Lil nas X shit

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
The old I’m selling so I’m good excuse. That’s the lamest , weakest , sorriest excuse known to man. Vanilla Ice sold 21 million records too.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
But I'm saying though, that argument that cuts both ways.

And Vanilla Ice's song still gets played in commercials, movies, clubs etc...
As a joke it gets played but nobody is playing it because they actually like it other than to make fun of the shit.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The old I’m selling so I’m good excuse. That’s the lamest , weakest , sorriest excuse known to man. Vanilla Ice sold 21 million records too.
He's not making an "excuse," though... he literally doesn't give a fuck what Dave East says. He's not even defending his song. He's just happy that it's #1. It's like a nigga who thinks Asian chicks are ugly calling a broad you chopped wack. Would you give a fuck what that no-pussy gettin' nigga thinks? I wouldn't.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Has Dave East ever had a song as popular as this? Cuz I missed it if he did.
Not even close. And I don't mind him being the real hip-hop guy, I have respect for that , but I persoy dont care for his shit. And I do like the old town road song.

This is the most publicity Dave East ever had, deciding to be a hater.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not even close. And I don't mind him being the real hip-hop guy, I have respect for that , but I persoy dont care for his shit. And I do like the old town road song.

This is the most publicity Dave East ever had, deciding to be a hater.
This. In theory, I like Dave's shit because I like the idea of "real" Hip-Hop being kept alive, but, in reality, I don't even download his albums here for free.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What are you talking about?
Who told you that is a lame excuse.
Success says it all brother man.
Fuck what you heard.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
As a joke it gets played but nobody is playing it because they actually like it other than to make fun of the shit.

That just means it's embedded in the culture.

It will lead to several parodies and remixes by the culture which only solidifies it's growth and popularity.

Then it gets played on a tv commercial for some company, even more winning.

All you need is one song.

I missed this and I guess that's a no. :lol:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
This. In theory, I like Dave's shit because I like the idea of "real" Hip-Hop being kept alive, but, in reality, I don't even download his albums here for free.
I've played a few. None stick to my memory. What sucks for Dave , I already have a ton of "real hip-hop" songs in my brain already, so I'm not really giving his shit a chance lol. Of I wanna hear something that sounds like that era, I'll just listen to that era.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

It will lead to several parodies and remixes by the culture which only solidifies it's growth and popularity.

If your one song is THAT song, that's how ya do it. Congrats to the kid. He did everything Dave East could hope to do right out the gate.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
What are you talking about?
Who told you that is a lame excuse.
Success says it all brother man.
Fuck what you heard.
Success? You mean machine generated bullshit? By your logic Thotiana is the illest song out

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man Thank You!!! :cheers:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Who are these white boys whose show he's on? Funny how that works where you can just skip the urban market and be straight pop.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

I don’t know where you live but that Nas X trash gets no play anywhere on Black Radio here. It’s crackas loving that garbage. No niggas are riding around playing that goofy shit. That Dave East and Chris Brown record got much spin on Black radio.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
I don’t know where you live but that Nas X trash gets no play anywhere on Black Radio here. It’s crackas loving that garbage. No niggas are riding around playing that goofy shit. That Dave East and Chris Brown record got much spin on Black radio.

This Lil Nas X song is played on Sirus XM and the local radio stations that play hip hop and r&b.

Was just at a HBCU fashion show and they played it.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Not here and I don’t pay for radio fuck Sirius

Can't fight the popularity of that song. It ain't just white people playing that song.

Niggas might not play it in the whip but behind closed doors that song is getting spins. :lol:

I for one don't mind the song. I like the fact a young black kid was able to make a country song this popular in his favor.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I like how lil dude put a lil sauce on his response lol. Like just a teency bit of "fuck Dave East" on it.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No. That is not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is, if you say I am wack and you homeless and I am a millionaire... I don't give a fuck what you say.

Success? You mean machine generated bullshit? By your logic Thotiana is the illest song out