God Of War Ragnarok PS4/PS5

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
:lol: I spit out my water. I feel you. Bronze trophy king right here.

man for most games...the difference between settings is the computer just cheats more or it takes more hits/shots to kill an enemy...but the gameplay/outcome still remains the same

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was a cool fight. I almost dropped the difficulty there, but i had to pause and go pick up my daughter. Came back fresh and ready to finish him
Is hard at first but they do the same move every time
And remember to use the spartan rage

This is the best looking game I ever seen

The menu is a little confusing at first

The game is definitely a 10

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
That was a cool fight. I almost dropped the difficulty there, but i had to pause and go pick up my daughter. Came back fresh and ready to finish him

Bruh it started off crazy and never took its foot off the gas. When he adjusted his jaw, said "my turn" then knocked Kratos bitch ass over that house I was like HHHOOOOOOLLLYYYYYYYYY SHIT! :eek2:

That whole scene was wild.... Unreal

:eek2::eek2:

This game about to kill my PS4 pro
The fan is going full speed

My shit is in a super cool area and I keep my place on 71 or cooler when I'm here. I'm part Eskimo I swear... But yeah between this and the fact I figured out how to get the game to play in UHD HDR, full 4k, this shit is eye candy. I'm gonna dig in more tonight. Finishing up some challenges on Forza first.

Is hard at first but they do the same move every time
And remember to use the spartan rage

This is the best looking game I ever seen

The menu is a little confusing at first

The game is definitely a 10

The buttons suck. Having striking mapped to the RT and RB button is complete bullshit. Move the party to square, attack to X and maybe hold RT + X for heavy attack and this shit would be AWESOME.

Guess I got GTA online on the brain

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Me either, The over the shoulder style is Great for the last of us, but now "white Kratos" can't even jump.

How sway? in 3 he basically broke the world.

Now in the reincarnation he is no longer kinda black but a Viking with a ginger kid for a son. I with fam will wait till it's $20 on black Friday.

They dropped this shit on Hitler's birthday too. Nothing but skinhead Nazi bullshit here.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh it started off crazy and never took its foot off the gas. When he adjusted his jaw, said "my turn" then knocked Kratos bitch ass over that house I was like HHHOOOOOOLLLYYYYYYYYY SHIT! :eek2:

That whole scene was wild.... Unreal

My shit is in a super cool area and I keep my place on 71 or cooler when I'm here. I'm part Eskimo I swear... But yeah between this and the fact I figured out how to get the game to play in UHD HDR, full 4k, this shit is eye candy. I'm gonna dig in more tonight. Finishing up some challenges on Forza first.

The buttons suck. Having striking mapped to the RT and RB button is complete bullshit. Move the party to square, attack to X and maybe hold RT + X for heavy attack and this shit would be AWESOME.

Guess I got GTA online on the brain
At first I kept hitting circle to roll
But I got it now

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
At first I kept hitting circle to roll
But I got it now
You can remap the buttons to the original style in the options menu.

Square and triangle are attacks, X parties, RB calls the axe back after throwing, LB Blocks.... It's way easier... Takes some getting used to after playing so long the other way, but after a while it just feels right

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can remap the buttons to the original style in the options menu.

Square and triangle are attacks, X parties, RB calls the axe back after throwing, LB Blocks.... It's way easier... Takes some getting used to after playing so long the other way, but after a while it just feels right
I’m already use to the new controls
I don’t wanna learn new ones again

luvpussy

The wallaby champ
Registered
I love the game so far but am not a fan of the button layout at all. Need to find out how to remap the controls so the attacks are on the face buttons and not the trigger and shoulder button

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Dope as fuck,just defeated the second giant. I'm about to YouTube on how to open that chest after the defeat

Soufboy

Rising Star
Registered
I love the game so far but am not a fan of the button layout at all. Need to find out how to remap the controls so the attacks are on the face buttons and not the trigger and shoulder button

Just change it to "Classic" button layout in the settings menu

And btw, not sure if OP is making this official or not but I vote to make this a Spoiler Free thread. It's hard enough to watch YouTube and not have it spoiled for you every other video that pops up smh. I almost had the final boss spoiled cause of a YouTube suggested video since I watched the God of War review.

Last edited:

Soufboy

Rising Star
Registered
Me either, The over the shoulder style is Great for the last of us, but now "white Kratos" can't even jump.

How sway? in 3 he basically broke the world.

Now in the reincarnation he is no longer kinda black but a Viking with a ginger kid for a son. I with fam will wait till it's $20 on black Friday.

