Deontay Wilder/Tyson Fury Official

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeap, Wilder needs to learn the basics. A good jab, right hand and hook would have clearly helped him tonight. If he would have got in Fury's chest, instead of trying to stay outside, he would have escape the onslaught. Fury would have tired after the first 4 rounds. He got caught because he really don't know how to fight. Now, if he let Mark really train him, then he would get a lot better. Mark is not there everyday. If Wilder would have stayed close and worked the body, Fury would have smothered his punches. The further away he was, the more range Fury had to catch him with all that smoke. I got to give it to Wilder, he is a tough dude. He didn't know enough, however, to get around the strategy Fury and his trainer came up with. Another thing. Wilder hasn't truly been in shape because he doesn't run. He needs to cut that shit out. He has to start hitting the road like everybody else. An ass whipping is the best lesson. I hope he take this lesson to heart and come back and rule the division the next five years.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Don't let the way Fury look fool you into thinking he can't fight, that mofo got skills and it was on full display tonight. I thought the same thing when I first saw Fury, I was like no way this dude can fight. After you see him fight, you like damn he nice wit it.
He landed the luckiest over hand right in the last 5 or 6 years.. completely destroyed wilders equilibrium... that fight was over in the 2nd round..it was obvious wilders skills were lacking but had his ear not been busted it might have been a different fight fury was not in shape

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have to watch the second round again.

I believe that's where he got hit in his ear and he started to lose his equilibrium. 3rd round on, he was wobbling and like he was delusional. He didn't know wtf was going on.
That knockdown busted his eardrum changed the whole path of the fight. The way he got up unsteady you could tell. Plus Fury stayed putting that weight on his neck to ware him down further. He also didn't allow Wilder and space to land that right.
Breland looked clueless in that corner. Wilder need the ghost of Manny Steward an this point.

It wasn't the knockdown. He might have gotten his ear drum busted then but you could already see in the first couple of rounds that he wasn't handling Fury's power well. Fury was breaking him down early.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wilder boxed the exact same way he always does. In this case, the right hand didnt land. Fury outboxed him the first fight and Wilder would have lost had he not landed the knockdown. I honestly think AJ would whoop his ass. Especially seeing how he boxed Ruiz. Fury didn't impress me either. I'm glad the ref started taking points. To throw two punches then lean on his neck for half the fight was frustrating to watch. Maybe he was trying to tire him out but had he stepped back to create a little distance after the first two knockdowns, fight would have been over in the fifth. The AJ that fought Ruiz would give Fury a hell of a challenge. I'm glad Fury won but more to expose Wilder than to support him. My kids box and I've seen more exciting sparring from the kids in the gym than this fight.

Last edited:

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You cant come out during Black history month in all Black armor with your fist raised and then let a fat cac beat the shit out of you. He needs to actually learn how to box. :lol:
This is an extended Black history month. I’m watching the highlights and was about to watch the post match show on FS1. I can’t and turned that shit as a matter of fact Fuck this thread and Fuck the BUCKS for beating the Sixers.

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
wilder might have the worst 1 2 in boxing... who taught him that slow as shit.. his whole camp should be fired
It wasn’t a problem until now. He went 42-0 with that style of fighting while knocking out 41 of this opponents. And the whole night everyone said the same thing. All it takes is one punch from him and it’s over. Yes, we all know he needed improvement in his technique. His last fight showed some improvement. But why fix something that ain’t broke.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Wilder 34. How much he gonna learn at this point?
I believe I said that or relented to that fact by saying “by this point” in my previous post you quoted. I also said that last year. He is older now and he relied on scaring his opponents with his schtick and that right hand. If he fights Fury again he will need a new trainer. That’s probably something he should’ve done by now. I get it. His trainer brought him thus far but he got exposed in the last fight. He should’ve added something different to focus on the setup of that right hand. Fury just came in and laid on him because he didn’t need to fear a jab snapping him back. Look, it’s not unheard of an old boxer learning some new tricks but he needs to start training for this now. Once he recovers he needs to get back in the gym and focus on developing a left jab. He can do it but it starts now. No off time. Get back in the gym and train and then watch film of him training to make corrections. Then go back and watch film of great fighters with a left jab. Then go practice it and tape the sessions and go back and watch it and make corrections. I think he has the will to do it.

nyeleman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was beautiful to watch and what's is mad is Fury is not even that god. Fury has been tormented in sparring by the likes of Dilian Whyte but he beat america's greatest hope for the heavyweight division. The LDBC cognitive dissonance is about to kick into overdrive. There is a good reason why Wilder's handlers never wanted him to take that 120 million offer and they fed him over the hill fighters to make him look like a good boxer. Wilder has simpy nevr been good and the whispers from Finkle and Haymon made him believe his own hype. He thought that WBC belt was his for life and how he is about to find out how ruthless his handlers are when they throw him away.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't let the way Fury look fool you into thinking he can't fight, that mofo got skills and it was on full display tonight. I thought the same thing when I first saw Fury, I was like no way this dude can fight. After you see him fight, you like damn he nice wit it.

