So how effective are resistant bands??

prose00

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
for home workout & exercise..

I've gained abiut 20lbs just loafing around the house. Dont exercise much but the plan is start the intermittent fasting asap coupled with these "resibands"

how good are they compared to weights? Can u gain muscle with em? Slim down?

Any advice? Brands to check for? Thx

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Post a pic of the kind you have/thinking about getting. There are so many different types, some are made for building muscle and some are made for tightening and toning

prose00

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Post a pic of the kind you have/thinking about getting. There are so many different types, some are made for building muscle and some are made for tightening and toning

Honestly no idea. I knw nothing about em. Just got bombarded with facebook ads, not sure where to even begin :dunno:

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I used them with P90x like 11 years ago and lost mad weight. They do the job when it comes to toning and definition. Lean shit.

I went from a pudgy ass nigga to a model ass nigga in like 5 months
You have to do high reps and make sure you do an isometric hold with each rep

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere on here BUT.....

Jim Jones needs to work on his diet, he likes to try amd workout with dudes like Mike Rashid and those street dudes who do calisthenics but he’s one of those dudes that workout in the morning and then go to Jacks and then smoke and drink the rest of the day

prose00

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Found these, not sure how good they are though

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ever since T.O. said he used them instead of free weights, years ago, I never questioned their validity.

You can’t argue with an apparatus that gives you resistance on the concentric AND eccentric motion.

You come out a BEAST!

I recommend.

I started with calisthenics myself.

ATLKingpin

Rising Star
Registered
Ever since T.O. said he used them instead of free weights, years ago, I never questioned their validity.

You can’t argue with an apparatus that gives you resistance on the concentric AND eccentric motion.

You come out a BEAST!

I recommend.

He’s 100% correct. I couldn’t post it but go to YouTube and look for the James Johnson episode of houseguest with Nate Robinson. He uses an apparatus for a full body workout that had Nate sweating....looked pretty sweet and you can hold it in your hand...

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
He’s 100% correct. I couldn’t post it but go to YouTube and look for the James Johnson episode of houseguest with Nate Robinson. He uses an apparatus for a full body workout that had Nate sweating....looked pretty sweet and you can hold it in your hand...
thanks for posting that - i use resistance bands and those x3's look like the business - they are out of stock but will look for similar ones

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If I remember correctly he had this.

x3-bar-promo.jpg

95d22053c961d4e7093ec3b5d950a696.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

You come out a BEAST!

I recommend.

Agreed ... really helpful in recent months. Been using them more.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
The one band I had just popped but I had used it for years. Helps when you have no weights around. I used to do curls while watching TV. Now that uou all mention it, I need another set.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Too many vids of people getting fucked up with these bands. I'll stick to machines and free weights.

nellj

Ba Weep Granah Weep ni-ni bong
BGOL Gold Member
I just picked up the Undersun Resistance bands. They are legit. Best of all, they force you to activate and utilize your core and stabilizer muscles when used

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Aight fellas, I just ordered these yesterday and they arrived about an hour ago:
Sunpow bands

One of the lowest prices for a set and the resistance is heavy enough. I tried the red band out the box and used it for pullup assists and bench press. It really does get your heart going. I ordered a bar also but it hasn't arrived yet:
Bionic Body Bar

We'll see how this goes once I develop a routine.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
One of the best things about them is that you can create new exercises, stretches, etc. Just do them slowly to ensure you are not risking injury or strain. See what works best for you. Target all types of muscle groups.