The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix horror, thriller)

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
This is a surprising good show. The story arc is very good. The first episode starts off slow, but by the end of the episode you will get hooked. I binged watched the whole season in one day. I was captivated by it. For a horror-thriller they did an excellent job. Very suspenseful. If you’re looking for something to watch and you have some time on your hands I would say give this show a watch. It’s one of the best original content shows Netflix has created in my opinion. I will say that the first 40 minutes or so may seem boring, but it will pickup after that and it will all fit together in the end. Very good show to watch with your girl or by yourself.

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're right, I just finished watching the first episode. It was really, really, good. My only complaint is its creators didnt develop the family very well in the first episode. The way the story jumps around, and the way the white people look so much alike, it's hard to tell who's who. It's definitely worth a watch if you're into suspense/horror films.

Last edited:

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yall say its good, but another forum says it sucks, and will only scare middle aged white women. Might watch 1 episode just to see.

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yall say its good, but another forum says it sucks, and will only scare middle aged white women. Might watch 1 episode just to see.
It has a perfect score on Rotten Tomatoes. Several other critically acclaimed reviews as well from pretty much every media outlet.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I dunno.. I watched it over the weekend n got to episode 5 n got bored with it... Mayb i might try to finish it.. I dunno

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Just finished it. didn't like the ending, but it was a great series. Really not a horror flick.

They were going to do the ending a little different by having the red door in the background at the end when they were all together. The writer didn’t want to tease people and have them questioning, if they got out or not. They still have several different ways to go for season 2.

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just finished it. didn't like the ending, but it was a great series. Really not a horror flick.
I'm only five episodes in, so I can't say anything definitive about it yet. But, so far, it really isn't a typical demonic horror flick--if it was I doubt I'd watch it. It's more suspenseful than any thing. The camera angles are what fuck with me the most: the camera will pan out and get a wide angle of someone within a scene, and show shit around and behind them, making you think a ghost is going to suddenly appear. Then nothing happens. Moreover, like near the end of the "Bent Neck Lady" episode you expect some fucked up shit a lot sooner than it does. How they fuck with my expectations and keep surprising me is whats making it good.

Last edited:

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
I dunno.. I watched it over the weekend n got to episode 5 n got bored with it... Mayb i might try to finish it.. I dunno
This is one of those shows you watch on a lazy day. The show may seem boring in some parts, but you have to pay attention because some clues are being dropped.

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This story would be a lot different if it was about a Black family that lived in that house. Episode 8, when the two sisters are driving in the car. See, that car would have been abandoned on the side of the fucking road. I would have called a a tow truck driver to drive it straight to a dealership and trade it in, without ever sitting my Black ass back in it again, first thing in the morning. I wouldn't care if they only offered .25 cents trade in value for it either. The same thing goes for that fucking house after the first time I knew I saw a ghost. I'd cut my loses and get a job at McDonalds, so I could live the rest of my life in peace.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

I heard so much about this shit. Told the ol' lady about it. Said we got some good shit to watch. After the first episode, she looked at me like :hmm: Might be coming down off that Daredevil high because that shit was too good.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I heard so much about this shit. Told the ol' lady about it. Said we got some good shit to watch. After the first episode, she looked at me like :hmm: Might be coming down off that Daredevil high because that shit was too good.
I watched 4 episodes and I couldn't take it anymore.

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm going to give episode 2 a chance. Maybe it picks up. Halloween remake got me watching twice. Fell asleep during this show.
Watch through the bent neck lady episode.

Something I’ve never seen in a horror flick and to me depicts what demonic forces would really be like.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Watch through the bent neck lady episode.

Something I’ve never seen in a horror flick and to me depicts what demonic forces would really be like.
What episode is that? Do you need to watch to it or can you watch the episode stand alone?

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
Wish I could watch the shit but I got 2 small children. I literally had to watch the first episode because they little asses wouldn't sit down and shut the fuck up somewhere.

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What episode is that? Do you need to watch to it or can you watch the episode stand alone?
Episode 5

5 children - Episodes 1 through 5 tells the story of each child during their time in hill house and them as adults present time.

I get it seems slow at first but it’s a good story if you stick with it.

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I normally don’t find any white women sexy but I’ll make an exception for Carla Gugino.

White women age horribly as we all know but not her.

Carla-Gugino-Olivia.jpg

931_carla-gugino-tetas-sin-city.jpg

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm probably in the minority, but this show was trash. I found it far too slow paced, with far too many meaningless/filler scenes.

If you like PG-13 kiddie horror/suspense then this show's for you.

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit is fire...

Great dialogue...great acting...and it puts a magnifying glass on REAL pink family dysfunction

I think that I am like on episode 8.

This shit has a lot drama for a horror.

If you liked Hereditary, you will love this....equal emphasis on horror and drama.

Ive been very happy with the level of dysfunction in movies about pink families lately though....

Hope it keeps coming........