He broke the the Greek Realm, not the Norse Realm. All the Greek Gods are dead but the Norse gods still remain. He isn't supposed to be in this realm which is why he's taken a more secluded approach to life, that and his new wife and son. He's gotten older so as many people do, he's trying to change from the crazy, destructive guy he was when he was younger.

As far as the black thing, Kratos the character has always been white and the guy who voices him is still black (just a different black guy) and his tone is different to reflect a calmer version of Kratos.

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster
As far as the black thing, Kratos the character has always been white and the guy who voices him is still black (just a different black guy) and his tone is different to reflect a calmer version of Kratos.

It's one of those things like in Dragon ballz where piccalo is green but black people adopted him as black. Same now with hit.

We adopted Kratos as Black, but with the new reboot version game developers helped clear up any confusion with his design .

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Great Fucking game so far, story, graphics, voice acting, I was skeptical about the combat but it's deep and intense .the upgrades really start to open up the intense combat .I recommend everyone get use to using the triggers to attack, feel like it pays off and adds weight to the attacks. So far I'm blown away.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On some real shit... Can someone give a real non fanboy, non hater review of this. Everything Im reading is its the best thing since swiss cheese. I also heard the same shit about Zero Dawn, and while I loved the Witcher it was probably because I got it release day and beat the hype, otherwise I couldve been disappointed. Ive never been in love with God of war as it is, I thought it was a repetitive and boring button masher. But this new direction looks interesting. Whats the wrod???

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Classic is better for controls. Mad I died in the first fight like 3 times. Funny how they use a black guy for Kratos but he is technically white (Spartan). Is there no one up to par to be him?

Soufboy

Rising Star
Registered
On some real shit... Can someone give a real non fanboy, non hater review of this. Everything Im reading is its the best thing since swiss cheese. I also heard the same shit about Zero Dawn, and while I loved the Witcher it was probably because I got it release day and beat the hype, otherwise I couldve been disappointed. Ive never been in love with God of war as it is, I thought it was a repetitive and boring button masher. But this new direction looks interesting. Whats the wrod???

As a person who's played all the God of War console games I can tell you that everything is improved here. The old combat system was button mashing which got stale after God of War 3. This new combat system puts you into the action so you can't just keep button mashing... you gotta be aware of your surroundings at all times, use your sons skills and study enemy attack patterns.

It's much more like blood born or dark souls in that you have to fight smart to survive. Button mashing will maybe get you through the first 4 or 5 fights, after that you're assed out if you keep that up.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a person who's played all the God of War console games I can tell you that everything is improved here. The old combat system was button mashing which got stale after God of War 3. This new combat system puts you into the action so you can't just keep button mashing... you gotta be aware of your surroundings at all times, use your sons skills and study enemy attack patterns.

It's much more like blood born or dark souls in that you have to fight smart to survive. Button mashing will maybe get you through the first 4 or 5 fights, after that you're assed out if you keep that up.

Thats whats up. Niohs fighting engine was damn near perfect IMO. Simple and responsive, but will punish button mashers. Deep enough to find a style that suits your approach, but not to the point where its too convoluted.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah man.....and here I thought I was done punishing myself with games like bloodborne

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They dropped this shit on Hitler's birthday too. Nothing but skinhead Nazi bullshit here.
he was a black man.he was never white till this game.

souf summed it up.its a good game but I think it messed up the God of war name.it could have been called viking or something like that but it's nothing like the 4 God of war games.the controls sucks big time.lol this game is hard as heck lol it's like dark souls.its a great game just nothing like God of war.oh one more thing.the boy has more balls then kratos.the boy goes ahead plus be right in battle before his father.its not explaining how the chains an axe was removed from his hands.great game just look at it as a new ip ab not from the past God of war games.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
he was a black man.he was never white till this game.

Huh? Kratos has always been a white Greek Spartan. Admittedly, they put some black "swagger" in his character design, especially with T.C. Carson as his voice actor.

souf summed it up.its a good game but I think it messed up the God of war name.it could have been called viking or something like that but it's nothing like the 4 God of war games.the controls sucks big time.lol this game is hard as heck lol it's like dark souls.its a great game just nothing like God of war.oh one more thing.the boy has more balls then kratos.the boy goes ahead plus be right in battle before his father.its not explaining how the chains an axe was removed from his hands.great game just look at it as a new ip ab not from the past God of war games.

I haven't played this new game at all and don't know much about the story, but the chains and blades broke from his hands after he killed Zeus in GOW 3.