Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

source.gif

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Hold on Hold on...

I did NOT realize Disney OWNS FX now...

could that mean Legion and The Gifted could STILL be alive????!!!!!

Yeah,Disney got most of Fox's properties, including the subsidiaries like FX,Searchlight and etc....

The only thing Fox kept with them was Foxsports and a few other things.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Marvel TV chief was 'blindsided' by Netflix cancellations of Daredevil, Jessica Jones

The sprawling beast that is Disney has, it turns out, a downside. Jeph Loeb, chief of Marvel TV, suggested he'd been left out of the loop when it came to Netflix canceling its Marvel TV shows, following the streamer's breakup with Marvel TV overlord Disney.

"The hardest part was while the situation at Netflix of which I really can't go into other than to say that we were blindsided and the things that were to come weren't finished yet," Loeb said in an interview with Deadline published on Monday.

In 2017 Disney dropped the bombshell that it would be pulling all its movies from Netflix by 2019 and not renewing its contract with the streamer. While it got on with plans for its own mammoth streamer, Netflix went on to cancel its Marvel TV shows Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Punisher. The heroes in the first four of those shows had formed the groundbreaking Defenders crossover miniseries in 2017.

Outside Netflix, many streamers that share Disney corporate parenthood currently host Marvel TV shows. Two of those on different platforms will see another groundbreaking crossover: Cloak & Dagger on Freeform and Runaways on Hulu.

Loeb touched on what Marvel TV looks for in a streamer relationship. "A lot of times the reason why Marvel lands on a platform is because of the people. When they get it, when they want us," Loeb said.

Red flags come in the form of big agendas.

"I've been on the other side of that, I've been the writer producer, who's tried to work with the network, and there's a whole agenda that's going on that you don't know anything about, you're just making your show," said Loeb, who's written for Smallville and Heroes.

In talking about Marvel TV's embrace of animated shows, including the idea of an animated Deadpool, Loeb brought up the Defenders and confirmed he was putting together a team of heroes again but in the world of animation. This band of misfits, including Howard the Duck, will be known as the Offenders and have a place on Hulu. Loeb also confirmed Ghost Rider and Helstrom projects are in the pipeline.

One thing Loeb had to clear up is that Marvel Studios, not Marvel Television, is in charge of all those Disney Plus shows coming out, like Loki and Hawkeye. He did confirm Marvel TV is going to do shows with Disney Plus, but has no announcements for us yet.

Netflix and Disney did not have a comment, while Marvel TV have not yet responded to a request for comment.

https://www.cnet.com/news/marvel-tv...lix-cancellations-of-daredevil-jessica-jones/

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Marvel TV chief was 'blindsided' by Netflix cancellations of Daredevil, Jessica Jones

The sprawling beast that is Disney has, it turns out, a downside. Jeph Loeb, chief of Marvel TV, suggested he'd been left out of the loop when it came to Netflix canceling its Marvel TV shows, following the streamer's breakup with Marvel TV overlord Disney.

"The hardest part was while the situation at Netflix of which I really can't go into other than to say that we were blindsided and the things that were to come weren't finished yet," Loeb said in an interview with Deadline published on Monday.

In 2017 Disney dropped the bombshell that it would be pulling all its movies from Netflix by 2019 and not renewing its contract with the streamer. While it got on with plans for its own mammoth streamer, Netflix went on to cancel its Marvel TV shows Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Punisher. The heroes in the first four of those shows had formed the groundbreaking Defenders crossover miniseries in 2017.

Outside Netflix, many streamers that share Disney corporate parenthood currently host Marvel TV shows. Two of those on different platforms will see another groundbreaking crossover: Cloak & Dagger on Freeform and Runaways on Hulu.

Loeb touched on what Marvel TV looks for in a streamer relationship. "A lot of times the reason why Marvel lands on a platform is because of the people. When they get it, when they want us," Loeb said.

Red flags come in the form of big agendas.

"I've been on the other side of that, I've been the writer producer, who's tried to work with the network, and there's a whole agenda that's going on that you don't know anything about, you're just making your show," said Loeb, who's written for Smallville and Heroes.

In talking about Marvel TV's embrace of animated shows, including the idea of an animated Deadpool, Loeb brought up the Defenders and confirmed he was putting together a team of heroes again but in the world of animation. This band of misfits, including Howard the Duck, will be known as the Offenders and have a place on Hulu. Loeb also confirmed Ghost Rider and Helstrom projects are in the pipeline.

One thing Loeb had to clear up is that Marvel Studios, not Marvel Television, is in charge of all those Disney Plus shows coming out, like Loki and Hawkeye. He did confirm Marvel TV is going to do shows with Disney Plus, but has no announcements for us yet.

