Ja'net Dubois "Willona from Good Times" Dies aged 74

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
R.I.P. Ms. DuBois. No disrespect, but I thought she was older than 74. That would make her 28 or 29 when Good Times started in 1974. Hmm.

Paul1970

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
4581_9162_500.jpeg

So talented and fine.
Rest in peace Miss DuBois.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Sad to say but we're going to start experiencing this a lot more frequently in the next decade.

Most of the iconic stars of the 70's and 80's are ironically now in their 70's and 80's at this point so their deaths are inevitable ar this point.

We even have some legends like Harry Belafonte, Sidney Portier, Betty White, etc. who are already in their 90's.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
R.I.P.. *hums Jeffersons ending theme* :sad:

Loved this episode..

"That's YOUUU...on TAPE-UH!!!" :roflmao2:

The CHCH tv channel actually showed that episode yesterday. I think it actually landed by chance too because it is in that season on rotation. I was so happy to see that episode pop up. They didn't put any RIP at beginning or end of the program though. One of the best episodes for sure from that series.

RIP talented queen.

Her role on Good Times showed she had a good heart. Her character was strong when needed to be and vulnerable when some jerk would try to play her. Besides taking a stand against Penny's mother my other favorite scene is when a guy she liked tried to gorilla mack Thelma when he cornered her in the kitchen and she put hands on dude. She was a true ride or die character :yes: . The most enduring aspect about Wilona is that she never gave up and stayed driven to succeed despite all the negativity there was for a single sista in the projects.

Touched this above, but that episode with Penny's mom actually aired by chance and you are spot on.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya'll remember this? Willona vs. Fred

This is going to sound crazy, but I forgot that was Wilona lol.

That ending with Fred saying to take the faggity jacket lol that would be SO MUCH backlash today.