected in the room of two COVID-19 patients, one of whom had an active respiratory infection with a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab positive for SARS-CoV-2 by RT-qPCR. By using VIVAS air samplers that operate on a gentle water-vapor condensation principle, material was collected from room air and subjected to RT-qPCR and virus culture. The genomes of the SARS-CoV-2 collected from the air and of virus isolated in cell culture from air sampling and from a NP swab from a newly admitted patient in the room were sequenced. Findings - Viable virus was isolated from air samples collected 2 to 4.8m away from the patients. The genome sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 strain isolated from the material collected by the air samplers was identical to that isolated from the NP swab from the patient with an active infection. Estimates of viable viral concentrations ranged from 6 to 74 TCID50 units/L of air. Interpretation - Patients with respiratory manifestations of COVID-19 produce aerosols in the absence of aerosol-generating procedures that contain viable SARS-CoV-2, and these aerosols may serve as a source of transmission of the virus.

Competing Interest Statement
The authors have declared no competing interest.

Funding Statement
Partly funded by Grant No. 2030844 from the National Science Foundation and by award 1R43ES030649 from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences of the National Institutes of Health, and by funds made available by the University of Florida Emerging Pathogens Institute and the Office of the Dean, University of Florida College of Medicine. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation, or the National Institutes of Health.

Author Declarations
I confirm all relevant ethical guidelines have been followed, and any necessary IRB and/or ethics committee approvals have been obtained.
Yes
The details of the IRB/oversight body that provided approval or exemption for the research described are given below:
The study was approved by UF IRB202002102.
All necessary patient/participant consent has been obtained and the appropriate institutional forms have been archived.
Yes
I understand that all clinical trials and any other prospective interventional studies must be registered with an ICMJE-approved registry, such as ClinicalTrials.gov. I confirm that any such study reported in the manuscript has been registered and the trial registration ID is provided (note: if posting a prospective study registered retrospectively, please provide a statement in the trial ID field explaining why the study was not registered in advance).
Yes
I have followed all appropriate research reporting guidelines and uploaded the relevant EQUATOR Network research reporting checklist(s) and other pertinent material as supplementary files, if applicable.
Yes
Paper in collection COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 preprints from medRxiv and bioRxiv

Copyright
The copyright holder for this preprint is the author/funder, who has granted medRxiv a license to display the preprint in perpetuity. It is made available under a CC-BY-ND 4.0 International license.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

Apparently, he got tested twice today. The first one was the positive while the second was a negative....

You got people with the symptoms that can't even get tested and they end up dying from this shit....lol

That's exactly the point I made.

If we now have testing available that is capable of determining whether someone is negative or positive in a matter of hours why aren't they being mass produced and distributed right now?

He could be using the Defense Production Act to start getting these out immediately and provide them to the students and faculty in all of these schools across America that they're so eager to open.