Netflix’s ‘The Haunting Of Bly Manor’ - The Haunting of Hill House part 2

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

The first teaser and launch date for The Haunting of Bly Manor from Mike Flanagan and Trevor Macy has been unveiled.

The next chapter of The Haunting anthology series from The Haunting of Hill House creator Mike Flanagan and producer Trevor Macy, The Haunting of Bly Manor is set in 1980s England. After an au pair’s tragic death, Henry Wingrave (Henry Thomas) hires a young American nanny (Victoria Pedretti) to care for his orphaned niece and nephew (Amelie Bea Smith, Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) who reside at Bly Manor.

They are joined there by the estate’s chef Owen (Rahul Kohli), groundskeeper Jamie (Amelia Eve), and housekeeper, Mrs. Grose (T’Nia Miller). But all is not as it seems at the manor, and centuries of dark secrets of love and loss are waiting to be unearthed in this gothic romance. At Bly Manor, dead doesn’t mean gone.
Producing partners Flanagan and Macy drew from the iconic supernatural stories of Henry James to create the ensemble drama, which also stars Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Kate Siegel, and Tahirah Sharif. The series is executive produced by Flanagan and Macy for Intrepid Pictures, along with Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey for Amblin Television.
The Haunting of Bly Manor will be available to Netflix members worldwide on October 9 2020.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Creepy show, but kind of slow. Makes you want to keep watching though to find out what's going on

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Against my better judgement I'll check it out on the strength of me loving horror movies/shows.

I've learned my lesson from their first season though. If nothing has happened within the first 3 or 4 episodes?

I'm bailing. Haunted Hill was one of the most boring "horror shows" I've ever watched.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Against my better judgement I'll check it out on the strength of me loving horror movies/shows.

I've learned my lesson from their first season though. If nothing has happened within the first 3 or 4 episodes?

I'm bailing. Haunted Hill was one of the most boring "horror shows" I've ever watched.
Shit happens damn near as soon as the lady starts the story. It pulls you in with certain images

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Really liked Hill House. Started Bly at 3am Friday as soon as it was made available, but been too busy since then to pick it back up. Gotta try today.

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit happens damn near as soon as the lady starts the story. It pulls you in with certain images

I'm watching it now.

Not trying to spoil anything, but if the images you are talking about is this Harry Potter nigga with the flashlight glasses..

I might have to bail now.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
I'm watching it now.

Not trying to spoil anything, but if the images you are talking about is this Harry Potter nigga with the flashlight glasses..

I might have to bail now.
:lol: I just got to the episode where they explain it.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor

Man i started and restarted Hill at least 10 fucking times :angry: Shit got more boring each damn time...only thing that kept me half way tuned in was the Angelina Jolie look a like dyke.....oh it didn't help that I got 3 bad ass kids too. :angry:

Did the shit end up good though?

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man i started and restarted Hill at least 10 fucking times :angry: Shit got more boring each damn time...only thing that kept me half way tuned in was the Angelina Jolie look a like dyke.....oh it didn't help that I got 3 bad ass kids too. :angry:

Did the shit end up good though?

I thought it was trash too. I guess I have a hard time getting in to these 2000's and later type horror shows/movies.

I grew up on watching horror like Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers etc. Those movies actually SHOWED the killers AND people getting killed.

Movies of today are all about jump scares and alluding to some entity/demon but not ever showing it.

Last edited: