Netfix: OZARK Season 4 Discussion Thread (spoilers) (season 4 trailer!!) (drops 1/21/2022)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Ruth is pissed as fuck because of how the Byrdes treat her. She is pissed for what they did to Ben. And she is pissed for what happened to her Daddy.

I think Ruth is really pissed at Wendy... if you go all the way back ... Wendy and her always had issues and the shit with her dad last season never went away.. I do think that Ruth seed Marti as the father she never had and Marti sees her like a daughter even though she isn’t.. I don’t think she will come after Marti and the kids but I can definitely see the shit against Wendy ending in a Major confrontation. That Wolf-Bitch comment had all kinds of Venom behind it.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Something tells me that Helen’s daughter will be one of the big issues with Season 4... She knows way to much and she is clearly a liability. You know she is going to come back when they can’t reach you know who.

What happens to her daughter could be the thing that drives Jonah into serial killer stage. I could definitely see him going off the rails if they have to take her out

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Ruth is really pissed at Wendy... if you go all the way back ... Wendy and her always had issues and the shit with her dad last season never went away.. I do think that Ruth seed Marti as the father she never had and Marti sees her like a daughter even though she isn’t.. I don’t think she will come after Marti and the kids but I can definitely see the shit against Wendy ending in a Major confrontation. That Wolf-Bitch comment had all kinds of Venom behind it.

Ruth problem is she doesn't realize shes just like Wendy...

They both aren't satisfied with their positions... They want respect and power...

And both think their actions don't come with any consequences...

Marty basically spent the whole season cleaning up and trying to stay ahead of them 2...

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
i thought this season was the best one yet, but season 3 of a good show usually is. Marty is clearly the smartest person in the room, but he lacked directed ambition...he was using all his brilliance just to survive. Wendy is ambitious, but stupid. Kinda like Cersei Lanister....not nearly as smart as she thinks she is. Navarro reshaped the playing field when he kidnapped Marty, forcing him to find his ambition and found out what he really wants....to win...to beat the game. Helen was dead the minute Navarro left her and Wendy in charge and they couldnt solve a problem that Marty solved in 30 seconds after days of torture. Oh and Darlene....she's a problem for everybody. Completely psycho, but principled and finally got what shes been after....a local legacy.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spoiler

why did Navarrro have Helens brains blown out. I was confused by that part. I watched the last two episodes twice and didn’t get it. Was it because she didn’t get rid of her husband???

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that bitch is plain blood thirsty... its was crazy how many times her husband had to tell her to chill

She remind me of the dynamics of Atlanta around the early 2000s when all the northern folks myself included moved down here. Outsiders came down here thinking they could run shit and all Atlanta people wanted was for us northern folks to respect the lay of the land. That’s how Darlene is she don’t like dealing with outsiders who’d deem her as a dumb country redneck. With her heartless approach to things she will become a real problem and she knew exactly what she was doing by recruiting Ruth

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Spoiler

why did Navarrro have Helens brains blown out. I was confused by that part. I watched the last two episodes twice and didn’t get it. Was it because she didn’t get rid of her husband???
go back to the conversation Helen had with Wendy when Navarro kidnapped Marty about redundancy.

The thing we didn’t see was what did the FBI chick do with the Cartel info....

Wendy asked Navarro that “if they are able to end his war with the rival cartel... they wanted Helen out of the Byrd business”

Navarro said “I’ll do business as a I see fit” and hung up..

So clearly the FBI chick used Marty's info... to get America to go after the rival cartel..

The next question next season will be...

Will Marty end up having to sleep with the FBI chick

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Wendy asked Navarro that “if they are able to end his war with the rival cartel... they wanted Helen out of the Byrd business”

So clearly the FBI chick used Marty's info... to get America to go after the rival cartel..

Ohhh shit I thought they meant just leave her off the licensing thing not have her snuffed!!!!! I’m going to assuming Wendy didn’t mean kill her but he did “business” as he see fits...

Okay okay makes sense now... Damn I can’t wait til next season

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She remind me of the dynamics of Atlanta around the early 2000s when all the northern folks myself included moved down here. Outsiders came down here thinking they could run shit and all Atlanta people wanted was for us northern folks to respect the lay of the land. That’s how Darlene is she don’t like dealing with outsiders who’d deem her as a dumb country redneck. With her heartless approach to things she will become a real problem and she knew exactly what she was doing by recruiting Ruth

I think her recruiting Ruth will be her downfall...

Once Darlene does some crazy shit to one of her cousins... or ask Ruth to fuck Marty over...

Ruth will be in the perfect position to fuck her shit up from the inside...

The question is can Darlene truly break her?

BLACKLOOP

Rising Star
Registered
Darlene, is fucking crazy. And Jonah should've blasted that bitch.
Darlene is gonna end up getting Ruth killed.
lf Wendy and Marty just pulled off the move they did in episode 9 and 10 there is nothing that they won’t do. They don’t blink one bit or miss

T'Challa

Rising Star
Registered
One of my favorite episodes of this season was Boss Fight. It was a double entendre for Marty's desire to win.

As a child, he watched another kid struggle to beat an arcade game in the hospital. The other kid kept losing to the boss level, so one day he came with a pack a quarters. At this point, as a young kid, Marty seen that the one way to win in life was to trust the numbers and most of all trust in money.

As an adult, Marty is playing a different kind of game. While being held captive, He goes toe to toe with his Boss, Omar Navarro in Mexico. But not a physical fight... Navarro challenges Marty's character under direct pressure. When all the cartel accounts have been flagged, Navarro orders Marty to fix it. Marty then proves to his boss that he is the best at what he does unfreezing the accounts, making them legitimate right there on the spot. Inter cut with child Marty inserting coins, his determination to win is why he is so successful. As Navarro's goon drag him out of his office, Marty proclaimed "I'VE WON MOTHERFUCKER" as he may be the only person that has defeated his ruthless boss.

clarkbarr

Star
Platinum Member
i believe blood is on ruth hands pertaining to ben she whip him with the coochie and then he really flip when he learned he wasn't going to see her again SAD

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Spoiler

that scene was actually foreshadowed earlier on in the series. helen asked the hitman guy that if he ever had to come for her, he would let her know first. Welp, guess he lied.

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great Season. Superb Acting

The fucked up thing is, Ben was a honest human being. Aside of the cat he beat up in the bar, he didn't lash out on people who did no wrong.
Fucked up thing is, its gets you thinking about what is truly right or wrong. It's all about perception. What is crazy, what is sane - Interesting dynamic they played.

How much yall want to bet Ruth is going to be pregnant with Ben's Baby next season?

Nah, he also duffed out the grounds keeper (dude operating the wood chipper) at the school.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
i believe blood is on ruth hands pertaining to ben she whip him with the coochie and then he really flip when he learned he wasn't going to see her again SAD

Ben's Death is directly on Ruth's hands and she knew it when she confronted Wendy about her killing Ben. When Wendy said... "This is on you" Ruth knew it was.. but Ruth being Ruth.. She is never going to admit it.

Like someone said earlier... Ruth and Wendy are two sides of the same coin. That pride continues to cause them to fuck up.

Ruth is about to learn a Lesson when it comes to how Darlene runs shit.. vs Marty...

clarkbarr

Star
Platinum Member
i agree ruth had knowledge of ben situation wendy told her and she still whip him so there is some drops on her hand also

richlove

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man if you ever watch good girls or whatever’s it’s called on NBC you can add that big titties red white chick to the terrible wife club
You hate her? She to indecisive for me...one minute she's in, one minute she's out..then she wants to do gangsta shit, but not get her hands
dirty. But I don't hate her since she gave that thug some pussy in the bathroom.

richlove

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just up to ep 8. I was hoping Ruthie could stay in the fold, but it looks like she's going to side with Wyatt after the Byrds didn't kill Frank Jr. for fucking her up. Don't know wtf that therapist was thinking with her flossing and asking for more money. But I think she was comic relief anyway. I saw that this shit was #2 in the U.S. I'm hoping this pandemic is giving this show a chance to get the viewership it deserves, because it is
right behind Billions for the shit I look most forward to and I need at least 2 more seasons. Just want the writing to stay the same and not get stupid
like House of Cards the last couple of seasons.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
John Carter killed tht Ben role....:bravo:

when they told him he had to go to the loony bin i felt tht shit when he was ballin n calling out Wendy`s name...:crying:

something got in my eye instantly ...lol

also when Wendy pulled over crying ....man listen i had to pause n go outside for 5 mins.... :giggle:

N let them keep underestimating Darlene .... Bat shit crazy & dont give a fuck .... Bitch go from 0 to 100 real quik ...