Netflix and Disney did not have a comment, while Marvel TV have not yet responded to a request for comment.

https://www.cnet.com/news/marvel-tv...lix-cancellations-of-daredevil-jessica-jones/
fuck Jeph Loeb
dead man walking
:lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
new actors
different characters than Netflix versions
expect characters closer to the books - especially since Perlmutter & Co at Marvel Ent. are frozen out

Sidebar...

For the YEARS of mistakes by Permutter.

How in the hell did they finally lock him out?

He seemed untouchable

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
No Charlie Cox... then it's a no go for me.

Dude was perfect as Daredevil.

Agreed.

But...

The fact that Feige will have oversight AND the universe is finally truly United?

I might be willing to make the sacrifice

I do wish they could all return.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well since they are going the Multiverse route...
  • Marvel can just say the Netflix shows were a different Universe...
  • Or pickup were the shows left off but use the "Snap" and 5 year time jump to tie the TV shows in to the MCU
And now they see what worked and didn't work it will make it easier to go forward...
  • 8 to 10 episodes
  • Heroes for Hire with an assembly cast of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, Daughters of the Dragon...
Only 3 people they should bring back are Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Onofrio and Jon Bernthal...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well since they are going the Multiverse route...
  • Marvel can just say the Netflix shows were a different Universe...
  • Or pickup were the shows left off but use the "Snap" and 5 year time jump to tie the TV shows in to the MCU
And now they see what worked and didn't work it will make it easier to go forward...
  • 8 to 10 episodes
  • Heroes for Hire with an assembly cast of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, Daughters of the Dragon...
Only 3 people they should bring back are Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Onofrio and Jon Bernthal...

Wow...

You think the actors playing Jessica and Luke weren't good?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You don't think they would do an interesting take on the Punisher?

Image a vic makey jax teller mayans mas up in the marvel universe
Kurt Sutter was the writer behind those 2 series...

based on Bastard Executioner and Mayans... imo he has lost his touch / run out of ideas

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damn it!!!!

Even if this IS true?

We probably LOSING those actors since they NETFLIX...

CORRECT?

From my understanding of the deal and what happened....

Marvel / Disney can't show those same title characters on tv for 2 years after the last season aired...

However, what no one has specified ( that I have seen), is if there is a restriction on the actors in those roles.

So if we continue with its just a 2 year restriction from the last season on Flix to the new season on whatever network.... Ideally Marvel could actually develop and start shooting new seasons of all / most of those shows this/ next year and they could debut on the new network beginning in late 2020 / early 2021.

Or there is a 2 year wait on even going into production, so then that would be a nearly 3 year hiatus between seasons.... So would any of the 'flix actors still be available 2 years later?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
From my understanding of the deal and what happened....

Marvel / Disney can't show those same title characters on tv for 2 years after the last season aired...

However, what no one has specified ( that I have seen), is if there is a restriction on the actors in those roles.

So if we continue with its just a 2 year restriction from the last season on Flix to the new season on whatever network.... Ideally Marvel could actually develop and start shooting new seasons of all / most of those shows this/ next year and they could debut on the new network beginning in late 2020 / early 2021.

Or there is a 2 year wait on even going into production, so then that would be a nearly 3 year hiatus between seasons.... So would any of the 'flix actors still be available 2 years later?
you misunderstand the terms of the license

Yes Marvel can't use the same characters / shows on TV for a few years ...
but what that also means is that Marvel legally can do a new series, name it Daredevil: The Man Without Fear... and use a new actor to play Daredevil, new costume design, scraping everything used in Netflix and then faithfully build the characters and story around a Frank Miller, Bendis or Brubaker arc

A serious Foggy, with Karen Page as a heroine ho and the comic version of Kingpin

Many of these character retcons are inplace for legal loopholes for the licensor

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you misunderstand the terms of the license

Yes Marvel can't use the same characters / shows on TV for a few years ...
but what that also means is that Marvel legally can do a new series, name it Daredevil: The Man Without Fear... and use a new actor to play Daredevil, new costume design, scraping everything used in Netflix and then faithfully build the characters and story around a Frank Miller, Bendis or Brubaker arc

A serious Foggy, with Karen Page as a heroine ho and the comic version of Kingpin

Many of these character retcons are inplace for legal loopholes for the licensor

Thanks for your input fam,

I already assumed a new series title / new actors would be ok legally. I was just pondering the possibility for all the fans that liked the Netflix versions and characters.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kurt Sutter was the writer behind those 2 series...

based on Bastard Executioner and Mayans... imo he has lost his touch / run out of ideas

Yeah Sutter is a little lost...

But I think having a strong hand dealing with a well established pre existing property

Under Feige

Marvel style writers room

That crew could work magic.