Random Thoughts go here......2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
Don't let people ever tell you that raising a child isn't hard. Here I am, six months postpartum and:

- My marriage is a mess. We haven't gone on a date since we've had the baby. We argue constantly.
- I haven't had sex since having the baby because I'm tired all the time and my husband would rather play video games.
- I breastfeed and I hate it because hormonally it takes me all over the place. When I tried to stop breastfeeding, my son refused to take formula so I'm back to square one.

Some days I don't even want to be a mom. I haven't felt this low in a long time. Yes, the psychologist needs to see a psychologist. I hate this...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Don't let people ever tell you that raising a child isn't hard. Here I am, six months postpartum and:

- My marriage is a mess. We haven't gone on a date since we've had the baby. We argue constantly.
- I haven't had sex since having the baby because I'm tired all the time and my husband would rather play video games.
- I breastfeed and I hate it because hormonally it takes me all over the place. When I tried to stop breastfeeding, my son refused to take formula so I'm back to square one.

Some days I don't even want to be a mom. I haven't felt this low in a long time. Yes, the psychologist needs to see a psychologist. I hate this...

First off

its OK...this is NORMAL

Your a GREAT mom and a great wife

its STRESS

and being surrounded by people and social media and TV and movies that claim it is ALL PERFECT after the baby aint helping

Your both out of rhythm. He isn't sure how to give you what you need and you don't really feel up to ANYTHING like now

and it OVERWHELMING

again it NATURAL your HUMAN and he LOVES you.

most do NOT understand just how stressful and just how much of a physical and emotional time consuming thing breastfeeding is...

EVERY baby is different.

Get a good pump and encourage your husband to take over some of the feeding.

While STILL a chore, expressing for a few weeks will give you SOME freedom and allow you some breaks while also weening the baby off.

(the baby may not like the taste of the formula you may have to experiment with a few)

Hopefully you have a good relationship with your pediatrician or ob/gyn...

maybe even speak to a lactation consultant (even though I know some of them can make it MORE stressful and pressuring but there some really good ones too)

You are a GREAT mom...

and even SUPER MOM feels like running into a dark corner and hiding.

And it is good it is safe it is NORMAL to speak to someone about how you feel.

It is NOT a sign of weakness no stigma

it just shows how MUCH you love yourself your baby your husband your relationship and your family.

you can PM me WHENEVER you want.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
quote-the-god-s-tropical-ladies-call-me-black-fruit-punch-ghostface-killah-67-46-56.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

― Mahatma Gandhi​

Status
Not open for further replies.