Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DiRhzqmUcAAPn0L.jpg

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
hey yall

feeling super reflective.

got into a conversation about expectations and potential. realized my graduating high school class is old as fuck (dammit im old as fuck) and started thinking about ole boy i graduated with. dude was an ass, but he was a smart ass. not a smartass, but he was really smart. all the upper advanced classes and part of that group that if you really tried - and you didn't have to try too hard - you could have been successful. in some way.

college
lawyer
business

and i could see dude being a good businessman.
or even just a hustla.

but

he went and did something stupid. and we all read about it (national news is kinda hard to escape).

so in my conversation i thought of dude and googled him again to find the story he was originally arrested on. only to find out they put another body on him, in another city.
and i been low key bugging all week.
I don't get it.

this wasn't my REAL GOOD friend and i didn't keep up with his home life like that (he could be a smartass) but i just don't get it. how does that bug get you? regardless of what he had going on homewise in high school he had the resources to go to the next level. we all did. (poor ass school but we had some good teachers). so i really don't get it. it makes me scared for my kids that the smallest unassuming thing can grab the most awful of a person.

i see the mugshots, what happened in court. dude is unrecognizable.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
hey yall

got into a conversation about expectations and potential. realized my graduating high school class is old as fuck (dammit im old as fuck) and started thinking about ole boy i graduated with. dude was an ass, but he was a smart ass. not a smartass, but he was really smart. all the upper advanced classes and part of that group that if you really tried - and you didn't have to try too hard - you could have been successful. in some way.

college
lawyer
business

or even just a hustla.

but

he went and did something stupid. and we all read about it (national news is kinda hard to escape).

so in my conversation i thought of dude and googled him again to find the story he was originally arrested on. only to find out they put another body on him, in another city.
I don't get it.

this wasn't my REAL GOOD friend and i didn't keep up with his home life like that (he could be a smartass) but i just don't get it. how does that bug get you? regardless of what he had going on homewise in high school he had the resources to go to the next level. we all did. (poor ass school but we had some good teachers). so i really don't get it. it makes me scared for my kids that the smallest unassuming thing can grab the most awful of a person.

bomani jones tells this story about why he NEVER EVER EVER says he KNOWS someone

a VERY close friend in his circle from college...unassuming smart cool guy...

was found to be a SERIAL violent rapist.

every time he tells that story I get chills, because it is TRUE

and as a parent you meet the parents go to parties and school events

and you THINK you know them...

but you REALLY don't.

You REALLY can;t do anything but pray be vigilant and do your BEST to love your kids and keep them safe.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
bomani jones tells this story about why he NEVER EVER EVER says he KNOWS someone

a VERY close friend in his circle from college...unassuming smart cool guy...

was found to be a SERIAL violent rapist.

every time he tells that story I get chills, because it is TRUE

and as a parent you meet the parents go to parties and school events

and you THINK you know them...

but you REALLY don't.

You REALLY can;t do anything but pray be vigilant and do your BEST to love your kids and keep them safe.

I'll say one thing.

It's a cosign to say I know you. Versus I know OF you. This however is one of the biggest reasons my kids don't have play dates.

This dude was just buggin' me...knowing how our group was. Heartbreaking.

Oh well.

I dropped my soap this morning. My ass is fine. Hastag, consequences to your actions. (Moment is over, LOL.)

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
hey yall

college
lawyer
business

or even just a hustla.

but

I don't get it.

Reminds me of a story of a guy I grew up with who physically used to stalk me, mostly because I went through puberty and had big boobs before other girls. Went out to lunch a few years ago with one of his relatives and asked how he was doing... Yeah, he killed 3 people execution style and was featured on a ABC news or some Dateline story saying he was the devil...um, yeah, you never really know someone. I knew he was kinda crazy but not THAT crazy.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Reminds me of a story of a guy I grew up with who physically used to stalk me, mostly because I went through puberty and had big boobs before other girls. Went out to lunch a few years ago with one of his relatives and asked how he was doing... Yeah, he killed 3 people execution style and was featured on a ABC news or some Dateline story saying he was the devil...um, yeah, you never really know someone. I knew he was kinda crazy but not THAT crazy.

OMG

That's scary. First cause he trying to pick up on an underaged girl...second because that sounds like some mental unstability. That scares me that people can have these mental problems and no one says "let's go get some help" until something awful happens.

I'm creeped.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

WHAT?!?!?!?

This is why these white folk keep telling me I'm to STRICT with my oldest.

I cannot even TRY to imagine that.

Sorry you went thru that...

did you TELL anyone at the time?

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
WHAT?!?!?!?

This is why these white folk keep telling me I'm to STRICT with my oldest.

I cannot even TRY to imagine that.

Sorry you went thru that...

did you TELL anyone at the time?

Nope, never shared how physically creepy he was with me. I didn't really know how to let someone know how he made me feel. So sad because there are probably young women and men who feel this way now about someone else - it's part of the reason I went into mental health for children, though: giving a voice to those who feel like they don't have one.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nope, never shared how physically creepy he was with me. I didn't really know how to let someone know how he made me feel. So sad because there are probably young women and men who feel this way now about someone else - it's part of the reason I went into mental health for children, though: giving a voice to those who feel like they don't have one.

and that is VERY VERY IMPORTANT.

Status
Not open for further replies.