Mob dude wanted no parts of tht .... bitch roled up on the set with jus Ruth no gun n said yeah i shot Tommy`s dick off...lol

man this shit keeps getting better n better ...pivotal season 4 coming up tho ..will it jump the shark...

this is when most good shows start to decline....:(

CSI....whas the name of the outro track of the finale ep...?

tht shit bang...:ipod:

never mind ...RTJ ohh la la
-

Last edited:

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered

i can definitely see it that way and I always appreciate your perspective. But I didnt even take it that deep. Marty showed Navarro that he was who he thought he was. Nigga flipped the account in seconds after days of torture and told that man tell him thank you. Navarro is angling Marty and Wendy like Jason Micic angled Ghost and Tommy. Like....when y'all work together, you're a force. Helen was moving against them on the company and guaranteed Navarro knew about that, so he was like fuck it....Helen you the weakest link now.....redundant. All she did most of the time was call the hitter....and we see how that worked out for her. All that said....I wasnt even thinking about the FBI chick might have actually sent a squad to Mexico against the rival cartel.

T'Challa

Rising Star
Registered
I have said since the first season that Jonah has traits of a sociopath. He shot a rifle at 13, pulled it on a fed and a cartel operative, and shot a deer as his first kill. He lost two best friends in Buddy and now Ben.... Helen told him the truth about Ben's fate as he held her at gun point. He has officially gone off the rails. I believe that Jonah will become what Wendy feared... him becoming unstable like Ben, and fed up with her lies, he may come after Wendy and since she is now directly working with Navarro, Jonah would be considered a threat to the operation. Charlotte has knowledge of her parents cartel ties too, so she might be a target.

Take this with a grain of salt, but if someone was a threat to the operation, if given the order, Wendy did not hesitate to set up Cade, Wendy set up her own mentally ill brother, so what the fuck make us think that she wont set up her son.................

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
I have said since the first season that Jonah has traits of a sociopath. He shot a rifle at 13, pulled it on a fed and a cartel operative, and shot a deer as his first kill. He lost two best friends in Buddy and now Ben.... Helen told him the truth about Ben's fate as he held her at gun point. He has officially gone off the rails. I believe that Jonah will become what Wendy feared... him becoming unstable like Ben, and fed up with her lies, he may come after Wendy and since she is now directly working with Navarro, Jonah would be considered a threat to the operation. Charlotte has knowledge of her parents cartel ties too, so she might be a target.

Take this with a grain of salt, but if someone was a threat to the operation, if given the order, Wendy did not hesitate to set up Cade, Wendy set up her own mentally ill brother, so what the fuck make us think that she wont set up her son.................

yeah, Jonah gonna be a problem. I think all the foreshadowing about him being like Ben is a setup for that to play out. Wendy...I could see her, in the end, getting offed by Navarro himself. I think Marty and Charlotte the only ones that make it out alive lol.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Spoiler

She was useless and conniving to a fault
Glad she's gone. She wasn't nearly as tough as she claimed to be. Just in this business you don't walk out with a box of your stuff
They murder you

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

It's on Wendy and Ruth
They both know better than the ppl telling them different.

Ruth knew better than Wendy who warned her
Wendy knew better than Marty who warned her

Neither of them knew better in this case.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

Jonah isn't coming after anyone in the family and he's not mentally unstable lol

Jonah just don't give a fuck about giving an inch.
He's a kid.
He's just going to be straight up with his mom and start his own thing.
They keep stifling his growth opportunities.
He's just going to stack up money and keep it 100 with them and then roll out

The kids aren't a liability. They're numb to this shit as far as being concerned about snitching