Ja'net Dubois "Willona from Good Times" Dies aged 74

letsshoot

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP Wilona these fucn roaring 20's starting to eat away our stars at almost an unprecidented pace.. Dayum she was only 74 young

KINGSAPIO

Torah All Day!
BGOL Investor
Rest in heavenly and divine peace Janet.
Another Soldier-ette gone in this physical world.
Blessings to the ENTIRE family.

2020, why so early... Why?​

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Just saw this. Man that sucks. I loved her on that show and had a.major crush on her as a kid. I always thought she was so beautiful.

Rest in peace Ja'Net you left an impression on us all.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, Baby Girl text me the news as soon as it hit.
Then she said, “I am starting to get that 2016 feeling...”

I mean, we only a little more 6 weeks in and it’s been a rough ride already.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
At her age I can only surmise what happened. Lot of our older folk get taken by pneumonia and flu at this time. I'm very sorry to hear this as Good Times and her fine self was a major part of my childhood. May you rest in peace, thank you for all the memories.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
RIP talented queen.

Her role on Good Times showed she had a good heart. Her character was strong when needed to be and vulnerable when some jerk would try to play her. Besides taking a stand against Penny's mother my other favorite scene is when a guy she liked tried to gorilla mack Thelma when he cornered her in the kitchen and she put hands on dude. She was a true ride or die character :yes: . The most enduring aspect about Wilona is that she never gave up and stayed driven to succeed despite all the negativity there was for a single sista in the projects.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Rest in peace.

24904188-8017937-image-a-57_1582063602131.jpg

24902566-8017937-Gone_but_not_forgotten_The_actress_who_played_Willona_Woods_on_t-m-37_1582061652531.jpg