I thought the same thing too. It's because he doesn't have rhythm, but he's skilled. He's just awkward to look at, like he's uncoordinated. But a couple of weeks ago, I was at a restaurant with my kids and the first fight was on and I watched it again. Fury was really dominate in that first fight but I was just turned off by awkwardness. When I watched it again, I saw he was always bladed towards Wilder, giving him very little to hit, plus having to get over that left shoulder at 6'9.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
It wasn’t a problem until now. He went 42-0 with that style of fighting while knocking out 41 of this opponents. And the whole night everyone said the same thing. All it takes is one punch from him and it’s over. Yes, we all know he needed improvement in his technique. His last fight showed some improvement. But why fix something that ain’t broke.
I agree.. if not for his ear. it clearly might have been a different fight

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
He landed the luckiest over hand right in the last 5 or 6 years.. completely destroyed wilders equilibrium... that fight was over in the 2nd round..it was obvious wilders skills were lacking but had his ear not been busted it might have been a different fight fury was not in shape
Thank you!!!! Everybody acting like they haven’t seen Wilder whoop many of ass 42X. Today it caught up to him due to the ear being busted. We all know Wilder is limited but damn that’s some good limitations to have. One punch power that could end the fight at anytime. We have seen it over and over again until tonight. Now everybody wanna go apes hit over it. Smh

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Man WTF This some bullshit I haven’t been this confident in a fight since Buster Douglas vs Mike Tyson.
Damn! There goes my lunch money

PS still Fuck CACs. I’m going to hear this shit from them on Monday.
Bruh, then you believed the hype. I knew this was going to happen after seeing the last fight. You must not watch a lot of boxing. I know it’s hard but folks got to leave skin color out of it and just watch boxing. Trust me I wanted Wilder to win but I didn’t ignore the last fight. Fury is a gracious fighter and I don’t mind he being the champ and I want him to unite the belts by beating Anthony. He will be fun to watch.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Talking bout he wanted a body on his record... Smh. Got his ass thoroughly embarassed tonight with his goofy ass. I think he actually thought he could box when he actually only had a right hand. He started believing the hype he was selling. I typically root for everything black but this dude was talking too much shit for me to support him and I saw that he didn't have the chops a long time ago.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Like I told @HeathCliff before when giving my HW rankings, Fury easily #1 if he's not coming off a 2.5 yr layoff coke binge blowing up to 400 lbs type of situation. He would box AJ's ears off easily as well. The only 1 in the division that got the skills is Usyk but he's 6'3 215 lbs coming up from CW and Fury would probably just use his reach/height/jab to keep Usyk at range

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This loss was good for Wilder. He needs to learn how to box. He doesn’t know how to setup that left hand. I said that last year. He needs to get with Lennox Lewis and get a left jab. Lennox was a master with that left handed jab. So much so that he could knock you at with that left jab. I also think that Fury wasn’t scared of Wilder anymore because he took his best punch and got knocked down and got back up. I don’t think Wilder will ever recover though. He got exposed by his non boxing skills. I would’ve thought he would’ve learned by now. Oh well. Fury will be unite all the belts. He won’t be beat anytime soon.

Nigga 34 going on 35. How much boxing is he going to learn at a championship level?

I agree with the sentiment, but I think Wilder will be a one punch fighter for the remainder of his career.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeap, Wilder needs to learn the basics. A good jab, right hand and hook would have clearly helped him tonight. If he would have got in Fury's chest, instead of trying to stay outside, he would have escape the onslaught. Fury would have tired after the first 4 rounds. He got caught because he really don't know how to fight. Now, if he let Mark really train him, then he would get a lot better. Mark is not there everyday. If Wilder would have stayed close and worked the body, Fury would have smothered his punches. The further away he was, the more range Fury had to catch him with all that smoke. I got to give it to Wilder, he is a tough dude. He didn't know enough, however, to get around the strategy Fury and his trainer came up with. Another thing. Wilder hasn't truly been in shape because he doesn't run. He needs to cut that shit out. He has to start hitting the road like everybody else. An ass whipping is the best lesson. I hope he take this lesson to heart and come back and rule the division the next five years.
For that, he would have to go back in time and start boxing earlier. He is who is. It worked great until it didn't.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like I told @HeathCliff before when giving my HW rankings, Fury easily #1 if he's not coming off a 2.5 yr layoff coke binge blowing up to 400 lbs type of situation. He would box AJ's ears off easily as well. The only 1 in the division that got the skills is Usyk but he's 6'3 215 lbs coming up from CW and Fury would probably just use his reach/height/jab to keep Usyk at range.
Man I have 0% faith in Usyk in the HW division.

The way Tony Bellew was touching him up, and the way I saw a 44th ranked Witherspoon was catching him, his ass is going to sleep fighting anybody in the top 5. I already got my money on Chisora whenever they're ready to set that up.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Nigga 34 going on 35. How much boxing is he going to learn at a championship level?

I agree with the sentiment, but I think Wilder will be a one punch fighter for the remainder of his career.
Y’all dudes don’t read. I said that! I said that last year too! Stop pissing me off. Lol. I am mad as shit because Wilder never learned to jab. I had to live through the Lennox Lewis and Klitschko Brothers era after Iron Mike and Holyfield. This shit don’t sit well with me. Leave me be! Lol. I am messing with you. Wilder was our last hope. It will be awhile before we have another like him. Brothers aren’t going into boxing like they use too. The sweet science is a lost art amongst us brothers in the United States on a heavyweight professional level.